Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

Dtack
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks so very much!  Just waiting anxiously for my text to arrive!

@Anonymous wrote:

@J_PM 

Amazing Holiday Gift,
i appreciate you and your Team thank you very much for everything...

Wish everyone a happy holiday....enjoy it.

...and we don't have to reboot either....wahooooo !!    😎

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J_PM 

Amazing Holiday Gift,
i appreciate you and your Team thank you very much for everything...

Wish everyone a happy holiday....enjoy it.

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Love it-2.png

PM! You rock. I'm a little late though for the $30 referral reward as I had someone sign-in on Nov 18. 😊

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Working from home I have dropped down to the $15 plan. These add-ons are great for those few months I might go over.

pkaraa

Amazing news. Thanks.

Waiting for the text now. 

LeePublic

Yippie! It's that time of the year! 😀 Thank you so much PM and @J_PM!

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks to PM for the holiday gifts.  I have family members with low data plans where this will come in handy.  My own plan only has provincial calling, so more Canada-wide or international minutes are always welcome.  The more the merrier!

Saucisse
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

And the friend still receives the one time $10 credit for using the referral code??

There's  no change to the credit amount that the new referred customer receives.

Why wouldn't they? It's been like that since day one.  I don't think that they'd mess around with that perk.

"Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us"

And the friend still receives the one time $10 credit for using the referral code??

Tiprix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That sounds great 🙂, Thank you PM!

Hopefully, no one thinks it's spam...

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

That's wonderful news! Another Holiday Gift for everyone 

kaytus_0-1638372075317.png

kaytus_1-1638372075337.png

Now, this becomes a real Tradition here.  

Merry Christmas to all!!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

This is good to hear.  Third year in a row for freebies for both new and existing customers.

That is great news.  Thanks for the holiday gift.  Happy Holidays everyone.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

That's wonderful news! Another Holiday Gift for everyone 🎉🎄🎉

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Great news  and Thanks @J_PM  and PM!!

I am actually glad that PM is using SMS to notify customers and have them response to get the gifts.   Some users missed the gifts last 2 times as they are not frequent Community visitors and they weren't even aware of this.  With this change, there is pretty much 0 chance that they can miss this time (except for those who decided to block PM's text  🙂 )  

@ShawnC13 

Great question! You reply YES to receive both the data & international calling gifts. 

Thanks, 

Jade 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@J_PM, this is great news.  Can you confirm that by replying YES both will be received and not YES2 to get both.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@meche 

Add ons whether or not they are purchased, promotional** or gifted will stay on your account until you completely consumed and then they disappear. Both data and minute add ons work the same way. The exception to this rule are US roaming add ons that are 10 day only and start their countdown immediately after purchase.

**Promotional data may be lost if the terms and conditions state that you cannot change your rate plan. However 99% of the time despite changing plans this data will remain on your account but is YMMV.

@meche 

Which plan are you on?  

If your plan is not grandfathered (ie. still available), you could change your plan to a lower data allotment plan (at next renewal) to use up some of these extra data add ons.  Save some money for a few months and then change back to your original plan.  If your plan is not available anymore, then don't change it since you can't get it back.  

@meche wrote:

Hi All,

I have a few data add-ons I've received over the years being a customer (please see below).

• $0 Holiday Giveaway: 2GB add-on
  • 1GB Promo

Are these one time use only, or reoccurring monthly? To date, I've never exceeded my monthly data usage so haven't had to use them yet.

Aside from the two below, I have another that very explicitly states "5GB one-time data bonus", but the others are more ambigous.

Anyone know?

Thanks!

They're yours to use when needed. They'll stay on your account as long as your account is active. Once you use 'em...they're gone...not recurring.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@meche : One-time - not recurring. Add-ons just stay on the account until consumed. Unlike almost all other carriers except Koodo.

meche
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All,

I have a few data add-ons I've received over the years being a customer (please see below).

• $0 Holiday Giveaway: 2GB add-on
  • 1GB Promo

Are these one time use only, or reoccurring monthly? To date, I've never exceeded my monthly data usage so haven't had to use them yet.

Aside from the two below, I have another that very explicitly states "5GB one-time data bonus", but the others are more ambigous.

Anyone know?

Thanks!

Need Help? Let's chat.