cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend referal

shahbanath
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to refer my friend. Do I need to order SIM first for my friend?

12 REPLIES 12

shahbanath

Thank you so much

shahbanath

Thank you so much😊

@shahbanath wrote:

Ok. Then when he activate the SIM card he can put my referal code. Right?

One more thing, he needs to port his number from Koodo to PM. When we activate the SIM, do we have an option to port the number?

@shahbanath  Porting from Koodo:

If your switching from Koodo postpaid your can port-in your number during sim activation. Just have your Koodo account number, name on the Koodo account and Koodo number ready and enter it when choosing your number.

If you wish to transfer an existing numbering from Koodo Prepaid or PC Mobile, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Customer Support Agents here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

@shahbanath 

The first step is for your friend to have a new public mobile SIM card.

They also need a credit card and an email address in order to complete the activation process.

If they are moving their number from another provider, they’ll need the other providers account number for the service, and they can arrange the port during the activation process.

In order for things to go smoothly, make sure your friend does not cancel or terminate the other service, if moving from there to here.

As far as your referral code, it’s best to copy that from your self-serve landing page and send it to your friend by text or email, and have them paste it into the activation field. This avoids any errors with misinterpreting letters versus numbers - trust me, it happens. 

shahbanath

Ok. Then when he activate the SIM card he can put my referal code. Right?

One more thing, he needs to port his number from Koodo to PM. When we activate the SIM, do we have an option to port the number?

@softech wrote:

@shahbanath yes, first step is to get a sim

But do NOT order from PM site, too long to deliver 

Get it from local Telus or Koodo store in person

It doesn't always take that long @softech 

Plus, SIMs are 2 for 1 with public right now, so $5 each @shahbanath 

esjliv_0-1674079441769.png

edit adding tagged member

@shahbanath wrote:

So the first step is ordering the SIM card. Right?

SIM cads can also be purchased from corporately-owend Telus and Koodo stores.  But yes, a SIM card is needed before any account activation can be performed.

@shahbanath yes, first step is to get a sim

But do NOT order from PM site, too long to deliver 

Get it from local Telus or Koodo store in person

shahbanath

So the first step is ordering the SIM card. Right?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@shahbanath you don't need to provide him the sim cars , not a requirement but you can be nice to him 😉 

just give him the referral code and he will need to  enter it in Step 4 of the activation process 

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can order or your friend can order SIM themselves.  They'll need your referral code and when they sign up there will be a field where they can enter the referral code to receive their $10 credit.

@shahbanath wrote:

I want to refer my friend. Do I need to order SIM first for my friend?

Yes. Your friend will need a SIM card to activate the service and to use your referral code.

Need Help? Let's chat.