Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

Vivre628
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The mins show on self service, but when calling 611 or when trying to call the US directly, there are no mins. 

My previous post:

Hello! Thank you for the gift. The data is very useful, but no international minutes were applied. I replied YES to the text & the data applied right away. What should I do about the mins?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@drs62 wrote:

Texts to and from PM have never shown up in my usage log ...

@drs62   Never looked at my usage details before for texts from PM and you're right, there is no record of texts from PM for the most recent shortcode 4911 or even 611 for payment heads up messages...interesting.

vtynhi

Just YES is fine.

fopublic

1. got the text

2. replied with "yes"

3. phone 1360xxxxxxx

4. call denied by public because i had "used up all my minutes"

SCAMMERS!😏

@Vivre628  Maybe it takes another day or two?  but please will till after Dec 16 and open a ticket with Pm and they will look into it.

Vivre628

Hello! Thank you for the gift. The data is very useful, but no international minutes were applied. I replied YES to the text & the data applied right away. What should I do about the mins?

@CalvinW wrote:

Still no response after replying YES after 4 days.. Should have just stuck to what they were doing last year. 

this year is this year..From this year experience, likely they will change the way for next year or they will fix the current process

To help PM without too many tickets now, it is advised to wait till after Dec 16 before opening the ticket.    It is not a limited time offer , you replied and you will get it.  No need to rush to open a ticket now. 

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Still no response after replying YES after 4 days.. Should have just stuck to what they were doing last year. 

@SteTem wrote:

Put the PM sim back in and received text immediately

Now i wait for my Christmas Gift

Thank You

If you get home before end of the month...just reply YES to that SMS. After end of Dec, you'd be outta luck for this season.

SteTem
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thx

i did think of that

i used the ad on on my drive down and till i got my new sim

I use Tello (T Mobile) while i am here at a cost of $6US a month

Bostic

I see most people in online discussion received the bonus instantly after replying yes.  Guess I would have to wait a bit longer now even after replying.  Thanks everyone.

SteTem

Put the PM sim back in and received text immediately

Now i wait for my Christmas Gift

Thank You

@SteTem wrote:

Thank You

Guess i will have to put my PM sim back in phone ?

Another option is to get the 10 Day US Roaming text add-on for $8. Then you'll be able to send and receive texts for...10 days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bostic 

for existing customer; how redeem holiday gifts,

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

not a customer yet  visit here link

by public mobile manager say

If customers do not receive their SMS offer by mid-month or are unable to redeem because of a specific situation, our agents can help with next steps. However, I would strongly advise customers to wait until mid-December and return if they are still unable to redeem through SMS.

Re: More is Merrier is back! Community (publicmobile.ca)

you did Reply YES for now you have to be patience,

if don't receive the gifts by until mid-December then you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Spoiler

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

SteTem

Thank You

Guess i will have to put my PM sim back in phone ?

@Bostic 

Multiple customers have reported the same issue (myself included).  Public mobile is aware of the issues.  Just be patient, as the adds on should be credited in the near future. If no credit by middle of December, then contact Customer service agent. 

@Bostic wrote:

I received the invitation txt for the holiday giveaway, and rely 'YES' as instructed in the txt, but my bonus still hasn't applied into my account.  Please help.

Keep watching your accounnt for it to be applied by Dec 15th.

Rebel555666

I came here to ask this very question. I'm just glad I'm not the only one having this issue. I hope someone will have a solution for us. 

@SteTem wrote:

What happens to the poor guy that is in the States (ME) till shortly before Christmas

I am not using PM right now so i wont receive text

My account is paid up and will be paid using AutoPay

Will I be receiving a text around Dec 21 when will be using PM again

Thx

Steve

You can still receive text messages while in US without the add-on...you just can't reply.

When you return to Canada before end of Dec, you can still get the More is Merrier applied to your account. When you get home, just reply YES to the text message previously received.

Bostic

I received the invitation txt for the holiday giveaway, and rely 'YES' as instructed in the txt, but my bonus still hasn't applied into my account.  Please help.

@DSM18 wrote:

Really grateful for the Xmas freebies!

I haven't finished using previous Xmas freebies and got the text. I hope that doesn't interfere with getting the Xmas freebies this year.

Thanks to PM for adding value to existing clientele above and beyond the annual loyalty credit! 

Merry Christmas everyone.

Previous freebies aren't impacted by latest More is Merrier gifts of data and long distance minutes. Old minutes / data will just get used first. Any unused freebies will just keep rolling over until used up...even if that takes several months or more. If an account is closed down, then any freebies are gone for good.

SteTem

What happens to the poor guy that is in the States (ME) till shortly before Christmas

I am not using PM right now so i wont receive text

My account is paid up and will be paid using AutoPay

Will I be receiving a text around Dec 21 when will be using PM again

Thx

Steve

DSM18

Perhaps next year, PM could apply the freebies to all existing customers when they announce the gift via text (Dec 1st). Then  work on applying it to new customers by December 31st or promo cut-off.

Definitely an opportunity for improvement. 

As most customers don't check their self serve account daily, this could mitigate the issue of delays and overloading the system from everyone trying to sign in and apply the freebies.

DSM18

Really grateful for the Xmas freebies!

I haven't finished using previous Xmas freebies and got the text. I hope that doesn't interfere with getting the Xmas freebies this year.

Thanks to PM for adding value to existing clientele above and beyond the annual loyalty credit! 

Merry Christmas everyone.

drs62

Texts to and from PM have never shown up in my usage log ...

@Darkurio   no worry, it will show on your plan without couple days. 

yesterday, someone said CSA told him it might take 4 days.  

Citizen_G_34

Screenshot 2021-12-05 at 12.39.07 PM.png

From today.  And, yes it was in my account right away.

Darkurio

Also running into issue where I already received a message from PM 4911 (on Dec 2), replied a few times since then, but never got a reply back and still don't see any bonus added to the account.

I also see no trace of 4911 incoming or outgoing in the usage logs even though I have the text in my phone (on Dec 2) and have replied "YES" a few times since then. All other texts incoming and outgoing seem to show up fine, so this indeed looks like a broken connection on the PM side.

Wish they would just let you opt in from the web (or at least allow both). Why go back to the archaic method of using text messages to control account settings? If anything goes wrong, it's harder to trace the root cause both for the customer and PM side.

Siva2

Free data (2GB), free international long distance minutes(500) and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST. Easy to apply...

bigscottydawg

Good point. I got the text and replied yes on December 1st but havent received the add ons yet, but I don't see the text in my usage. 

Need Help? Let's chat.