cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rip off reward points now? Will leave IF SO!

sam227
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have two phone plans with PM and have received $2 off for AUTOPAY and $5 every month as LOYALTY credits being with this phone plan for FIVE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!! The plan is for $25 a month and with $5 loyalty and $2 autopay I was down to $18 a month ...

The other phone plan is the $15 plan and I have been only two years on that business line and was getting $2 AUTOPAY and $2 LOYALTY EVERY SINGLE MONTH!! for a payment of $11 a MONTH and I never need data...

Are you going to tell me that PM in a super greedy deceptive switch up NOW gives me ONLY 0.75 POINTS A MONTH!!! and made me feel like the initial $5 BONUS startup points would be something every month!

I WANT TO KNOW WHY I AM PAYING $40 A MONTH NOW!!! instead of $29 on the OLD REWARDS PLAN!!

IF THIS IS TRUE with ONLY 75 cents a month BILL CREDITS I am OUTTA HERE!! as a protest to CORPORATE TELUS GREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DONT want to hear how I get data credits I ONLY CARE ABOUT BILL CREDITS PER MONTH I HAVE LOST BEING A LOYAL PM CUSTOMER OVER FIVE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 REPLIES 12

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sam227 wrote:

I am wondering IF I should privately register the above with a private agent to have this logged in my account IN CASE the renewal change will lose it all??? or is having it here ok? for records?

@sam227 You will not lose the data bonuses numbered 2, 3 & 4 in the list when you change plans or any of the LD calling bonuses. You will lose the 30GB Loyalty Bonus though. Leftover plan data doesn’t roll over anyway so there is nothing to lose there. No need to go through an agent to change plans – the result will be the same if you do it yourself.

slusagm

@sam227 you will probably lose your 40GB.  But the 40GB has a 150 days expiration.  It was given in mid March and now end of Jun, 100 days gone already, so just 50 days left.  Probably better to take the $19 plan change first, use Change on Renewal option, they will give you another 20 days or so to use the 40GB

sam227

I posted the info below with no response.  I see someone below said I am losing the data....see below.

I am currently chatting in public regarding this.

Did the PIN work?

This below was posted in public forums:

Hi I have FOUR data add ons:

1.  Loyalty Bonus 30GB, 30 GB Data left, 41/150 Days Left

2.  2GB one-time data bonus, 2 GB Data left

3.  2GB one-time data bonus, 2 GB Data left

4. 1GB Promo, 1 GB Data left

I also have TWO of these:

500 one-time Int'l LD bonus, 491 Minutes left
    500 one-time Int'l LD bonus, 500 Minutes left
PLUS current data left which I know will be gone end of month:  958.91 MB Left
I am wondering IF I should privately register the above with a private agent to have this logged in my account IN CASE the renewal change will lose it all??? or is having it here ok? for records?

colleeno

@sam227 wrote:

Currently I have a LOT of data unused included in my plan, like 40GB of free data credits.

WILL I LOSE THIS IF I CHANGE TO THE $19 PLAN NEXT RENEWAL??

How many days do you have left on your recent expiring “gift” data? For example, I only have 35 days left to use mine. You will retain any of the previous Holiday data or calling gifts if you still have them.

@sam227 wrote:

Currently I have a LOT of data unused included in my plan, like 40GB of free data credits.

Yes, you can expect to lose the 40GB bonus data the plan is downgraded.

sam227

colleeno

@sam227 wrote:

Thank you for advising of the $19 plan...I hope I can change it successfully and not lose my status!

There is no status to lose if you change plans because, from now on, everyone will receive 10 points on their yearly anniversary date – no matter how many years they have been with PM. If you change to the $19 plan, remember to select “Change on Renewal” as was mentioned previously. PM plans are not pro-rated so you will not receive a refund for your current 30-day plan if you choose to change immediately.

sam227

Thank you for advising of the $19 plan...I hope I can change it successfully and not lose my status!

@sam227 

Nobody liked the mandatory switch to the point system in May since legacy rewards customers lost the monthly autopay and loyalty discounts.  

Except for the $15 plan customers. Public mobile did offer newer discounted plans for existing customers.  For your $25 plan, as mentioned, you can switch to the unadvertised $19 1GB LTE plan (faster data speed) which is almost equivalent to your previous plan price minus monthly rewards.  

For the $15 plan though, no new discounted plans for these customers. However, some $15 plan users have gotten text promo offers for $19 plan or $22 plans with more data that seem attractive to some of these customers. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Upcoming-Changes-to-our-Old-Rewards-Pro...

Sadly Public Mobile chose to terminate the legacy rewards program and migrate everyone to the new points system. Granted the ethical thing to do would have been to just swap point systems and let everyone keep the points they earned but.... nope. The new point system is peanuts compared to what the other reward system was.

It does suck that this has happened however, there is a plan that might be available to you to replace the $25 1GB 3G plan that you have. There is a $19 plan that is 1GB of data at 4G speeds. If you log into the phone app, bottom left corner you'll see Subscription. Then just above it, manage subscription. Next page, click Change Subscription and you'll see this.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1719769653844.png

Yes, it's $1 more you were paying and now that the credits are gone, this is pretty close but at 4G speeds instead of 3G.

With regards to the $15, well, nothing will compare to that with the discounts. The only real option there is the new $15 that has unlimited talk and text but it has zero data. Granted it's for new customers only but it wouldn't hurt if your wife reached out to a CS Agent using that orange bubble bottom right corner and ask to switch to this to make up for the lost rewards she earned. Can't say it will work but never hurts to ask.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @sam227 

you were wondering where the autopay/loyalty discount/friend rewards gone?   PM has ended that old system and moved everyone to the new Public Points!!

So, now you have to pay full price first and PM will give you back points after.  Instead of loyalty rewards monthly, you get 10 points per year on your anniversary date with Public Mobile.  Instead of $2 autopay discount, you get 5% of your plan in points.  

And the points are useful to reduce the bill. After you got 15+ points, you will go to rewards site to redeem 15 points for $15 bill credit

But Wait!!. you said you have a $25 plan? PM now has a $19 plan for the $25 plan owner, change to that and you will be paying the same as before.  Make sure you use Change on Renewal to schedule a plan change

slusagm

@sam227 

no rip off, just PM ended the old rewards system, we are all on Public Points earning points now.  We paid full amount first, then earn 5% in points

But with your $25 plan, there is a way to claw back the $6.  PM has a $19 plan 1GB for existing customers.  Login to My Account and change to that so you get the $6 back

but sorry, no compensation plan for your $15 one

Need Help? Let's chat.