cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

15 outgoing and incoming calls from/to an unknown phone number.

JNDO
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I checked "My History. I noticed 15 outgoing and incoming calls from/to an unknown phone number.

Number with an area code 778. I did not make those calls. I do not remember receiving those calls.

Is my phone number compromised? What is going on? Can someone help me? 

Thanks

Jean

5 REPLIES 5

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@JNDOIf the number matches one of those on the list linked here, then it's just what you see when someone calls you, you don't answer, and it's forwarded to voicemail.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

Hi @dejavu89 it is outgoing and incoming  ,so likely not those test calls

It us very likely the voicemail calls.  When people called and redirected over to VM or when check VM from phone, both would show on the usage log

dejavu89
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It might be possibly Apple or Google doing these calls to verify a new number or maybe some rogue app you gave access to your calling function. Searching the complete number on google might help diagnose.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@JNDO   Does that number end in 4001 or 4002?  Then that's just unanswered calls to your phone that goes to your voicemail number when someone has left a message for you.  You can listen to the message by long pressing "1" key on your phone keypad.  Retrieving voicemail will deduct available minutes if you're on the $13 or $15 plan which have limited outgoing mins.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Is outgoing number ends in 4001? It is your voice mail.

Need Help? Let's chat.