Mayor / Maire

Re: We’re expanding our Oracle team!

@darlicious  You're a poet and you don't even know it. 😃

Great Xmas tune lol

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 

I think I got (Chris) Webbyfied tonight! Or at least the PG version.

mpcdesign
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious, oh my gawd....that was hilarious! What do you do for a career....because you would be great either in Marketing or a writer. Or the next Dear Abby! I love it!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mpcdesign 

Attended art college (OCA now OCAD.)

30+ years in restaurants both front and back of house.

Currently unemployed due to COVID-19 and being waitlisted for second surgery.

Contemplating a mid-life career change.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

Anyone get a message back? Everyone is so quiet 🤣 Mum's the word I guess lol. Unless they did not contact anyone yet? If they did, I do have a few ideas on maybe who. As some members have suddenly changed their writing styles 😅

Wish each and everyone one of you a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year!

@Jb456 I have noticed that also and that is really too bad.  

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@RosieR wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

Anyone get a message back? Everyone is so quiet 🤣 Mum's the word I guess lol. Unless they did not contact anyone yet? If they did, I do have a few ideas on maybe who. As some members have suddenly changed their writing styles 😅

Wish each and everyone one of you a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year!

@Jb456 I have noticed that also and that is really too bad.  

@RosieR 

What is too bad? That suddenly a crusty poster gets all squeaky clean therefore looking like a fake? For myself, I've been doing some other things like still settling in to a new place for 6 months still. I've been trying to decide if I should return a new tv and keep my old one that still works perfectly fine.

Some of us have lives.

I had something to say last night to a post that might not have been entirely kind. Then I was done for the night. I'm not quite the night owl as others. I've been here and there around here for the last while too.

So that's me. I know...no one asked me. 🙂

mpcdesign
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious, wow, I went the cheap way and went to a community college, VCC, for design. Worked up the ranks after graduation. I promised myself if I couldn't get a job within a month of finishing at VCC, I would go back to school and get the proper credentials and degree. I was quite fortunate and landed a job as a graphic designer, which saw me living in Whistler, BC.

It was cursed and never snowed when I was there. Resigned and two weeks after I left, it snowed! Argh! Worked back in the city as a pre-press technician. Still freelancing at the side but also a part-time instructor now. I love teaching. A second-calling, I guess as one of the companies I was working for, trained other designers, and a colleague mentioned I should consider teaching in 2011. How fast ten years is approaching us!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mpcdesign 

I attended OCA with a combination of loans and OSAP grants aka the Ontario Stereo Aquisition Program....lol! At 17 it was quite the adventure on my own in the big smoke. I took my third year off to "do" Europe needless to say the only souvenier I brought home was an irish husband and life got in the way of finishing my degree. 

Seeing as I look at the new Emily Carr everyday out of my bedroom window it would be nice to go back and finish it. Tuition is just a tad more then in my day.....1 full year ( 2 semesters of 7 full credits) when i attended covers 1 full credit course out of a nine credit yearly course load currently at Emily Carr. A four year graduate degree is 7 times the cost of what mine would have been.. I think i will keep staring.....

By way the crow flies......By way the crow flies......Or a 2 minute bike ride....Or a 2 minute bike ride....

Need Help? Let's chat.