Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

@SidB wrote:

I did not see the Netherlands in the "included country" list. Will this country be part of the long distance minutes?

@SidB   No , Netherlands is not included in this package

Only these countries are included in PM's     smaller      world (not sure why..)

International Long Distance calling add-on covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela.

The actual PAID Long Distance Add-on does include Netherlands

Intl long distance Add-On included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela. Calls must originate from Canada.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jack999 wrote:

@AnonymousThanks! I will contact Customer Support Agent according to your advice after December 16 if needed. Thank again, great info!

@Jack999 

your welcome,

No on 14th, if you didn't getting, but i hope you will getting. Good Luck..

@HALIMACS 

OMG!! Are you saying when you were hitting the top 1% that reward was going to waste? Or were you directing it to a family member?

Well that is the million dollar question isn't It? Do you hope for a free month and 5gb bonus add on like previous Christmas/Boxing Week promos? Will they be stackable with an in store activation like CCS's activation bundles? Do you preorder an activation bundle so your ducks are all in a row if that happens? Will the offer be the same one? What if you don't need a $35+ plan? Do you feel lucky?

@J_PM 

What no holiday contest this year? I knew something was missing......?!!🤔

Jack999
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@falalamutataYou have the same issue.

SidB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did not see the Netherlands in the "included country" list. Will this country be part of the long distance minutes?

@DavidP51 wrote:

Shouldn't my account usage history log both the initial 4911 text message as well as my YES reply??  Just checked my account usage history -- doesn't list either the initial text message offer from 4911 at 11:54 AM yesterday (Dec. 1) ,or my YES reply at 12:23...

Nothing further to date...

Hi @DavidP51 , 

Did you usage history show anything after 12:23?  

From what I know, the Transaction log does not update right  a way.  They update the log twice a day or 3 time only.  So, it might take couple hours to show up in the Usage log

DavidP51

Shouldn't my account usage history log both the initial 4911 text message as well as my YES reply??  Just checked my account usage history -- doesn't list either the initial text message offer from 4911 at 11:54 AM yesterday (Dec. 1) ,or my YES reply at 12:23...

Nothing further to date...

@Jack999 wrote:

@dabrThe "Yes" reply did not get delivered.

@Jack999    Have you tried to send another YES to the 4911 shortcode?  

There won't be a problem with getting the holiday gifts but it does seem there is definite time lag between getting the SMS and having the gifts added to the account.   I also haven't received mine yet 4 hours later.

If you need to use the data/mins urgently then there's always the option to a submit ticket via the chatbot bubble bottom right of the page to customer support, otherwise just wait for another day or so.

Jack999

@AnonymousThanks! I will contact Customer Support Agent according to your advice after December 16 if needed. Thank again, great info!

Jack999

@darliciousThanks, I will try that after December 16.

Jack999

@computergeek541Yes, my text messages sent to elsewhere were delivered most of time, for which I usually received a visible text "received" displayed at left side of my sent line. But this time, after replying back to the sender 4911, there is no feedback "received" displayed, so pretty sure the "YES" message was not delivered.

Jack999

@dabrThe "Yes" reply did not get delivered.

imisstraveling

I am facing the same issue. Got the offer SMS yesterday and replied immediately but no confirmation whatsoever. My SMS itself was not delivered at the first place. 

@falalamutata 

If you have read any of this thread there are plenty of previous replies stating...

They are delayed in getting added to your account. You will recieve a text from pm when they have been added.

Patience is a virtue.

imisstraveling

For me, it has been 24 hours. Did you reply deliver? 

imisstraveling

Thanks for your reply. I did get the invite text and I replied immediately but it never got delivered and neither did I receive any acknowledgement from Public Mobile. I also checked my account but the add on has not been added. So thought of asking here! 

I just rebooted and sent a message again but my reply has not been delivered 😞

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Thank you @J_PM for this announcement !!!

I've been posting all sorts of replies to other users for several weeks saying that Public Mobile would most certainly be offering this in December (which, of course, was nothing more than wishful thinking on my part...)

Thanks for 'proving' me correct!!!

NOW - the larger question for me is following something @darlicious mentioned earlier on this thread - should I wait until Christmas/Boxing day to FINALLY join PM myself or will the current offerings be everything that's on the table for the remainder of 2021?

Whaddya think @darlicious ??? 

falalamutata
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am able to reply, but I don't receive a confirmation text AND I don't see the credits in my account.  

