cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My current plan is 15 per month. Do I need to pay when I receive incoming international call from HK

John-Diu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My current plan is 15 per month.  Each month I have 100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk.  Do I need to pay

when I receive an incoming international call from a bank in Hong Kong ?

When I ask Robot customer support the following question:

"My current plan is 15 per month. Do I need to pay when I receive incoming call from Hong Kong ?

it gives me the following answer:

No, you do not need to pay for incoming calls from Hong Kong on your $15 per month plan. Incoming calls from any international location, including Hong Kong, are not charged separately.
As long as you have talk minutes remaining on your subscription, you can receive calls from anywhere in the world without any additional charges.

However When I add one word international to the question, and the question become:

"My current plan is 15 per month. Do I need to pay when I receive incoming international call from HK"

The robot customer support cannot answer me and it tell me to ask human customer support,

Public Mobile do not have human customer support !

So I post my question here.

Thank you !

6 REPLIES 6

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@John-Diu Public Mobile do not have human customer support

Yes they do but not phone support.  For future reference the options are to open a ticket with agents via the chat icon bottom right of this page or, if that doesn't work for you, send customer service a private message using this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

But as already stated, for this particular question the 100 incoming minute $15 plan does not charge for incoming calls from anywhere.

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Public Mobile is a prepaid carrier and you won't be charged any usage fees or overages. If you haven't paid for something, it simply won't work.

Incoming calls are treated the same whether they're from in Canada or from somewhere else.

@Rastin wrote:

For incoming no. outgoing yes unless you use an app like text now or WhatsApp for free

There are still some Public Mobile customers who do not have unlimited incoming calls.  For those customers, incoming calls will use up minutes.

@John-Diu wrote:

My current plan is 15 per month. Do I need to pay when I receive incoming international call from Hong Kong ?

It make no difference where someone else calls you from.  If you're asking can you make and receive calls while you're in Hong Kong, Public Mobile does not have any servcie there.

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

For incoming no. outgoing yes unless you use an app like text now or WhatsApp for free

Need Help? Let's chat.