cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not ativate

stranded_sailor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So i am not using an android device or iPhone. I have a Microsoft surface with lte and it will not allow me to sign in to my account. I got in and signed everything up and paid, system took my money but now I can't get in. Chat is no help as it keeps sending me in circles. Guessing I just wasted 50 bucks

38 REPLIES 38

stranded_sailor

Has a physical slot. I used another Sim in it and it picked up but needed the imei changed to match(was told this buy a pc repair guy that is familiar with surface) to get service. 

stranded_sailor

New customer. Surface go 2 lte. Windows 11 so can not get app. Esim has installed, has its own scanner for esim apparently. No service, asking for apn

HI @stranded_sailor so, you are trying to use the eSIM on the Surface, is there a physical sim slot?  Not sure if a physical sim would work.  If there is a phsyical sim slot, maybe you can test with a sim from your cell or from friends

stranded_sailor

I have got the esim to load. It is showing installed but no service. The rep I'm chatting to is trying to tell me this device is not a cell device and won't work and a pc guy I spoke to said it will work fine that it is an imei problem. I actuall just got a txt from telus but still no service. Telling me now to enter an apn. Any suggestion greatly appreciated 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Have you been a customer already and are just wanting to use the Surface? Which exact version of Surface? If you have just signed up so far on the web site then now you need to finish in the app. The app is only for Androids and iphones.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @stranded_sailor 

using Surface would not make a difference.

did you try using different browser? Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome, they should let you login 

What error message you got?

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@stranded_sailor wrote:

So i am not using an android device or iPhone. I have a Microsoft surface with lte and it will not allow me to sign in to my account. I got in and signed everything up and paid, system took my money but now I can't get in. Chat is no help as it keeps sending me in circles. Guessing I just wasted 50 bucks

I think you may need MS Mobile plans app to connect to PM website.

"If your PC has an eSIM, you might be able to add your device to your current mobile account by using the Mobile Plans app in Windows 11. The app connects you to your mobile operator’s website, so you can get a data plan for your device and connect to their cellular network"

"If your PC doesn’t already have the Mobile Plans app installed, you can download it from the Microsoft Store."

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/mobile-plans/9NBLGGH5PNB1?hl=en-ca&gl=ca&rtc=1

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/add-your-windows-pc-to-your-mobile-account-to-get-online...

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@stranded_sailor  Please submit ticket with support 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.