Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

@softech 

611 is fully accessible from the US and I imagine that 4911 is a derivative short code.

Edit:

I stand corrected by @Anonymous :

611 is only available with T-Mobile. *611 is not available. The toll free is available with both.

The toll free number for the 611/IVR system is: 1 855 4PUBLIC and then enter the 10 digit phone number associated with your account.

@darlicious wrote:

@SteTem @hairbag1 

No roaming add on necessary to reply YES to the offer text from 4911 while in the US.

@Anonymous 

Recieved the text this morning on the first of my accounts. Other than the m-i-l there are 11 other accounts I either manage or have informed them of the offer....none have recieved offer as of yet.

Soon but not yet in my accounts....only one text recieved so far anyways.Soon but not yet in my accounts....only one text recieved so far anyways.

Hey....how come you get the cute pic and I get plain Jane?

8D03D3EC-2CAD-4DC4-9035-94A7557DEF24.jpeg

@darlicious wrote:

@SteTem @hairbag1 

No roaming add on necessary to reply YES to the offer text from 4911 while in the US.

that is interesting to know.. so.. maybe reply to carrier short code (or all short code??) does not need roaming add-on  afterall?

@SteTem @hairbag1 

@Anonymous 

Recieved the text this morning on the first of my accounts. Other than the m-i-l there are 11 other accounts I either manage or have informed them of the offer....none have recieved offer as of yet.

Soon but not yet in my accounts....only one text recieved so far anyways.Soon but not yet in my accounts....only one text recieved so far anyways.

For me, i have no complain.. 

I got my message yesterday.  I replied

seeing so many saying delay, after I replied, i didn't even look at my phone again. (in fact, someone even mentioned he replied, opened ticket with CSA and CSA  tole him maybe wait till Dec 😎 

Today I checked, in fact, i got the text reply yesterday immediately.. and My Account confirmed both added. 

So 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@pkaraa wrote:

@pkaraa   These texts will be in your phone log...

Some of us suggested to people who were out of Canada or not with their phone in Texts received area that there will be an entry into usage history. But just noticed that it is not mentioned there. 

@pkaraa    Yes you're right if they're out of the country then they'll get no notification text on their phone nor be able to see it in their self serve usage history, so they'll need to ask customer support to apply the gifts to their account before the end of the month by submitting a ticket or private message.

ok.. i am the lucky one. .i got the text yesterday. .then i left my phone and My Account aside and didn't  think of checking it till later

turn out.. i got the reply back instantly about bonus added.. just checked  now and the bonus both appear already as well

Usage history. yes, no sign of 4911 for both incoming and outgoing there.

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@leoharvey 

I was told that once the text was sent pm would hold the text message until you powered up your phone. So in theory you can take the sim card out of the ZTE unit and put it in a mobile phone to recieve the text message if has already been sent....in theory.

@CountyDownIeUk and @Nezgar also have pm sim cards in their ZTE units. They can weigh in on their personal possible solutions to this issue.

@leoharvey1 

I have been tracking my calls for my ZTE account and if I see the text from 4911 I will remove the SIM and put it in a phone and send YES to 4911 vs a reply. If does not work I will wait to mid Dec as Jade has asked us to do and then go through a CSA. 

@darlicious 

@leoharvey 

@Nezgar 

@everyoneelse

Just an update of the ZTE issue. 

So this morning we received a text for our 2 mobile accounts. 

Answered YES

Located in Maple Ridge BC

2 years with PM.

Numbers are from rate center Vancouver 

Freebies not in Account yet...not worried 

The text from 4911 does NOT show in usage detail in either account. 

So my Wireless Home ZTE PM account of course cannot see a text. 

So I guess I am not astute enough to know that a 4911 text does not show in usage. 

OR

It show in usage later on. 

This number is from rate center Haney and has been with PM for a few months. 

I “thought” if the text showed in usage I would put the SIM into a phone and reply YES. 

I will check to see if text shows in usage later. 

Will be nice to have the LD. Data too....if I pull the ZTE out of service and use it in a phone with the Panasonic link2cell option. 

If not....will pursue December 15 ish. 

@Anonymous 

That's what I figured....

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dabr 

Some of us suggested to people who were out of Canada or not with their phone in Texts received area that there will be an entry into usage history. But just noticed that it is not mentioned there. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : That would bleep the bleepin bleep outta the bleepin bleeper. 🙂

really mixed report about the transaction history.. some did post that there was record..

too much chaos this year.. 

pkaraa

@softech wrote:

@pkaraa when did you receive the text?  usage history is delayed.. 6 hours or 12 hours, i think.. 

As mentioned I received the text yesterday and replied yesterday and again replied today before reading about the glitch.

@softech wrote:

@pkaraa when did you receive the text?  usage history is delayed.. 6 hours or 12 hours, i think.. 

@softech    Someone else mentioned in the More is Merrier announcement, that there is no record of shortcode texts from PM in the usage history and I'm able to confirm nothing shows up for any texts from PM (4911 or 611) after checking my usage and those texts were received well over 24 hours ago.  Never paid attention to that before though...

@popping wrote:

@Anonymous 

This is another learning/training opportunity for their IT back office department so that the next "Merrier" offer will be smoother.  My guess is that PM self-server system cannot keep up with the YES requests even with the timed release of small amount of subscribers offer.

