Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

Not completely following you. Did you get the text message from 4911? If so type YES in the reply box and hit send.

AE_Collector

@PublicGoat 

Wait until you get the text from Public Mobile. It should come by the 15th.

@saholl 

Terms and conditions on link below at very bottom of page states this.

"Credit will be applied within the first week of each month, starting in January."

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/holiday

Happy Holidays & Stay Safe!

I am not certain when it will be applied either, these “one off” things usually take awhile to be applied. A time frame might be mentioned in the announcement but I haven’t bothered to look for it.  I too referred someone who activated a couple of days ago and I haven’t seen the first $5 instalment yet. But it will show up eventually.

AE_Collector

PublicGoat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to say "YES" to the offer,  the website concerns existing customers and new customers.  As an existing customer I am unable to say "Yes" to anything.   Existing customer path does not lead anywhere.     What gives,  is this offer only good for new customers?

saholl

I referred a friend to Public Mobile and they used my referral code. My account shows the reward earned of $1 but the More is Merrier Share More reward has not been applied. "Refer a friend and save $30. For a limited time, we’ll take $5 off your payment every 30 days for up to six months as long as your friend stays with us." Do you know when the monthly $5 reward will be applied to my account?

@JK8 wrote:

@pnquilter 

Have a look at this thread where a poster says it will be available in self service after the 7th.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Public-Mobile-Holiday-Rewards-Deleted-It-By-M...

So I just took a look in my self serve because both of my accounts received the text 8 days ago, I replied YES on both,  one account had the two items added 4 days later but the other account still hasn’t received them. Since then I have replied YES several more times. Also the account that has received the two gifts did not get a text confirmation for the gifts.

I just noticed this mention of the add-ons becoming available for free purchase in self serve.
The  International LD add-on IS there for free but is not selectable. Note the “+” is slightly shaded like all the “-“ in the left column. And the 2 GB data add-on is not showing up there at all. I guess I will have to contact a CSA after December 15.

Also, I assume that while the $30 over 6 months referral credit IS a Christmas gift of sorts, it is not tied to having successfully received the other two gifts. I got a referral completed two days ago on the account that has not yet received the two Christmas gifts and of course the first $5 credit has not shown up yet but assuming it will eventually.

AE_Collector

05C80F1C-BC02-4724-AB80-E4A18729A05F.jpeg

oceancreek
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Texting YES to 4911 worked.

Thx!

@Spudster wrote:

@Anonymous 

How does rebooting the phone enable one to get the promos?

Shaking the phone may help as well. 😀

@oceancreek wrote:

I deleted the text thinking it was a spam message. Is there any way to get it resent or manually claim the reward?

@oceancreek   You can say YES again to 4911. 

Edit: you only need to contact customer support if you don't get the gifts added to your account by the 15th of this month.

oceancreek

I deleted the text thinking it was a spam message. Is there any way to get it resent or manually claim the reward?

@dabr...you've crystalized my thoughts exactly. Thank you.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@BingX wrote:

I replied YES, but I haven't seen them applied since then.

It'll be applied after a few days. If not, the CSA's will make it right after Dec 30th.

@hairbag1   I think you meant after the 15th but before the 30th?  😊  edit: or rather 31st..

@BingX 

Posted update

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@BingX wrote:

@BingX   Send another YES to that text, otherwise if you don't see the gifts by the 15th, then you'll need to submit a ticket via the chatbot bubble bottom right of the screen to have customer support add the gifts manually to your account.

@BingX wrote:

It'll be applied after a few days. If not, the CSA's will make it right after Dec 30th.

BingX

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Spudster wrote:

Oh, all clear now @Anonymous 

🤔

@Spudster 

enjoy your day...

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Oh, all clear now @Anonymous 

🤔

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Spudster wrote:

@Anonymous 

@Spudster 

i'm not saying to get the promos,, i said to refreshing network,

Camille16
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Public Mobile has until Dec. 15th to send the sms offering this gift. Once your wife receives that sms she must reply yes. After Dec.15th if she have not yet received any offer then ond only then should she contact CS_Agent and ipena ticket. Have no worry, all existing customers are eligible and will receive the gift but not all receive the offer at the same time.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous 

@ThePrez 

Public Mobile will be adding these promos to the accounts over the next week or so.

If she doesn't have them by December 15th, she can try to contact the customer support agents who will apply it. 

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select contact Customer Support Agent, then select other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ThePrez 

you will received from Dec 01 to Dec 31.

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

ThePrez

I have received the text message and got the 2GB and 500 minutes, but my wife has not received any yet.

coffee
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Tiprix wrote:

That sounds great 🙂, Thank you PM!

Hopefully, no one thinks it's spam...

I almost deleted it as spam if it not by sheer coincidence  a family member just in time told me about this gift. Wonder how many others lost this nice gift.

cbx4evr

I received the offer text on Sunday and responded immediately. Received the confirmation Thursday.

74AB0C68-A56D-493A-BAEC-925336FAA6D5.jpeg

This "International" package contains a mix of countries (Canada, US, UK, India, China, etc) which normally require separate long-distance add-ons.

If you might need extra calling minutes for Canada and for any of these other destinations then it's smarter to buy the $5 500-minute Canada add-on (or upgrade to an Unlimited plan) anyhow. Since purchasing the other "International" minutes would cost more, especially if they happen to normally be segregated in ways which require multiple add-on purchases.

If you never, never, ever dial any long distance anywhere outside Canada then it doesn't matter. Free minutes is free minutes, use 'em up.

@kkchung01 

As what @Dunkman  suggests.

If you still have the text, reply again YES. 

If you don’t have the text, then initiate a text to 4911and text YES. 

You will be surprised 😲 

Need Help? Let's chat.