Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] Latency Impacting My Account & Website

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update: 

We're happy to report that the latency issue has remained stable throughout this Saturday, ensuring smoother experiences for all. Huge thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences with Community. We'll continue to keep you updated with any further developments. 

Public Mobile Team

------------------------------------------------------

Hello Community, 

Due to the overwhelming popularity of our Black Friday Deals, some customers may be experiencing latency issues, leading to login or access challenges in areas of My Account. Rest assured, our teams are working to resolve this and ensure a smooth experience for everyone. 

We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience. We’ll continue to share updates as they become available. Thank you. 

- The Public Mobile Team

136 REPLIES 136

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It appears there is still issues accepting Payment during Activation and on new Accounts.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Payment-Error/td-p/1094776

Godzillaz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think they a bit overwhelmed right now

My port still not completed (well over the 5 hour window they advised) as well no responses from CS Agents to messages

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Very nicely done @Shan_Bhai and I hope your poetry and patience paid off and you were able to snag the black Friday deal you wanted.

Diane12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes he has tried several times today and I've been trying to login to his account as well on my phone with no luck. I was able to login and change my subscription so I do believe it's an issue with new subscriptions. I will tell him to download the app, thanks.

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello @Diane12    Has he tried to subscribe again today as I think the problem has been fixed and I know it was frustrating on Friday as I tried to login to my phone account and couldn't so ended up giving up altogether.

I've also read other posts saying new acitivations need to be done through Public's app so he might need to download that and try again.  He should use a clean browser or clear his cookies first as well.

Monnie

@LitlLdy thank you. I did contact them yesterday and still waiting so I'm just going to request a refund at this point. 

@Sam122 ,

You can send a private message to a CS_Agent using the link: ->   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Customer Support Agents are available from:

• Monday to Sunday: 9 AM to 10 PM EST

A CS_Agent will respond back in your Community mailbox (envelope icon) at the top right of this page to the left of your community avatar on your computer or by clicking on your avatar on your device.

Sam122

Same! I got charged but my account isn't activated. I am unable to reach an agent through live chat. They keep disconnecting on me.

Diane12

My husband has been trying to subscribe to PM since Friday. He created an account but can't get any further than that. He is unable to log in due to a "System Error". It's pretty ridiculous at this point.

Jcrew78

This happened to me. TWICE. Got charged twice. Still not activated. Still waiting to hear back from Customer Service to see what can be done. Quite frankly at this point I just want my money refunded, and not go ahead with the service. 

Monnie

Hello, new customer here  Any updates for us, please? I cannot complete my activation as it doesn't seem to recognize that I have already paid. I signed up and purchased yesterday, Sat Nov 25th. See attached photo for what I see in the app and your website when I log-in.  I signed up using a link from someone's referral code on your website (I didn't use the app to sign up).  I have also attached a photo of what I see when I log in to your website. So in each scenario (app or website) I am stuck at payment screen, but I was already charged. Please update us as soon as possible. I have no idea if I am actually signed up with Public yet as I haven't received a welcome email or confirmation/invoice email. 

App:

Screenshot_20231126-100237_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231126-094335_Public Mobile.jpg

Momomomomo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you fixing the site!

Radkom

@J_PM When will @CS_Agent respond to tickets? I opened a ticket 24 hours ago about my activation error M.8701. I am unable to successfully subscribe yet my credit card is being charged. Anytime I log in it asks me to resume activation. I try and still get the same error each time. Tried different browsers, devices, etc., same issue.

shuan

i got charged for switching over to the new plan despite me wanting to start the plan at the next cycle. hoping to get this resolved as i started my plan on nov 20 and did the request to start new plan on 24th.

anthony123

because of your latency issues, I cannot activate my account. I continuously get errors from the secureProxy endpoint saying that my email is taken. I created a new account under a disposable email and I was able to instantly get past activation. can I get some help here?

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

All good here on my end now too. 

@Kittu007 , we’re not allowed to post our referral codes on the Public Mobile community forum! 😞 

Rowan43

Still unable to access and subscribe to plans.  Was able to setup accounts but that is all.

einsteinbqat

@DennyCrane  Exactly. It's on the website, but it's not there should one want to change to it. That's unacceptable.

@einsteinbqat Yeah when I checked a little while ago it was still on the website, but not available to change plan. That would be really disappointing if it lasted less than 12 hours under the circumstances (website not working).

einsteinbqat

The app and website are back to crawling speed. This is still unresolved. The 34$/40GB is still there, but I noticed that you removed the 29$/10GB. This is absolutely not fair play for the people who might have wanted it, but could not because of your server problems.

@J_PM 

Kame

For people that are trying to switch plans from $34/20gb > $34/40gb, you can see if it worked by looking at the payment tabs. It'll show what next cycle's subscription details.

ToniCipriani85

You can check with mobile/tablet browsers. Just that the side bar is quite hidden, you have to pop the side menu to open the full subscription view.

Screenshot_20231125-084526.png

richie_b2

Disregard my question, was able to confirm after checking account on desktop instead of the tablet which I had used earlier. The upcoming subscriptions does show in the Subscriptions tab as others have mentioned.

JoeCanadian

Thanks to the team for fixing things.  I just changed my subscription to the $34  Black Friday deal.  Quick and easy.  

Mindy208

who knows.

Mindy208

OMG, the website was down since 10 in the morning yesterday and I had a chance to access my account until 5 am this morning. It still down 12:00 midnight. I can't believe it happens in PM. It dreives me crazy. The technicians are supposed to maintain / do the great job as Black Friday

richie_b2

Successfully subscribed to the $34 20 gb 5g offer on Thursday. Changed subscription to the $34 40 gb 5g offer Friday evening to take effect on renewal late Dec. I think the change went thru but I can I know, other than waiting till the renewal date. Because it’s the same price it does not show anything different in the payments section and no upcoming changes show in subscriptions or add ons. The 40 gb 5g offer does not show as option when I try change subscription so hopefully means last night change got thru but I how can I check?.

Kame

Working at 7:45am EST. Hope people here can at least subscribe to the plan to lock that in.

Need Help? Let's chat.