cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto payment not accepted

courtneydunn5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My auto payment all of a sudden stopped working and now my service has been suspended. I tried removing my card and reading it but now it will not let me and I have no options to pay. Not sure what to do, my card and address etc. Were all correct. 

10 REPLIES 10

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@courtneydunn5 wrote:

My auto payment all of a sudden stopped working and now my service has been suspended. I tried removing my card and reading it but now it will not let me and I have no options to pay. Not sure what to do, my card and address etc. Were all correct. 

@courtneydunn5 

Once you make a payment (methods provided by others to do so) and get your services working again, I would suggest letting the Moderators know about the Autopay failure.

Ensure any rewards are given if they were missed on the manual top-up/payment you had to make.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

@courtneydunn5 

An autopay failure and subsequent issues trying to add a card once removed from the system can be exceptionally frustrating. To get your services up and running purchasing a voucher to load onto your account is the easiest way to remedy your immediate problem....lack of service.

Vouchers from 7/11, SDM, Shell stations and London Drugs can all be added via 611 immediately after purchase. Dial 611 then press (1) and (1) again and enter the 12 digit pin #. You will get a confirmation of a successful payment. Hang up and reboot your phone if necessary.

Canadian Tire Gas Bars and Mobil Stations have RTP (instant top ups) for a $1 fee. More user contributed info and examples of real vouchers can be found in the voucher catalogue.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#...

My advice for successful payments and adding a credit card can be found below....

Spoiler

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot.

@courtneydunn5  .... another choice is to go retails ( Canadian Tire Gas, Esso, Gateway Newstands, and MacEwen locations) for instant top-up.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/pay-for-your-services-in-retail

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@courtneydunn5...

go to 711 type retail and get payment vouchers for your next renewal...then dial 611 to add them to your account. Make sure the vouchers are "activated" right away as some aren't activated for several hours after sale.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@courtneydunn5 The Autopay option is not perfect. It may fail even if everything is ok with your CC. Have the Autopay option enabled but do manual payments before the plan's expiration dates to prevent suspension issues.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@courtneydunn5  don't try too many times too fast

Account will get locked after 2 attempts. Too many attempts will trigger a fraud alert lock and you will have to contact the moderators to unlock the alert and then have them to add credit card for you.

If your service is suspended, or the following method doesn't work and you need to add fund urgently, it is best to purchase a voucher and add it thru 611 to get your service working and then contact the moderators.

Try this only after you have not made any attempts for 24 hours. It is best to try it late at night when the site has less traffic. (Tips: No more more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card within 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators.)

1. Clear the browser cache and then close all tabs.
2. Launch your browser again, you might want to Use secret/private/incognito mode.
3. At Self-Serve, Payment Tab-> "Manage my Card" (Under the One Time Payment option) -> "Replace my card"
4. When filling in the information

a. Avoid autofill
b. If address/name your credit card statement is in ALL CAPS, follow it with All CAP.
c. Do not use the Apt/Unit box. Leave it blank.
If you have a suite #, add it to your street address instead.
When you fill out the street address, following Canada Post address if there is a discrepancy.
You might use the billing address on your second attempt if necessary.
Example: 101-1234 ABCD AVE E , City , PROV , CANADA , X0X0X0
d. Do not use a space in the postal code.
If it fails the first time, you might want to try X0X 0X (drop the last digit due to space)
e. Make sure you use the full name on the card.

5. Submit the credit card/address without a payment attached to have it register.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

you have to Submit a ticket to customer service by Moderator Team,

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@courtneydunn5 

How long has this been working for before it stopped?  Has anything changed?

You can try and login to My Account, then Payment tab to Manage AutoPay... you can try to remove/readd then do a manual payment of $1 to see if it works.  In the meantime, you can also do this manual payment to get it going again.  

Need Help? Let's chat.