Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] Latency Impacting My Account & Website

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update: 

We're happy to report that the latency issue has remained stable throughout this Saturday, ensuring smoother experiences for all. Huge thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences with Community. We'll continue to keep you updated with any further developments. 

Public Mobile Team

------------------------------------------------------

Hello Community, 

Due to the overwhelming popularity of our Black Friday Deals, some customers may be experiencing latency issues, leading to login or access challenges in areas of My Account. Rest assured, our teams are working to resolve this and ensure a smooth experience for everyone. 

We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience. We’ll continue to share updates as they become available. Thank you. 

- The Public Mobile Team

136 REPLIES 136

saje_ward
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Woke up at 5am EST to change over our two accounts. Worked with no issue, presumably because I am one of the few people awake and online.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM , so far the My Account webpage & Public Mobile app is working for me now! Still a little slow but much better!

pm-justin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

works now. Just changed subscription to Black Friday deal!

Recce335

App and website worked for me. I’m located in Ottawa 

@Bullet_77 wrote:

I am in Calgary I just got logged into Public, only by using a pc that has never been used for public before. Both my phone app and my Desktop pc were just getting a black screen of error a after imputing the security code. I have selected the $34.00 40gb 5 g. After I selected charge on renewal the orange box just went to loading. Eventually it timed out and I logged back in again with the security code again. Since I can't see the plan anymore, I am assuming I got it?

@Bullet_77 , check your payments section. It will show upcoming payment & yes as @Random_User stated also on your Subscription and Add-Ons section.

Random_User

Check your subscription & Add-ons and you should see your upcoming plan if you have changed it successfully. 

Mle96

it’s 11:20pm PST and still unable to login and verify subscription. Payment tab missing.

a couple of hours ago I was able to select $29/10GB/4G LTE plan with “server internal errors” on page.

I have screenshot of confirmation page, but have not been able to verify after that.

have wasted hours on this. Public Mobile fix your servers and extend offers so that we can complete our orders properly!

Jcrew78

I got charged TWICE and I still haven’t been able to subscribe successfully. Why did you take my money?! HELP. 

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Public Mobile definitely didn't fix anything. Still not working even out west...

@Camera4617 Yeah I doubt anything is fixed either. The reality is it's 2:00am EST, so the only ones putting much load on the system are probably out west. It was still painfully slow for me, but I did finally get it to work.

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Nobody fixed anything.. Just you were lucky and people are giving up

einsteinbqat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Nothing works here. You got lucky. 

Random_User

I finally logged in and made a change to the new plan. Thank you for fixing it but it was super frustrating.  I really hope PM can extend this deal to the whole weekend at least to allow their users to make a change. 

Shan_Bhai

Ignore the error and continue to end

WforWendy

Finally it worked! Thanks

Shan_Bhai

Shan_Bhai_0-1700894349697.png

Use the "Change Subscription" icon on the top right. It worked for me. Ignore the errors and continue until the change my plan at next renewal date stage.

einsteinbqat

Still going on… 

IMG_9220.jpeg

Tmoney
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It's still there and customer service has suggested it will be all day Saturday too. Check the payments page or the subscription and add one page, and u should see the new plan coming up there.

Tmoney

It's still there. If you don't see it in change subscription you probably already have it selected or have it set to change on renewal. Go to payments page or subscription and add one page and it should show you its already selected

mandooh23

i don't see the $34/40gb deal anymore, does that mean it's processed?

is there any way to check if it is? i would want to make sure before i go to bed.

Also does anyone know if the deal got extended and confirmed by any PMs?

Tobi30

It’s 1:20am I have tried to get the 40g for $34 since 5pm yesterday and now this plan is not available??? Please put it back! It’s very disrespectful to your already customers who were trying to log in all day!!! 

WforWendy

Thanks. Whichever button I click, Payment, Subscription, Overview, it would just be stuck there "loading" for an eternity. And eventually, if I do not click on refresh, it will turn to "forbidden" page. This is what I have been doing for the past 10 hours, eat, washroom, watch TV, shopping online while having second monitor refreshing my Public Mobile page every 2 min or so.

Shan_Bhai

I attempted to switch my subscription to the $34 plan with 40GB, but encountered difficulties. The server's sluggishness prompted me to consider expressing my frustration through a poetic composition.

In the realm of digital delay I stand,
With patience as my guide,I wait unplanned.
Before the screen, the Public Mobile site,
A symphony of slowness, a digital plight.

Oh, loading wheel, you spin with grace,
Yet time stands still in this virtual space.
A pixelated dance, an eternal spin,
As I wait for the website to let me in.

In the cyber silence, patience is my song,
As seconds stretch, and minutes prolong.
The server's heartbeat, a sluggish rhyme,
In the dance of data, we bide our time.

With hopeful eyes, I watch the screen,
As if pixels could reveal the unseen.
Oh, Public Mobile, in the web's embrace,
Grant me entry to your digital space.

In the poetry of waiting, I find my peace,
A test of patience, a cyber release.
For in the dance of data and virtual might,
I'll wait for you, Public Mobile, through the digital night.

Tmoney

It's not gone. It's still there. If you don't see it under change subscription, then you likely already have it as your subscription, or have it selected to change on renewal. The system will take it out of the availble options if you already have it selected. Click the payments page and it should show you what your upcoming subscription is and if you already have it selected. I think the subscriptions and add on page should show it as well.

WforWendy

Have been stuck on your website for the past 10 hours. I just want to change my **bleep** subscription to your black friday deal. Please let me this is going to be fixed before I go to sleep. Or could you extend your black friday deal to the next 3 days or so to allow everyone access to change their subscription?

laggo

So 10:00pm PST hits and all of a sudden everything seems to be working? Kinda?

EDIT - Confirmed the plan is still there, mine is now scheduled for a change at renewal! That was... something...

einsteinbqat

You better extend all your deals this is absolutely ridiculous. Nothing is working. It's 00:39 EST! Still can't do s*** with my account. PM would have gotten two more clients. Looks like it's not happening.

Tmoney

Finally got it. Tried all day.. each page took 10 min to load

Wundrgoat

I was in the same boat as you... When I checked my email I discovered the esim barcode. I found following the link worthless.  However, when I choose to create a new esim in my phone settings, I was able to scan the barcode (took a picture of it with another phone) and my phone created the new esim. Everything fell into place immediately after and worked wonderfully.   Can't say the same for logging into the regular account nor the app but at least I have cell and data. Good luck! 

deltatux
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Finally got 1 of 2 plan changed, this experience is absolutely painful to say the least and I thought getting the Steam Deck OLED ordered on launch day was painful...

At least for the other plan I'm trying to change originally already got the $34/month for 30 GB earlier this morning, so worst case scenario if I can't change it to the 40GB, it's not the end of the world lol...

Need Help? Let's chat.