@hTideGnow wrote:

@imisstraveling   you got the invite text?

try reboot your phone and then reply again.  There is probably a longer delay now, so, after you reply successfully, it might still be a little bit of time before it will show up in your My Account

I got the text notification at 10am today and replied YES right away. They're still not applied to my account at 3pm. I'm sure it will eventually get there.

@imisstraveling   you got the invite text?

try reboot your phone and then reply again.  There is probably a longer delay now, so, after you reply successfully, it might still be a little bit of time before it will show up in your My Account

imisstraveling

I replied YES but the SMS never got delivered and the add on benefits has not been added. Am I doing it wrong? 

@ottawa 

It has been confirmed you can recieve and send texts to/from 4911 without having purchased a previous or current US roaming add on with a text option.

@ottawa 

US roaming add ons can be added to your account by calling 611 from the US as long as you know your 4 digit account pin# and you have a credit card on file or available funds in your account and/or have a pm voucher that you can add to top up the account. ( Your pm voucher can be added without your pin# but it is needed to access the funds you topped up.

You can also call 1 855 4PUBLIC from another phone and type in your 10 digit phone number to access the 611/IVR system.

Screenshot_20210725-124020~2.png

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

And to answer my own question, this is the text of the SMS that PM sent them when they crossed the border:

"Public Mobile here. Welcome to USA! You can get a U.S. roaming add-on for as low as $10 for 10 days. Go to publicmobile.ca/selfserve for add-on options. If you no longer wish to hear about Public Mobile offers, visit bit.ly/#######"

I think they bought the add-on at McD or Target or somewhere's free WiFi, the link didn't actually work. WiFi is easy enough to get, but there are only 7 US add-on options I can see, and it's too bad they can't say "reply 1 for UL Talk, reply 2 for UL Text, 3 for UL Talk&Text, ..." and charge your on-file CC (no CC, no choice). I think that's how Fido Prepaid did it, though that was "reply 1 for $10, reply 2 for $20, ..." or something (long ago, pre-smartphones).

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I have received the emails that I have to reply "yes" but no TEXTs so far.

Mark_C

@Lindaq888 wrote:

My husband chose 25$ plan today. I told him he also would get a holiday promotion from Dec. so his Data will be 2G   Is that right?  This 2G is only for Dec? or it is good forever?

As an old guest, will I have these rewards?

For the "More is Merrier" Promo 2GB of data add on will be automatically added to his new account in about a week. For you as an existing customer you will get a text between Dec 1 - 15 in which you have to reply to have it automatically added to your account. 

The "More is Merrier" promo is for a one time $0 2GB add on, which will fall off the account when fully used. The add on carries over, so if it isn't used fully in the month of December the remaining amount will carry over to the next month. This will continue for as long as it takes for the add on to be fully used.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lindaq888 

one time you will getting all this right away with you Activated

• 2GB of free data
  • 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit
  • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with public mobile

More is Merrier is back! (publicmobile.ca)

Edit:

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges,

for 2GB bonus plus 500 free international minutes has no expiry date until you used all.

@Lindaq888 

You husband will get the holiday bonus automatically.

His monthly data will still  be 1GB per month with Autopay enabled

He will see an extra line showing 2BG Holiday bonus on My Account.  This 2GB has no expiry date. 

PM will start taking the data from the monthly bucket first.  If they are all used, then it will start using the 2GB.  Any unused portion from this 2GB will be rolled over to the following month until all used up

@Lindaq888 wrote:

My husband chose 25$ plan today. I told him he also would get a holiday promotion from Dec. so his Data will be 2G   Is that right?  This 2G is only for Dec? or it is good forever?

As an old guest, will I have these rewards?

@Lindaq888 Your husband will automatically have the bonus applied to his account. They will send a text when it is done. You will receive a text sometime before 15 Dec. Reply yes to it and the gifts will be awarded to you. 

The data award is a one time 2GB award.

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious wrote:

@ottawa 

And you have now confirmed that it is possible in the US to do the same without a roaming add on. 4911 must work like 611 for texting.

With the caveat that they did have a full 3-service roaming add-on earlier, expired at the time of the 4911 text. There's certainly logic that TMo/AT&T would hold onto the number until the SIM returned to Telus airspace 😉 since they might buy another add-on.

Will be interesting to see if any PM SIMs presently in the US, but not having added a US add-on, work that way too. Though I feel like PM manages to send an SMS inviting me to buy an add-on, as soon as one hits US coverage (e.g. Ogdensburg, or I-87, etc.). I don't recall how you do that, perhaps by using McD WiFi? Or can you order one up with an SMS reply? (I recall Fido Prepaid having a thing where you could top up your balance without having data, or even a smartphone).

Need Help? Let's chat.