cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I move plans or cancel at anytime?

lovelyrachel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm apart of the 2nd cheapest plan for about 6 months.

I just got a phone through work so might now want to switch my Public Mobile plan to the cheapest one.

Do I need to wait until 12 months to do that? Or can I do that at anytime?

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

lovelyrachel

@dust2dustyou got it, i signed up with that promo. it makes sense that i would lose that extra 2GB, thanks!

lovelyrachel

@darlicious  Thanks 😊

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@lovelyrachel 

You will keep your rewards and any bonus add ons you may have.....but if you have bonus recurring plan data from activation that used a promocode for example (12MONTHS2GB) then that data bonus will be lost.

FYI....you can tag another member by tapping the "@" key and continue typing the username til you see it pop up and you can tap on it. 😀

@lovelyrachel  Some want to change to same plan because they ran out of data and do t want to wait till there cycle ends to have a new data bucket allotment 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

A few keywords here that twigs some thoughts. 2nd cheapest and 6 months and 12 months....did you sign up using a promo code and was there some kind of time limit for the added promo?

Adding - like this one - 2gb 12 months $25 or higher

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-2GB-bonus-for-the-next-12-mo...

If so then you would lose that data.

lovelyrachel

oh, I wasn't sure what would happen with my bonus / rewards. you think they will carryover? that's interesting

lovelyrachel

right on!! I want to keep my personal number because i like it - but figure i don't need so much data

lovelyrachel

thanks!

lovelyrachel

interesting, why would you want to change to the same plan? i don't get that? are you changing phone numbers?

lovelyrachel

Good reminder for keeping everything separate. I will still try to keep everything separate. Just figure I don't need as much data now probably

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@lovelyrachel 

You can change anytime you like. It's always best to schedule a change plan on next renewal as there is no pro-rating at pm and any eligible* rewards will be differed to your next renewal.

*All $$ rewards are differed. Points rewards are added depending on eligibility. Ie. Get back (5%)+(3×) points are still added after you pay for the new plan

If you have any bonus add ons you haven't yet used changing to the $15 plan will likely allow you to dip into them but if you prefer to use your holiday gift of 500 international minutes for their higher value destinations then you may want to purchase the $5/500min add on to supplement your 100 outgoing minutes. It's a one time purchase that rolls over every 30 days until completely used.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

That’s a smart move. Many people who use a work supplied phone moved to the $15 plan just to retain a personal device for personal use.

myself included!!!

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can change it anytime yourself through the self serve portal.  Just log into your account, change plan and change it at next renewal to the cheapest plan.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@lovelyrachel  You can switch anytime and it always best to change at renewal so you don’t lose your current cycle but you can change at anytime you wish just not to to the same plan you currently have I just learned that needs to be done by a agent known as early renewal 

Chrissyrioux12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can do this anytime you like it’s a prepaid month to month you can make it for the next renewal for the lower plan always remember what happens on a work phone belongs to the company 

I always like t9 keep mine separate 

Need Help? Let's chat.