cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart plan

Gedubz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to restart my plan because I am out of my 20gb of data. How do I do that?

27 REPLIES 27

@Gedubz @This is so  strange are you able to test it in another phone and see if services work as it should 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1   For sure, if on rewards don't bother but would be great if one of your referrals is willing to be the guinea pig.. 😊

Gedubz

I’ve rebooted it 3 times and the CS agent apologizes and says he or she is refreshing my network and still no cellular data. The phone was working fine before requesting an early renewal

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dabr  I would have to see if one of my referrals that on points system  would be willing to give it a try as I’m on rewards myself and , don’t wanna lose out on that so I’ll gonna look into it for sure 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Gedubz 

Reboot your phone.

Gedubz

I’m having huge issues since renewing my plan early. I’m not getting any cellular data right now. The signal bars keep going from 1 to 3 bars and the LTE blinks on and off

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1    Yeah, if you're on points then you don't lose any rewards, so might be something you can follow through and see what happens and report back because we don't have confirmation as to what happens.

@dabr- I tried it out too and nor did I complete it. I guess I missed that detail in one of their posts. I do tend to scan posts when I'm doing catch-up reading.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dabr  @dust2dust  That’s interesting I would only give it a experimental go a day or two before renewal to test then 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1  @dust2dust    I think since PM updated the self serve account this optio become possible.  I tested it before posting (obviously, did not proceed to change now after my plan became available) and I also think it might have been mentioned as a workaround previously by one of the oracles.

Good catch @Handy1 . So that made me look. That's quite a workaround. Thanks for that @dabr . Can you or anyone confirm if it works?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

So it can be done who ever still reading this far 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Gedubz   For future reference if you want to restart a new cycle with the same plan (though usually not recommended because of no pro-ration and temporary loss of rewards), you might want to just select Change at Next Renewal and once you confirm the change, then your old plan becomes available with options to Change Plan now or at Renewal.

@Gedubz  Well hopefully it won’t take to long , initial reply from agents seems like the longest but once you get that reply any back and forth communications you have from there are fairly quick and painless . 

Gedubz

Thanks everyone. I’ve sent a message to CS Agent and am just waiting for a reply now. Thanks again

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Gedubz 

It's helpful to manually top up your account balance the $45 needed to renew your plan early to cut down on the need to message back and forth with the CSA.

Yes that is a good idea @HALIMACS  I’m shocked , thinking back I’ve never been in that situation of early renewal , I’ve changed plans here immediately and in renewal on different occasions.. so I was assuming you would be able to @dust2dust @and sorry again @Gedubz  for the confusion on my end. I truly thought you needed to know where to find the plan addon tab to change plan yourself and as it should be in this very case 

@Handy1 

Plan changes can only be done with a different plan than the current one you’re on.

It is unfortunate public mobile doesn’t implement a plan renewal option of the same plan without requiring customer support to implement. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You have to contact agent to renew your plan Today.

To Contact CSA-agent; there are 2 methods:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Ticket has to be opened through chatbot - https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Having a ticket is preferred way to contact agent as they might respond faster then receiving personal mail.

If opening a ticket does not work very first time, contact agent directly.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking (Ctrl+)Here

@Gedubz @Then I’m sorry for thinking you could here’s link for support 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

Or if you really wanna spend money, change the plan now to the $15 plan, use the 250mb, then change again back to your original plan.

Adding - @Handy1 - for as long as I've been a customer, no, not the same plan. Only support. It's always useful in our "job" to walk through processes to have some familiarity with it. You would see as the OP said that you can't "change" to the same plan.

@dust2dust  So he can’t go into self serve and change to same plan he has now , to restart 30day cycle now on say the 20G for $45 plan assuming that’s what he has and it’s still available 

Like this @Gedubz 

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 

2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Gedubz

Sorry, how do I ask support to do this? 

Gedubz

it won’t let me change it to the same plan I have

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You would need to ask support to do what we call an early renewal.

Adding - You can't re-up the same plan yourself.

Adding more - or buy data add-ons to hold you over until your renewal

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Gedubz  Sign into self serve go to plan / addon tab and change plan 

Need Help? Let's chat.