cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating a new account online possible or only with Smartphone?

GadgetMan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just signed up and I am seeing the message on the website that a person has to install a PM app to activate. Is this the only way or can it be activated by logging into my account online when I receive the SIM card?

6 REPLIES 6

HI @GadgetMan 

since it is a sim card activation, you can ask a friend to help to download and complete the activation on his phone. He can uninstall the app after and you can access everything online as usual

but you can also ask support agent to help to finalized the activation process, just submit ticket as advised above

@GadgetMan  Can you use a friends phone to download the app and activate . Then from there you can manage the account on the website 

GadgetMan

Will try this option when the SIM arrives...Thx.

GadgetMan

That can be a problem since the phone is locked out of Apple account as no one knows the password and the recovery email also has a forgotten password of the person to use this account I created.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@GadgetMan  Yes since earlier this year the PM app was introduced all new activation need the app to activate now 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @GadgetMan 

technically YES.  you need to use the app to complete teh activation

but if you don't have a smartphone, and you already got passed payment step.  Once you go the sim card, ask support agent to help to complete that for you.  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437                     

Need Help? Let's chat.