cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation/Sim not provisioned for voice

randomproblems0
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

I've been trying to activate my sim card...purchased two different sim card and still didn't work.

Tried turning on and off

Did not work.

Rebooted

Did not work

Mark the phone stolen and reactivated.

Did not work.

Meanwhile, my virgin sim card is working right off the gate so clearly its not the sim card issue.

I think that there is some issue with activating new sim card and connecting to Public Mobile network (Telus)...

Can you please help.  

5 REPLIES 5

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@randomproblems0 

I will private message you the number to help with porting.

To check your private messages, look at the envelope icon between your avatar and the bell icon on the upper right.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @randomproblems0 can you login My Account? does it show account status active?  

if you have  a phone that working on Virgin, the same phone should work on PM network, try your PM sim card there 

if it shows now connect, maybe it is really provisioning, just submit a ticket with support 

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@randomproblems0 you got 2 sim cards and you activated twice?  you paid twice?

not sure why you compare your Virgin sim and conclude not sim card issue.  Virgin sim can only activate on Virgin network

let us know what you have done for PM activation, you should have activated once with one sim card

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@randomproblems0 

If you Virgin SIM is still working then porting is incomplete.

You need to leave the Virgin SIM in your phone and wait for the text confirming with YES that your are porting over to PM. There is 90 minutes for you to reply or ELSE porting is incomplete.

Once you confirm, your Virgin SIM will continue to work until porting is completed. Then power off your phone and switch the SIM then power back on your phone.

Easy!

If you missed any of these steps, you need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process for you BUT leave the old SIM in your phone.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@randomproblems0 

so there's a process to follow if you're porting in to PM from elsewhere. Did you leave old sim in and reply YES within the allotted time ?

added...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/number-transfer-port-troubleshooting

Need Help? Let's chat.