cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All mixed up!

mj-c
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I created an account (***.***.4915) which my son has been using. I used my primary email. So far, so good for over 2 yrs.

Now I'd like to port my number (***.***.5686) back to Public. I started to set up an account so I could activate my new Public SIM and was told I already have an account. Then when I try to login to my account using my phone number, I don't receive the SMS code to authenticate and the email code logs me into my son's account!

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mj-c Yes as others have noted, you'll need a separate email address for each account.  If you want to use 1 emailbox to manage both accounts, a workaround you could use an email alias if you use Gmail or Outlook.com as your email provider.  YMMV if you use something else for email.  If you do this emails for both phone accounts will end up in the same mailbox.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mj-c - each account needs it own unique email. So you will need to use another email to activate, or change the email on your son's account to another email.

The only way to change an email on an existing account is to get a representative to do it from public mobile (CSA).

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You need to use a different email address.

Adding - at activation.

Need Help? Let's chat.