Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

@dabr 

Silly me! What was I thinking?!!🤔

@darlicious wrote:

@dabr @softech 

Well that blows my theory out of the water! Nothing here yet.....

@darlicious    Well I think most of us know that there is little rhyme or reason on how things happen at PM.

@dabr @softech 

Well that blows my theory out of the water! Nothing here yet.....

@golfball wrote:

Glad to see this back for another year. And with another twist too with the whole text message thing.

Can someone confirm if the 2021 add-ons can stack with the 2020 ones?

Yes, checked my buddy's one, he got it.. he has 2019, 2020 and 2021 all there.

(I am still waiting.  😞

@golfball wrote:

Glad to see this back for another year. And with another twist too with the whole text message thing.

Yes they do. They all stay on your account until you use 'em up...even if that takes sveral months or more. Old ones get used first.

@golfball wrote:

@golfball    Yes all domestic add-ons (gifted or purchased barring sign up bonus data) are stackable and non-expiring until used up.

@dabr wrote:

@softech wrote:

@dabr  so, it's not by activation date.. maybe phone number?  maybe name on the account?

maybe renewal date ? maybe really random?

@softech    Yes/No...who knows?  😆

Edit:  It is PM after all...

@dabr always fun to try to crack the secret code here.. LoL

golfball
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@walker1 wrote:

Maybe gender or age.   lol

This could not be.. neither are  on  your My Account info.  check it yourself

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/my-profile/edit-profile/

@Wonderland3463 wrote:

what if I refer more than one person .. so it will be $30 each referred person? 

@Wonderland3463    Only one $30 RAF bonus per customer.

@Wonderland3463 wrote:

@Wonderland3463   Sorry, NO.. this is the fine print

(2) $30 Refer-a-friend bonus added to eligible customer accounts in $5 monthly increments for 6 months. Monthly credit will be applied as long as each payment is made before or on renewal date. Customers must use their unique referral code. Limited to one credit per customer. 

@softech wrote:

@dabr  so, it's not by activation date.. maybe phone number?  maybe name on the account?

@softech    Yes/No...who knows?  😆

Edit:  It is PM after all...

No one knows for sure who'll get it first. But it'll happen by the 15 th. You'll have to wait and see.   lol

Wonderland3463
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Yay, just got my text a few minutes ago...nothing in the account though, yet...😁

For the discussion on who is getting the SMS first, I can say my account was activated months/year before two other accounts that have not yet received the SMS..

Mark_C
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I love that Public Mobile provides holiday rewards, as it really incentives joining and staying with Public Mobile. 

@J_PM 

Thank you for giving an option for customers to have the holiday gifts added to their account who have a texting predicament. Even automatically adding them on the pm end is not a perfect system. This at least gives customers an alternative but I expect some extra staff will need to be scheduled starting on the 16th to keep customer support running smoothly. Pm can't afford to have a backlog when they announce their fantastic Christmas/Boxing  Week promotion!😃😃😃

@AndrewVegas wrote:

If I am currently out of the country and therefore can't receive text messages, how can I add these promo on.  Unfortunately I won't be back by the end of Dec.

Thanks!

@AndrewVegas 

This is what PM manager Jade_S has advised in situations like yours;

@J_PMwrote:

"Re: More is Merrier is back!

If customers do not receive their SMS offer by mid-month or are unable to redeem because of a specific situation, our agents can help with next steps. However, I would strongly advise customers to wait until mid-December and return if they are still unable to redeem through SMS."

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@J_PM 

Yay... Thank You!  🙂  As "FREE" gifts, the tainted world we live in makes my brain think... so what's the catch?  lol  Thank for providing us with the update and great news for the season!

@hairbag1 

We don't have to reboot??  Are you sure?  lol  👍

@Luddite 

SPAM fries?!?  Looks plenty yummy to me, agreed!  😄

@computergeek541 

How do you know about replying before the text arrives?  Actually, I don't want to know... 😉 lol  Thanks for sharing!

@darlicious 

With all your knowledge and replies, I almost wonder sometimes if Darlicious is SIMon bot version 2.0 - bigger, better, smarter (and more ruthless!).  🙂  Cheers to you!

lejbonk99

...just reply YES, so easy ;- )

lejbonk99

Yay! that's why I love Public Mobile. Is it Automatic, or do I have to do something to claim the US minutes and Data?

ecowen

Merry Christmas and Happy Winter Festivals to the Public Staff and many thanks for the gifts!!

dougc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank You , Public Mobile !

Just received the text but lite up Community to confirm,  before tapping on  'Yes'  to accept the  gift  !

Take care

All the best  to ya !!

D'

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

FYI, there's a new $70 plan with 20.5 GB with autopay.

@Anonymous...there are those who would complain about being hung with a new rope !!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ottawa : All of these methods still require the customer to "do something". Which I don't have a problem with and am astonished that some people do. Even regulars.

The company can do all this automatically though as we saw with a summer gift 3 summers ago. But since then we've had to do something. .. wait..am I now recalling that some people actually complained that something free showed up on their account and the notification thereof??

And then there are those that complain and block texts from here. But they sure come running when free stuff shows up. Ya snooze ya lose.

AndrewVegas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I am currently out of the country and therefore can't receive text messages, how can I add these promo on.  Unfortunately I won't be back by the end of Dec.

Thanks!

3s_Plenty

Great news! i also like the simplified method of obtaining it. Pretty sure, i still have last years leftover lol.

Thanks PM, nice to have companies recognize existing customers with extras for the holidays. 

ottawa

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

“Some” may have found the directions difficult to understand or to actually do. But I still feel the text option will allow PM to give MORE than in other years as customers would only l know about the offer if they came to the Community. And the My Account, more than usual logins may have slowed down the system for new activations. Either way is not perfect. 

To be clear, I think replying YES to a text is a much better solution than having to go and "buy" a pair of $0 add-ons. They just needed to accommodate those unable to reply YES (at any cost; those in US can pay $8 for access, those outside NA can't). It sounds like they have, by saying to contact Mods after Dec 15 if unable to send a text.

That said, they could have sent an SMS to everyone, saying "go to  website and buy $0 add-on", and informed just as many customers, but this is better.

Need Help? Let's chat.