cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation not working online

TMe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Activate.publicmobile.ca says oops the site is oops the site is down or having maintenance.. The chatbot says there's no scheduled maintenance

I'd like to register my new sim card and phone

22 REPLIES 22

TMe

Thx. 

And now if I can only figure out all the new features that come with going from Android 8 to Android 11 and  other new phone features.  My old phone was from 2017.

@TMe   Yup, just go back to the solution you picked earlier, down arrow on the top right,  and click Not the solution, then you can go back to JK8's one and select it as the solution

Glad it all works now.  Enjoy 

TMe

Yes it worked beautifully.  It instantly hooked up and and I didn't even have to restart it. Wow.  That was almost too easy lol. Thank you again.

How can I close this out so people don't keep responding?

TMe

How do I put this as the correct solution? And remove it from the other one? And thanks again.

TMe

Yes it worked beautifully.  It instantly hooked up and and I didn't even have to restart it. Wow.  That was almost too easy lol. Thank you again. How can I close this out so people don't keep responding?

TMe

You are very helpful.. Thank you so much. And I'll let you know.

TMe

Thanks? I will try that.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@TMe 

Let us know if your old SIM card works in your new unlocked phone? It should.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@TMe 

If you do not know your self service log in information contact a CSA.

Second option below is the easiest.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Hours of operation:

You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in the top right hand corner for a reply from the CSA.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@TMe wrote:

Hi no this is for myself. Well it says the site is down but do you mean that I should take my SIM card out of my phone that I'm using right now and put it in the new one? 

Yes put your old SIM card in your new phone and reboot. Do not activate the new SIM card.

TMe

Hi no this is for myself. Well it says the site is down but do you mean that I should take my SIM card out of my phone that I'm using right now and put it in the new one? 

TMe

Not impressed my new phone changes my words after I press send.

TMe

Well that's the best answer I've gotten so far thank you however I have a new SIM card also. The activate page is down the is down the create a self service account is doomed and count is down and visit my account is down.  I cannot even find my account number to put in a ticket this is very frustrating frustrating.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@TMe wrote:

What is a referral code for ?

I am not New to public mobile. I think I'm going on my 4th year soon . The trouble I'm having is with a new phone and SIM card.  I simply want to activate it.

As far as being new to the community, I don't know why I had to re register.  I had an account here but I haven't been here in a long time. I haven't needed to

When you activate your SIM card you can enter a referral code to receive a $10 credit into your account. You can ask a friend for one or you can ask us here and we will PM one to you.

Edit: If you are already a customer here and you have a new phone….you just need to put your old SIM card into your new unlocked phone and reboot. You do not need to activate a new SIM card. Is this a new phone and new SIM card for someone else? If that is the case use your referral code from your self service account.

TMe

What is a referral code for ?

I am not New to public mobile. I think I'm going on my 4th year soon . The trouble I'm having is with a new phone and SIM card.  I simply want to activate it.

As far as being new to the community, I don't know why I had to re register.  I had an account here but I haven't been here in a long time. I haven't needed to

TMe

Activation site still down. Someone else said it was down 2 weeks ago and others other times as well. Is this going to be fixed or has it been like this the whole time?? Is there any other way to activate my new phone and SIM card?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TMe : It's an error code that shows rarely. Don't worry about it unless you get it.

By the way, if you're getting bombarded by people offering you their referral code...they're breaking the rules of the place. You could report them if you like. You could ask openly here for one. You could ask someone in private message.

TMe

Thank you

TMe

What is 821

TMe

I've had my phone for over a month.  I finally got brave enough to activate it and I can't. Lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully they're fixing Koodo charging and 821.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@TMe   Yup, it is down at the moment.

Probably need to keep trying, it is a non-scheduled maintenance, cannot tell how long it will take.  😞

Need Help? Let's chat.