cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 G Plan

Ishen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why is it that I can use WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram but can't access search engines such as chrome or my apps on my plan?

3 REPLIES 3

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

In your individual app settings on your phone do you have data blocked to any apps?

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Ishen 

Do you have same problem when you turn off your mobile network and try to use the apps or search engine while strictly on Wi-Fi? If so, that may indicate a phone or app settings problem. Good luck.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ishen 

it shouldn't have these problems

But can you access sites with browser without problem?  

what phone do you have? brand and model?

what you should do is to first try to Reset All Networks on your phone and test again. 
If still fails, change your network to 4G/LTE and test
Next, try to uninstall the app and reinstall.  Start with Facebook and Instagram app.   When you start to work on Whatsapp, make sure you backup everything first and download the medias you want to keep

if still does not work, test your PM sim card in another phone.  This will force a reprovision of the sim card and can resolve the issue when you put the sim back to your own phone

Last, have support to refresh your account on the system.   please open ticket with PM support:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Login" and finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.