cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ringtone audible when making a call to a landline from an iPhone 11.

sclark80
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ringtones are audible when calling another mobile phone.  With landlines, there is only silence until someone answers or it goes to voicemail.

7 REPLIES 7

sclark80

That's what I have done.  I'll wait for that reset and see if it solves the problem.  If not, I can live with it.  Thanks for your quick replies.

Stu Clark

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think you can ask PM to reset your account on the system and maybe it helps

open ticket with PM using the Orange Chatbot icon on the lower right. Type the question Submit ticket and select Contact Us to get to ticket open screen 

sclark80

Thanks for the walk through.  I reset my network as you directed but the problem persisted.  My wife's iPhone doesn't have the problem.  I can't see any phone setting that mutes ringing for landlines only.  Cellphone still have the normal ringtone when called.

The only other option I can think is for you to reset your network settings. Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will erase all current saved settings, including Wi-Fi passwords, preferred networks, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before. Then reboot. Try to call a land line again.

The only other option if that doesn't work is to create a ticket and ask Public Mobile to reset your network from there end.

To Submit a ticket, please click the following link to access the Public Mobile Chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type: Customer Service Agent 

Chalupa_Batman_0-1719774229612.png

sclark80

Thanks for the quick response!  I am using iOS 17.5.1. The problem has persisted through a few updates now.

I get that with my iPhone SE 2020 as well sometimes. Check to make sure you have the latest software/firmware update from Apple.

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sclark80 

did you try using another mobile to call that landline?  just want to tell if you got the same

maybe try another Telus or Koodo mobile phone.  But sometimes, i could be a landline problem, mobile phone take more hops to get to another mobile carrier , that could be why

Need Help? Let's chat.