Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

Lindaq888
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My husband chose 25$ plan today. I told him he also would get a holiday promotion from Dec. so his Data will be 2G   Is that right?  This 2G is only for Dec? or it is good forever?

As an old guest, will I have these rewards?

cbenny13

Yes I always miss the rewards if they are only available on Community!

@UFO 

The time period is variable but you will get a text confirming when they are added to your account.

@ottawa 

Thanks for the update.

According to @Anonymous  they also confirmed they were able to recieve and send a text from 4911 on a non-texting account. And you have now confirmed that it is possible in the US to do the same without a roaming add on. 4911 must work like 611 for texting.

Yes US roaming add ons do expire exactly 240 hour after purchase and you must wait at least 24 hours after expiry to add the same one again. Even if they appear in your account before then it is suggested you do not purchase before waiting out the 24 hours as this appears to be causing a glitch of the newly purchased same add on to not work at all.

Pm did fix that issue of texting not working for 24 hours after US roaming expiry and returning to Canada about 20 months ago. But that is the first explanation I have heard of why that would happen. Thx.

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Apparently for them (immediately above yours) it was the blink of an eye.

UFO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So i got the SMS today, and i replied YES right away.  Then nothing after that.  No confirmation text and add-ons haven't been added to my account yet.

For those who got the confirmation text after saying "YES", may i know how long did it take for the confirmation to arrive?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jack999 

for existing customer; how redeem holiday gifts,

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

not a customer yet  visit here link

by public mobile manager say

If customers do not receive their SMS offer by mid-month or are unable to redeem because of a specific situation, our agents can help with next steps. However, I would strongly advise customers to wait until mid-December and return if they are still unable to redeem through SMS.

Re: More is Merrier is back! Community (publicmobile.ca)

for now you have to be patience and check it out your SMS and if see 491-1 

Reply YES

if don't receive until mid-December then you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Spoiler

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

@will13am wrote:

I got my reward in one of the account so far.  Many more to come.  You can't claim the reward until it is offered.  

@will13am 

?

How does answer the OP's question?

@Mark_C 

Does the text message say it was sent? If so it's just a waiting game for the gifts to arrive in your account. You will be sent a text when they are added. If they don't arrive by the 15th make sure you take a screenshot of the offer and you can contact customer support on December 16th to have a CSA add it to your account.

ottawa

Here's an update, the friend who's in US with active PM account just got the text, replied, and got the confirmation text (like the screenshot just above). They did earlier have a US 250MB+talk+text add-on which should have ended Nov 30 (or some time Dec 1, if it's actually 240 hours measured to the hour).

Text came today (Dec 2) about 3:15pm EST. No idea why they were able to receive and reply to it without a roaming add-on, perhaps having bought one 12 days ago they can now communicate to/from PM but no one else? (That's our best theory, they said they tried a regular text for fun first thing this morning and it didn't go anywhere).

Here's their Add-On status. I believe this promo is the last 2 Add-Ons (2nd- and 3rd-last in the list):

2021-12-02 PM add-ons.jpg

But note that there's no record in Overview > View My Usage > Usage History of this text coming in. Perhaps because they technically don't have service in the US at the moment. [Added: Here's their current Usage History (most recent), note that the morning of Dec 1 they still had US service. No sign of 2 incoming and 1 outgoing texts. Wasn't there a problem a few years ago when US roaming was new, where sometimes TMo or AT&T didn't properly release the number back to PM? Maybe they're still tied to TMo/AT&T (certainly that's the signal they see) but only texts to/from PM get delivered?]

2021-12-02 PM usage history.jpg

As for account age, this line goes back to the pre-Telus CDMA days with a ZTE handset, possibly late 2010 or 2011. Unless virtually everyone else in the PM universe has received the offer, I think it's a safe bet they're not going in reverse chronological order. 🙂

I got my reward in one of the account so far.  Many more to come.  You can't claim the reward until it is offered.  

@villeneuveblake wrote:

I replied yes but the data or minutes have not been applied to my account 

@villeneuveblake     There seems to be a delay in adding the holiday gifts to the account after receiving the text...so nothing to worry about, yet.  😊

ottawa

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Anonymous...there are those who would complain about being hung with a new rope !!

There are even pedants who would complain they should be hanged with a new rope. 😉

ottawa

@Anonymous wrote:

@ottawa : All of these methods still require the customer to "do something". Which I don't have a problem with and am astonished that some people do. Even regulars.

It's hard to keep up with the flood of messages here, but I haven't seen anyone complaining that it isn't added automatically (wished it was: maybe; complained: no). For me the distinction is the average customer can reply to a text (and is probably familiar with the concept) where they may never have logged in to their account online (thus my need to walk them through the process in past years). I think this year's solution is great: an intuitive process, with CSR assistance for those who literally aren't able to comply (e.g. out of continent, left the SIM in their other suit, etc.)

ryanan

I have the same plan. 

