cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay Charged on credit card. 10$ account expired (When login show 13$)

techdentinc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone plan is disabled.

I don`t understand the account balance shows 10$. I was charged 3$ on my credit card on april 28th.
My plan is 10$ (50 min / 30 days)

Why does it shows disabled.

And also the plan does not display 10$ now.

15 REPLIES 15

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@computergeek541 

Yes I see now that we had posted at the same time. Thanks 

treefrog

@softech 

Thank you. I will keep that in mind.

@treefrog wrote:

Are other plans going to go up?

@treefrog   Not yet, and m Crystal Ball tells me no price increase of other plan in May.  But my Crystal Ball cannot see farer than that.. LoL

Honest, while this could happen, but that also depends if PM's other Tier 3 brothers/sisters (Chatr and Lucky) will do the same.  I imagine they will all do together.  Last time PM tried to lead by "offering" a Provincial Call Only plans and that was an epic failure.

@treefrog wrote:

When did this happen? Are other plans going to go up?

Please have a look at the picture posted a a few moments before you.  The $10 plan price was increased on April 28.  This was the only plan that had the price raised for existing customers.

treefrog

When did this happen? Are other plans going to go up?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@techdentinc You should have received an SMS like this earlier, some people got an email as well:

hTideGnow_0-1651265418652.png

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@techdentinc 

Unfortunately the $10 plan has been subjected to an unreasonable 30% rate hike and pm has failed to properly inform you and others of its price increase. You can file a CCTS complaint for not properly informing you of the price of your plan increasing. Your autopay failure was the cherry on top.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

There is no more grandfathered $10 plan. It is now called $13 Plan. Price was increased by $3 and it was announced and discussed over last month or so in Community.

So you haven't officially been dinged for the extra 3? You are expecting that in May. Some ppl have said they didn't get dinged and there next payment says 10 not 13, guess we will find out soon enough

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I renewed $10 plans before the 28th. Overnight of the 28th they changed the amount due to the new $13. I got a mix of emails and texts about the price increase. A horrendous 30% price increase. I was not charged any more for the new price. If you renewed yesterday or today ie. next renewal May 28 or 29 then you will have been charged the new amount.

It won't be $6 next time. It will be the $13 minus any rewards. Just like when it was $10 minus any rewards.

But they've managed to take away the 3 years of loyalty that those on the $10 plan would at least have built up. Nice eh. Complain to the CCTS. I will be.

@techdentinc wrote:

When did they announce the change for 13$, I did not get any advance notice.

The auto pay took 3$ from my credit card. Now they need 6$ each 30 days?

@techdentinc  - did you ever opt out of Public Mobile communications? OR, maybe it was sent to your junk/spam folder and then was deleted after so long.

Some related articles:

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/telus/public-mobile-to-increase-price-of-legacy-10-plan-by-30...

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/psa-public-mobile-grandfathered-10-plan-increasing-13-apr-28-2528499...

@techdentinc    You should have received an email from PM several weeks ago about the price increase of 30% to the $10 grandfathered plan.  There have been several threads posted after that email was received with many unhappy customers with the size of the increase in price.   Unfortunately, PM hasn't reversed course, despite the protests from customers.  Edit:  BTW no official announcement was made.

techdentinc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When did they announce the change for 13$, I did not get any advance notice.

The auto pay took 3$ from my credit card. Now they need 6$ each 30 days?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@techdentinc  - The $10 plan went up to $13.

Do you still have services? If yes, this could be your account going through the normal renewal process. The SELF SERVE account can say "expired" or "suspended" on the day of or before your plan is due to renew.

So, if this is the case, ignore these messages on your SELF SERVE account.

If you have no services, and it is past your renewal, maybe your autopay failed?

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount through SELF SERVE (or by calling 611 if you have a card registered)
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  3. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  4. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  5. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  6. Reboot your phone.

If this was an Autopay failure, I would let the Customer Support Agents (CSA) know.

Methods to contact the Customer Support Agents (CSA): https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@techdentinc 

If you have enough in your account balance in self service try this:

In self service choose lost/stolen. Suspend your service and then log out. Log back in after 1 minute and resume your service. Is the status Active? If yes log out and reboot your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.