I was a system analyst/real time programmer for SCADA system to monitor power transmission power lines/power substation power equipment.  I understand that it takes time to test the system to get it right.

with the huge delay, it looks like this is a manual process. 

I assume PM has at least 10,000 customers .. and not just hundreds.. .. who would design such a process with manual power.. 

again, I stand that SMS is a good idea so no one left behind .. but the process after a YES reply needs to be looked into again carefully 

(but dont complain too much, incase PM said.. too much work.. forget it next year.. LoL)

@Anonymous 

You type with one thumb? You could just use the speech to text option while on your phone and just correct any errors....or would the language be too colourful for that?😁

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous 

This is another learning/training opportunity for their IT back office department so that the next "Merrier" offer will be smoother.  My guess is that PM self-server system cannot keep up with the YES requests even with the timed release of small amount of subscribers offer.

I was a system analyst/real time programmer for SCADA system to monitor power transmission power lines/power substation power equipment.  I understand that it takes time to test the system to get it right.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pkaraa 

some another customer the say with 1 to 3 days the will post in account 

but what i can see the say for existing customer; how redeem holiday gifts,

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

visit here link

by public mobile manager say

If customers do not receive their SMS offer by mid-month or are unable to redeem because of a specific situation, our agents can help with next steps. However, I would strongly advise customers to wait until mid-December and return if they are still unable to redeem through SMS.

Re: More is Merrier is back! Community (publicmobile.ca)

for now you have to be patience if don't receive until mid-December then you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

enjoy it...

@Engel-ja wrote:

I am actually on vacation out of the country and I cannot reply "yes" the text.

Is there anyway we can activate the gift online?

@Engel-ja    Yes, after the 15th of this month, then you can submit a ticket via chatbot bubble bottom right of the screen or send a private message to CS_Agent and they will be able to manually add the gifts to your account.  You'll need to submit the request before the end of the this month though.

pkaraa

But there is no entry in the 'Usage history'.

As lot of us were advising people that check your received TEXT in the history to find out if the text is being sent to you or not. 

I received the text on one of my line yesterday and replied with YES but there is no record of these both texts in the usage.

Edit: giveaway not applied to account yet, I saw @Dunkman reply in other thread that this is know issue and PM is working on it.

@Engel-ja wrote:

If you return to Canada before end of Dec, you can reply YES at that time.

If you're in US, you can get a 10 Day US Roaming text option but it'll cost you $8.

If outta Canada or USA...nothing you can do until you return before end of year.

No on-line option this year.

Engel-ja
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping : Yup. Marketing. It's the problem with saying "instant" in the text and website. They raise that expectation. Then don't fulfill. Marketing.

Still....very much appreciative and grateful to them for offering these lovely gifts.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@PatD wrote:

Love it! Can you tell me when this will show up on my account?

@PatD    For some it seems to be added instantly or very quickly, for others it seems to be taking hours or days.  I'm still waiting for mine to be added and it's been 3 days since I received the text.

Just be patient and if the free gifts don't get added to your account by the 15th of this month, then it will be time to contact customer support for them to by applied manually.

@fopublic wrote:

1. got the text

2. replied with "yes"

3. phone 1360xxxxxxx

4. call denied by public because i had "used up all my minutes"

SCAMMERS!😏

No scam here, friend. If you're having trouble responding to the SMS re: More is Merrier...just send a message to CSA after Dec 15th. They will make things right for you.

Here's a suggestion...don't holler "Scam" without doing some research. The 2021 More is Merrier campaign is off to a rocky start...but eventually you'll get your FREE data and long distance minutes. For FREE !!!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Finally, I received the free add-on offer this morning. Replied with YES. 

Went to my 3rd VAX appointment and check my add-ons.  

No following confirmation text message from PM,  No add-ons in my account.  I will wait after Dec 15 and create a support ticket to get my add-ons together with my other PM accounts.

I checked my usage history.  It does not show the 4911 (this morning) or 611 (Yesterday afternoon) text messages.

Update 1:

For some reason, my usage history only one entry about the call forward to my voicemail # (...4001) with today timestamp.

My usage history is showing the voicemail call forward at 05/12/2021 1:03

My phone is showing at 05/12/2021 1:03 MT.

My history timestamp is 12 hours behind.

@Vivre628 wrote:

The mins show on self service, but when calling 611 or when trying to call the US directly, there are no mins. 

My previous post:

Hello! Thank you for the gift. The data is very useful, but no international minutes were applied. I replied YES to the text & the data applied right away. What should I do about the mins?

@Vivre628   Try rebooting or toggling airplane mode on/off if you have the holiday mins already in your account.  611 can be dialed without the need for mins in your account, unless I'm missing something here.

@fopublic wrote:

1. got the text

2. replied with "yes"

3. phone 1360xxxxxxx

4. call denied by public because i had "used up all my minutes"

SCAMMERS!😏

@fopublic   Not sure what you mean as responding to a text does not use minutes, so it doesn't matter if you have minutes or not.

No it's not a scam if you got the text from shortcode 4911.

PatD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Love it! Can you tell me when this will show up on my account?

Need Help? Let's chat.