cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$5 off for the 1st 3mths for switching to 5GB plan.

Eliza5
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@J_PM 

Switched to a 5GB plan but didn't received the $5 off.  Could put the $5 back into my account.

Thanks.

@Eliza5

25 REPLIES 25

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Eliza5     Hopefully, you've contacted customer support and asked to add the missing credits to your account. 

Eliza5
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dabr 

My account is up to date.

@dust2dust    Still not available on suspended accounts.

@dabr- Also an interesting find. I had also asked about the quick links. While suspended?

@dust2dust   The screenshot is of this offer from the suspended account but I don't see it ATM on the active accounts, although I'm reasonably sure, that I have seen it on one of those accounts previously.

@dabr- Which is why I was wondering if you maybe a different fine print to see when in that state.

Oh! Interesting choice of words. And if you have an account currently suspended what do you get then?

@dust2dust   What I find interesting (odd?) is that clicking Change My Plan from this offer, doesn't give you the option to Change at Next Renewal which is available for normal plan changes.

Yes, it seems PM has restored the Quick Links options for non-suspended accounts.

edit:  Updating to clarify that suspended accounts no longer give an option to Change at Next Renewal (while suspended).

Wow. Once again Public... well they darn well better honour it. So switch to the one and only 5gb plan and you somehow get either $5 or it's $35. For 3 months. I know I'm not interested but some people like these kinds of offers so good for them.

@dust2dust   It only appears on the landing page and there's no other information in the other pages.

@dust2dust wrote:

Wow. No details anywhere? How about The Fine Print while you seem to be in some different state?

Correct. There aren't any details anywhere. Clicking on the ad doesn't take you anywhere either.

Wow. No details anywhere? How about The Fine Print while you seem to be in some different state?

@dust2dust    There's no details available as the next option is to "Change My Plan".  Clicking that brings me to available plans and strangely there's only the one option to "change plan now", so I didn't proceed further. 

@dabr- Can you click through and screenshot all the details.

@computergeek541    Agree, the discount should be/been available for anyone upgrading to 5GB+ data plan.

edit:  Just logged into one of the accounts and yes the offer is still there, so PM needs to honour these whether it's an error or not.

dabr_0-1663872489727.png

@dabr wrote:

@Eliza5    You should definitely be submitting a ticket to customers support and ask PM to honour their offer because I've seen that "have we got a sweet deal for you" for 3 months discount of $5 for upgrading to a 5GB plan which has been appearing on/off in a couple of household accounts for several months now.  Plus I'm quite sure that I have received an email with this so called "sweet deal" offer. 

The banner ad didn't just say for only upgrading.  I suspect that it was shown to everyone. I saw it even though I already had a more expensive plan that included more data. The arguement could also be used that the offer should be honor for anyone who switched to a plan that incldues more than 5GB of data. I have done that, but there was no discount.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

This had been mentioned here before.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/5-Reward-not-applied/m-p/873583

While I was looking at a $15 plan just now I noticed that the quick links are no longer blocked.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Eliza5    You should definitely be submitting a ticket to customers support and ask PM to honour their offer because I've seen that "have we got a sweet deal for you" for 3 months discount of $5 for upgrading to a 5GB plan which has been appearing on/off in a couple of household accounts for several months now.  Plus I'm quite sure that I have received an email with this so called "sweet deal" offer. 

@computergeek541 wrote:

The issue here is that Public Mobile did advertise this to existing customers. As the ad shows up after logging into Self Serve, it could be argued that it is being offered specifically to the individual customer.

So if I have no reason to log in into my account I would (and I do not) not know of this promo?

Kind of silly.... do you log in on a daily basis to your account??? I do not. Absolutely no reason to do that.

I have the slimmest piece of memory that I might have seen that pop up. I'm not interested in such an offer so I ignored it and forgot all about it. If I remember it at all. I agree, if someone bites on it then it should be honoured.

@Yummy wrote:

Switching plan will not give you any bonus. Promos are in most cases geared toward new customers. Currently there are no promo/bonuses for existing customers.

The issue here is that Public Mobile did advertise this to existing customers. As the ad shows up after logging into Self Serve, it could be argued that it is being offered specifically to the individual customer.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Switching plan will not give you any bonus. Promos are in most cases geared toward new customers. Currently there are no promo/bonuses for existing customers.

@Eliza5 wrote:

Switched to a 5GB plan but didn't received the $5 off.  Could put the $5 back into my account.

Sorry, but there is no $5 off for existing customers to swtich plans that I know of.  The banner add in the Self Serve accounts appears to be some type of error that caused a new customer banner add to show up in current customers' Self Serve accounts.  In my opinion, Public Mobile should honor this, but that's not up to me.  This was asked about before, but unfortunately no information was provided by Public Mobile and there are also no details provided in the advertisement either.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Eliza5 did you join around end of August or early Sept for tha special friend referral bonus?  did you put in the friend referral code?? Your friend who referred youbshould get the $5 too, did he get it??  PM sent out the bonus around 2nd week for Sept

You might want to open ticket with PM support for them to investigate

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Usually the account monthly bonuses don’t apply if you already had a number/ service at PM.. usually for new accounts only.. could be wrong have’s been following promotions but that’s something for you to look at..

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Eliza5 hi where did you see this 5 dollars off for 3 months 

@Eliza5 wrote:

@J_PM 

Thanks.

@Eliza5

Need Help? Let's chat.