cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANT ACCESS MY ACCOUNT / TRANSFER MY CELL NUMBER TO PUBLIC MOBILE

Misty1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Guys,

I subscribed to PM last week but have had problems transferring my number to PM. I texted CS, a ticket was issued - Got a message from CS after a day or so that they have created a new number (wondered why!) and asked me to restart my cell to activate that number and to initiate the transfer. I did that but nothing happened. I am still with my old network - but now I have a new problem; my OTP text message goes to this new number which I don't have access to so I can't even access my account and reach out to CS.

Therefore, I am reaching out to the community now for their help. Thanks in advance guys!!.

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Misty1 

If your old SIM is still working then porting was completed. You are required to reply to the text with YES confirming that you are porting to PM with the old SIM in your phone within the 90 minute window.

It sounds like you missed this critical step.

You will need to contact a CS_Agent to complete the porting for you so leave the old SIM in your phone and DON’T cancel with your previous carrier yet. Once porting is completed, it will cancel your old carrier account automatically.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Misty1   So your new number isn't working at all?  Is this a physical sim or an esim?  If you do end up needing to contact Public Mobile support when you can't log in and the chat icon bottom right of this page doesn't  help, you can private message them using this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Misty1 

sound like the number not ported yet.  But check with PM porting support team and confirm.   I will send you the number to PM Porting support team  Please check your community inbox

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Misty1 , please contact the porting team using the number in the link below.

https://community.koodomobile.com/tips-tricks-troubleshooting-232914/phone-number-transfer-error-781....

Need Help? Let's chat.