Your 250M will be used first every month.

victorialu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you , My dad got his SMS, I haven't. I will just wait, hope it will sent to me today.  

villeneuveblake

I replied yes but the data or minutes have not been applied to my account 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

Are you saying that you were able to text 4911 back even without a text plan?

@darlicious 

yes i'm were able to text  491-1 back even without a text plan.

@Anonymous 

Are you saying that you were able to text 4911 back even without a text plan?

Mark_C

If there is an error message that your text did not go through then you could try rebooting your phone and send the text again. 

If the message did send and you do not see an error message, you most likely just have to wait a while for the reward to be added to your account. 

Received on 1 of 5 accounts so far. Thanks PM & Happy Holidays!

Screenshot_20211202-152647_Messages.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@J_PM 

question

What happens to those who are have a old plan includes: Unlimited Provincial Talk ​don't have access to their SMS but are still paying and active. Is there any other way they can claim the gifts,

@J_PM @darlicious 

confirm information about this question,

now i do receive the SMS from 491-1 for that line not has SMS and i did reply YES

and now i get all holiday gifts in my account so lovely

thank you so much public mobile and all Team working so hart
and i appreciate jade_s and your Team thank you very much for everything...

Wish everyone a happy holiday....enjoy it..

@softech wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@dabr 

Silly me! What was I thinking?!!🤔

haha @darlicious .. people think we are stupid to try to crack the code 

@dabr , no, it was not you.. (although , i dont know what you thinking.. haha  🙂 )

@softech   Lol...  😂

@Jack999 wrote:

Hello Everyone,

On December 1 2021, I received a text message about 2021 December Holiday Rewards for free data and free international call minutes from the sender 4911. The message says requiring me to: "Reply YES to instantly apply these add-ons to your account."   I tried replying back with the word "YES" yesterday (December 1), but unfortunately it appears like NOT received by the sender 4911.And I re-tried replying YES today (December 2), my reply still is not received by 4911. As followup, I verified my account has not received the add-on rewards.

Are text messages that you send elsewhere getting delivered?

@Jack999 wrote:

Hello Everyone,

On December 1 2021, I received a text message about 2021 December Holiday Rewards for free data and free international call minutes from the sender 4911. The message says requiring me to: "Reply YES to instantly apply these add-ons to your account."   I tried replying back with the word "YES" yesterday (December 1), but unfortunately it appears like NOT received by the sender 4911.And I re-tried replying YES today (December 2), my reply still is not received by 4911. As followup, I verified my account has not received the add-on rewards.

Does anyone have the similar issue? What else shall I do?

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Jack

@Jack999    Just wait another day or two unless you need the mins/data urgently to use as there seems to be a delay in having the gifts added to the account after responding to SMS.  It's not immediately added as noted in the announcement.

@darlicious wrote:

@dabr 

Silly me! What was I thinking?!!🤔

haha @darlicious .. people think we are stupid to try to crack the code 

@dabr , no, it was not you.. (although , i dont know what you thinking.. haha  🙂 )

Jack999

Hello Everyone,

On December 1 2021, I received a text message about 2021 December Holiday Rewards for free data and free international call minutes from the sender 4911. The message says requiring me to: "Reply YES to instantly apply these add-ons to your account." I tried replying back with the word "YES" yesterday (December 1), but unfortunately it appears like NOT received by the sender 4911.And I re-tried replying YES today (December 2), my reply still is not received by 4911. As followup, I verified my account has not received the add-on rewards.

Does anyone have the similar issue? What else shall I do?

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Jack

December 02, 2021

======================

FYI:Final Update on my Subject - Text Works Now and Received my Holiday Rewards Today.

Today is sunny December 8 2021 Wednesday. This early morning, I was able to successfully deliver my text reply "YES" to 4911 sender on my mobile. And a few hours later around 1PM, I received a text message response notifying me that the rewards were added to my account, and I verified it. So please consider the subject closed. Thanks!

If you have not received the rewards, please refer to my summary solution in the thread discussion. For your convenience, I directly paste the solution below:

Solution Summary:

It would better wait a couple of days and retry repeatedly till December 14. After December 14, if the replying "YES" is still not getting delivered to the 4911 sender, proceed to contact CS Agent for help.

And now, the case is closed. Thank you very much for your participation! Happy Holidays and Great New Year Ahead !

@julibeth98 wrote:

l never got a text yesterday to receive the rewards

@julibeth98    They are being sent out between Dec. 1st and 15th, so you just need to be patient for now.

julibeth98

l never got a text yesterday to receive the rewards

@BlueB wrote:

@computergeek541 

How do you know about replying before the text arrives?  Actually, I don't want to know... 😉 lol  Thanks for sharing!

I tried it.

Need Help? Let's chat.