Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,503 REPLIES 5,503

Tinop
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Pennies on the dollar... Freedom mobile is on the rise , this is actually made Public mobile lowered their prices on some promotions...   It's not from the goodness of their hearts.

Vote with your wallet and unsubscrbe from any Telus services when you find a deal from others...  The referrals are next to go . The trust is broken...

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @edeepm 

remember you cannot downgrade the plan just because you want to used up the data.  So, only way is to use more data than you used to , waste them all with Netflix and youtube  🙂

hi @kb_mv 

smart.  Be loyal to your wallet.  Stay if it gives you with the price and not because you need to be loyal to it.  Go if you find a cheaper one

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

No more rewards for the past referalls.

EdN
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You got an email?  Haven't got one yet, thought they were going to send these out March 8

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

I have 2 accounts with PM and have been here about 5 years. I am most certainly NOT a loyal customer. Never have been. PM paid me to stay with the legacy rewards just as they paid everyone else pre points. The fact that I stayed because of that does not make me loyal. It makes me budget conscious. No other provider came anywhere close to the rewards I was getting here with PM. Not a single one.

I have checked out other providers and note that some plans that people are mentioning on here are for new activations only. I wonder how their loyal customers feel about that?

I will change providers if and when I find the same or better plan I have now for less.

Stelawrat

I didn't receive a text, but I did receive an email on March 6th., so I can't complain. But I can see how this is a serious concern people have, especially for those with referrals. I don't have any, so I'm clear there as well. 

I wouldn't want the responsibility of having to explain this to a referral whose bill suddenly jumps in May, seemingly without any explanation. I wouldn't want to have to call my referrals to confirm whether or not they're aware either. 

Judging from your posts, I know that some of you have more years than I do, yet haven't received notification, so the emails aren't being sent on a seniority basis.

It would make sense to target those with referrals in the next batch, but I suspect that it's being done alphabetically. My surname begins with a B. 

HI @WindyOrbits 

they are going to add to your account end of March

WindyOrbits
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi @Chalupa_Batman and @edeepm I just logged in and don't see 240gb in my account.. where did you go to find it in your account?

I also still haven't received an official email from PM regarding this change.. I wonder if it's just me or there are others who also haven't yet received the email. 

Wolfcore
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

People just need to remember the outright deceptive business practices these guys deploy on their customers, moving forward. This is who they are.

staticcory_0-1709944676592.png

At least with most companies, they're very careful with their wording, and they'll vaguely tell lies in order to gain you as a customers (knowing their ToS will protect them anyway). But PM, they'll just openly outright lie to you, without shame.

I've seen class action lawsuits won for far less, but the problem is, class actions take forever, and they pay out nothing. So they aren't really worth it. My opinion is just to speak with your wallet now, and move on somewhere else. There's plenty of competition out there now, including a bunch that offer even better deals, depending what kind of user you are. At the very least, you can easily get nearly identical pricing with a few of them. A company like this just doesn't deserve loyalty, or your money.

See, the problem with that is the fact they've placed 240GB of data on everyone's account as compensation. THAT in my opinion, was a mistake. That was forced compensation. Therefore since we never clicked on anything to accept that as compensation, it's a moot point. 

EDIT: However, once again I'm thinking outside the box and perhaps the view of the CCTS...  IF someone starts using that 240GB data, THAT in my opinion is an acceptance of the compensation. Therefore their claim would be null and void. However, it really depends how Public Mobile set up the terms of how data is used. They could easily set it that moving forward, that 240GB is to be used first. Therefore their forced compensation is being used, well, your claim would still be valid in my opinion.  

mikasik2

Standing outside Starbucks waiting for my 240GB so I can download their app and claim my free coffee

kcorscadden
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@hTideGnow Exactly, I joined PM solely based on the $34 5G 50GB CAN/US plan and as long as that stays in place, I'll remain a customer for a very long time.  I was with Virgin for like 13 yrs before coming over to Koodo on Black Friday 2023 ($34 4G 50GB CAN only).  The only reason I left Koodo for PM was because of the plan and better value for the same $34.

The bonus perks are nice and all, but that's not why I am here.  If PM screws around with the plans, then I am gone.

And don't fool yourself, PM will eventually change/scrap the current rewards program as well.  It's coming, it's just a matter of when?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

smart @kcorscadden 

Many talked about being loyal to PM, but they were just loyal to the savings, now the savings gone and they are upset.  Smart consumers should be just loyal to the wallet and don't need to fall in love with any one business 🙂

Meow
Mayor / Maire

NOBODY ever promised you anything at PM. PM said it has as a perk 'rewards'; first it was monetary then points (to convert to money) and then it will be hot air.

