cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation not working online

TMe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Activate.publicmobile.ca says oops the site is oops the site is down or having maintenance.. The chatbot says there's no scheduled maintenance

I'd like to register my new sim card and phone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@TMe wrote:

Hi no this is for myself. Well it says the site is down but do you mean that I should take my SIM card out of my phone that I'm using right now and put it in the new one? 

Yes put your old SIM card in your new phone and reboot. Do not activate the new SIM card.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

softech
Mayor / Maire

@TMe   Yup, it is down at the moment.

Probably need to keep trying, it is a non-scheduled maintenance, cannot tell how long it will take.  😞

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Hopefully they're fixing Koodo charging and 821.

TMe

I've had my phone for over a month.  I finally got brave enough to activate it and I can't. Lol

TMe

What is 821

TMe

Thank you

@TMe : It's an error code that shows rarely. Don't worry about it unless you get it.

By the way, if you're getting bombarded by people offering you their referral code...they're breaking the rules of the place. You could report them if you like. You could ask openly here for one. You could ask someone in private message.

TMe

Activation site still down. Someone else said it was down 2 weeks ago and others other times as well. Is this going to be fixed or has it been like this the whole time?? Is there any other way to activate my new phone and SIM card?

TMe

What is a referral code for ?

I am not New to public mobile. I think I'm going on my 4th year soon . The trouble I'm having is with a new phone and SIM card.  I simply want to activate it.

As far as being new to the community, I don't know why I had to re register.  I had an account here but I haven't been here in a long time. I haven't needed to

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@TMe wrote:

What is a referral code for ?

I am not New to public mobile. I think I'm going on my 4th year soon . The trouble I'm having is with a new phone and SIM card.  I simply want to activate it.

As far as being new to the community, I don't know why I had to re register.  I had an account here but I haven't been here in a long time. I haven't needed to

When you activate your SIM card you can enter a referral code to receive a $10 credit into your account. You can ask a friend for one or you can ask us here and we will PM one to you.

Edit: If you are already a customer here and you have a new phone….you just need to put your old SIM card into your new unlocked phone and reboot. You do not need to activate a new SIM card. Is this a new phone and new SIM card for someone else? If that is the case use your referral code from your self service account.