Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We’re expanding our Oracle team!

Melinda_H
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have some exciting news to share - we're looking to grow our Oracle program!

As Public Mobile continues to grow and expand, we're hoping to do the same with our Oracle program; not only are we looking for new and exciting opportunities for Oracles to get more involved with the Community and with Public Mobile, we are also looking to expand our Oracle team. 

We're looking to add passionate, knowledgeable Oracles to the team, and we would especially love to add diversity and representation from those that are bilingual French speakers, so we can better support our Community. 

The Oracle program is designed to recognize our most active and helpful Community members who are passionate and knowledgeable about all things Public Mobile, enjoy helping others, and are interested in providing feedback & participating in ideation with Public Mobile.

This time around, we'll be trying something new and will be using an application process to allow all who are interested to apply should you meet the criteria below:

Who we're looking for:

• Friendly, welcoming, positive individuals that want to make the Community a better place & help others
  • An active member of the Community for the past 12 months (you should be a top 25% contributor or higher for roughly 9 of the last 12 months)
  • Someone who is able to take on a minimum commitment of 1 year to the Oracle program
  • Individuals who want to be representatives of the Public Mobile Community, and who maintain and uphold our Community guidelines

Our expectations of Oracles:

Oracles are expected to be an active, involved member of the Community, and will be responsible for:

• Providing Community support such as answering questions and helping other members
  • Maintaining the Community by keeping it organized
  • Providing feedback & participating in beta testing and research sessions with Public Mobile 

What’s in it for you:

• Being the first to know about official Public Mobile news
  • Sneak-peeks at new Public Mobile projects and initiatives
  • Opportunities to provide feedback and weigh in on upcoming Public Mobile projects
  • Events with the Public Mobile team
  • Occasional Public Mobile swag
  • Oracle Community badge 
  • Unique Community privileges 
  • And last, but not least, a $20 Community Reward every 30 days!

Does the above sound like something you'd be interested in? If so, we'd love to hear from you via our application form here; please apply by Thursday December 3rd. We will be reaching out to the successful candidates later in the month to chat about next steps! 

- Public Mobile Community Team

227 REPLIES 227

@darlicious  You're a poet and you don't even know it. 😃

Great Xmas tune lol

@Jb456 

I think I got (Chris) Webbyfied tonight! Or at least the PG version.

mpcdesign
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious, oh my gawd....that was hilarious! What do you do for a career....because you would be great either in Marketing or a writer. Or the next Dear Abby! I love it!

@mpcdesign 

Attended art college (OCA now OCAD.)

30+ years in restaurants both front and back of house.

Currently unemployed due to COVID-19 and being waitlisted for second surgery.

Contemplating a mid-life career change.

@Jb456 wrote:

Anyone get a message back? Everyone is so quiet 🤣 Mum's the word I guess lol. Unless they did not contact anyone yet? If they did, I do have a few ideas on maybe who. As some members have suddenly changed their writing styles 😅

Wish each and everyone one of you a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year!

@Jb456 I have noticed that also and that is really too bad.  

@RosieR wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

Anyone get a message back? Everyone is so quiet 🤣 Mum's the word I guess lol. Unless they did not contact anyone yet? If they did, I do have a few ideas on maybe who. As some members have suddenly changed their writing styles 😅

Wish each and everyone one of you a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year!

@Jb456 I have noticed that also and that is really too bad.  

@RosieR 

What is too bad? That suddenly a crusty poster gets all squeaky clean therefore looking like a fake? For myself, I've been doing some other things like still settling in to a new place for 6 months still. I've been trying to decide if I should return a new tv and keep my old one that still works perfectly fine.

Some of us have lives.

I had something to say last night to a post that might not have been entirely kind. Then I was done for the night. I'm not quite the night owl as others. I've been here and there around here for the last while too.

So that's me. I know...no one asked me. 🙂

mpcdesign
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious, wow, I went the cheap way and went to a community college, VCC, for design. Worked up the ranks after graduation. I promised myself if I couldn't get a job within a month of finishing at VCC, I would go back to school and get the proper credentials and degree. I was quite fortunate and landed a job as a graphic designer, which saw me living in Whistler, BC.

It was cursed and never snowed when I was there. Resigned and two weeks after I left, it snowed! Argh! Worked back in the city as a pre-press technician. Still freelancing at the side but also a part-time instructor now. I love teaching. A second-calling, I guess as one of the companies I was working for, trained other designers, and a colleague mentioned I should consider teaching in 2011. How fast ten years is approaching us!

@mpcdesign 

I attended OCA with a combination of loans and OSAP grants aka the Ontario Stereo Aquisition Program....lol! At 17 it was quite the adventure on my own in the big smoke. I took my third year off to "do" Europe needless to say the only souvenier I brought home was an irish husband and life got in the way of finishing my degree. 

Seeing as I look at the new Emily Carr everyday out of my bedroom window it would be nice to go back and finish it. Tuition is just a tad more then in my day.....1 full year ( 2 semesters of 7 full credits) when i attended covers 1 full credit course out of a nine credit yearly course load currently at Emily Carr. A four year graduate degree is 7 times the cost of what mine would have been.. I think i will keep staring.....

By way the crow flies......By way the crow flies......Or a 2 minute bike ride....Or a 2 minute bike ride....