ANY reward is NEVER guaranteed forever. Even 'life time warranty' has a limit. My windows' blinds came with 'lifetime warranty'. When I wanted to replace broken plastic part I was told 'it is only for 15 years'.
Metal roof has 'lifetime warranty', too. Installer told me it is only 60 years...

SO, points can be taken away AT ANY TIME! I guess in 1-2 years we will have only service without any rewards and support will be provided by AI and customers here (for FREE, just for fun as there will be no rewards whatsoever).

kcorscadden

Reward systems get changed constantly to benefit the corporation, not the consumer.  That's why I don't get too attached to any particular "points program" or business as they can/will change the game.

You go with what benefits you at that particular time.  When the program changes, assess the new program and decide from there whether it is worth continuing.

I understand that ppl are pissed off at PM for changing the program, but it was only a matter of time before they did.  It's how these legacy customers respond to these changes that will be telling to PM.  If there is a mass exodus of customers, PM might change their tune. 

@danielj those are the things I am quesitoning as well.  I only posted that to show what would be presented as ToS.  For a price change you do know they only have to change the price on the plans page 30 days prior to the effective date.  Again I am not supporting or agreeing with this decision.  Yes it finanicailly impacts my family and all my referrals.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

HI @Brianna182   you don't need luck here.  PM has a good price by itself already.  

it is true the legacy rewards is much better.  But the rewards system they have now is better than other carriers with no rewards already

@edeepm yes your exactly right . Good to keep an eye out on all deals routinely. As to take advantage of who offering hour the very best deal . There’s no such thing a loyalty anymore you need  to do what’s right for you . 

Brianna182

As a new customer, I have to be honest I find these conversations a little silly. I totally empathize with those who are losing legacy rewards and seeing their bills go up a substantial amount, but it's common knowledge that reward systems can change or be removed anytime with all companies. 

I think it's safe to assume most new customers are signing up because the plans are a good deal, not because we care so much about getting a measly 5% back in points and $10 a year for loyalty. I mean, I'm happy to take it while it's offered but I've never had a phone plan offer me any rewards or points at all before I signed up with Public and it certainly didn't hold any weight for me when I was choosing a phone provider.

My previous plan with koodo costed $20 more for less data and no roaming.

Wolfcore

The FAQ says May, yeah. So the agent is probably wrong. Although, everybody was supposed to receive notice of this change by March 8th, and none of the 15 people in my referral circle have received any notice yet, so as usual, PM is just terrible with their communication and promises.

HI @edeepm 

i think everyone knows all rewads system can be gone and got changed.

my coffee rewards got changed many times, Starbucks, Tim, McDonald's.  My Aeroplan keeps changing.  My credit cards rewards come and gone.  My HSBC benefits got changed and reduced as RBC taking over.  People thinks rewards will be forward are just not facing the reality

danielj

@ShawnC13 

If Auto pay/renewal is on and phone function/service is operating appropriately ... who's checking the website. Who is checking in with there version of customer support. Who looking at the home page, yet alone the community tab.

Out of family of 4 with PM, one got message from PM of last set of promotional plans and one check on PM's website.

Text and email updates needs to be use more and come through more.

This specific update we where told we were to get email updates by March 8, 2024. I never got mine.

yes , it's May not March.  Everyone can save 2 more months on the legacy system.  

EdN

2 days late.  Wasn't it communicated the changes were to be finalized May 1?

Wolfcore

Be very careful if they offer you something, because this could be taken as compensation for the dispute. Meaning, you reached out with a complaint, they resolved the complaint, and now you have no recourse to complain to CCTS anymore. So if they offer you like $20, I'd personally just reject it.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

By posting this it is in by no means me agreeing or supporting this decision, but this will be the paragraph of the ToS that Publi will point to.  Basically saying they can change any portion of the agreement at anytime and if needed give 30 days (which they have done).  They will bring it to our attention in a reasonable manner ie, posting here, OR an email OR a text message.  Is posting here considered reasonable not sure but as this is the only place to get customer service it could be deemed that way even though many customers never come here.  Again in no way is this supporting the decision.

ShawnC13_0-1710099289941.png

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

danielj

danielj_0-1710099220143.png

Don't have them expire. Leave them plan changes/switches. Or let us upgrade and/or downgrade the addon to match existing plan(s).

Wolfcore

Making the promotional plans open to ALL customers should just be a given. That shouldn't be some sort of great reward for us existing customers. Not having those open is just disrespectful to your paying customers. The reality is, it's very quick and easy to port out, and port back in. Any of us can claim these "locked plans" by just doing this. PM is just forcing loyal customers to jump through this loophole if they want to get what they are offering brand new customers who haven't given them a cent yet. It's quite shameful.

EdN

Good news everyone!  My messages with CS Agent regarding CCTS complaint are now being replied to by escalation team.  I'm hoping they have more information, broader perspective and leeway than the the usual CS Agent.

Need Help? Let's chat.