cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Until November 21, get $10 off for the first 6 months when you activate on a $35/mo plan or more

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

This offer has been extended to Sunday November 24th, 2019 11:59PM EST. 

Hey Community,

Effective immediately to November 21, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, new customers who activate online or in-store at participating retailers on a $35/mo plan or higher will receive $10 off for the first 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a participating retailer.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home.
  3. Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating online until you get to step 3, “Plans and Add-Ons”.
  4. Be sure to select a plan $35/mo or more.
  5. Continue through the rest of the steps.

Here’s what else you should know:

• Only plans $35/mo or greater are eligible for this offer.
  • Eligible customers will receive $10 credit for months 1-6, then resume paying full price from month 7 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- Public Mobile Community Team

298 REPLIES 298

Gerry_P
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just to update, I opened a ticket up, stated my case and it's all resolved in less than 24 hours.

Kudos to PM and all the community advisors for such great service 👍🏼

Gerry_P

Correct and thanks for your help. I've opened a ticket with the powers to be and already received an initial response. I'm sure it will be worked out as to why the promo credit was not applied. It does state it takes up to 30 days for the promo to appear on your transaction history. It's been 32 days now so that's why I enquired. I'm totally new to PM but loving it so far.

... Gerry

@Anonymous wrote:

lol Did you read the subject line? Or OP?

Apparently not.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

I keep telling mupyself to start recording details of all tge promotions because it is hard to remember details after the fact!

You signed up at $40 but say your renewal was charged $25. Did you downgrade to the $25 plan? What I can't recal is whether the $10 credits for 6 months was a $35 or higher plan promotion in which case you may have forfeited those credits by downgrading. Anyone recall or have records of this promo?

AE_Collector

lol Did you read the subject line? Or OP?

I keep telling mupyself to start recording details of all the promotions because it is hard to remember details after the fact!

You signed up at $40 but say your renewal was charged $25. Did you downgrade to the $25 plan? What I can't recal is whether the $10 credits for 6 months was a $35 or higher plan promotion in which case you may have forfeited those credits by downgrading. Anyone recall or have records of this promo?

<edit> I reread your post again. I no longer think you cahanged plans. Your 2 - $2 Autopay credits plus $1 community and the $10 referral credit lowered your $40 plus tax bill to $25 plus tax. So your $10 per month promotion credit may indeed be missing.

AE_Collector

Gerry_P

Thanks for the quick reply Computer Geek. Wasn't sure if I was supposed to ask Simon regarding this or just ask in the community.

@Gerry_P wrote:

I signed up and activated my account at a local independent dealer on Nov 18, during the $10 off for six months promo. I chose the $40 plan and used a referral code. I was charged $40 at the time of activation. My transaction history (Nov 18 - Dec 19) shows the $10 referral credit, $2 auto-pay credit (twice) and $1 community credit. I don't see the $10 promo credit. Shouldn't it be shown here within the 30 days?

My credit card was charged $25 + tax on Dec 18.

Also, in the My Promotions section, it states that I currently have no promotions. 

Only a moderator could fix this for you. Open a ticket by going to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and then typing in "rep".

Gerry_P

I signed up and activated my account at a local independent dealer on Nov 18, during the $10 off for six months promo. I chose the $40 plan and used a referral code. I was charged $40 at the time of activation. My transaction history (Nov 18 - Dec 19) shows the $10 referral credit, $2 auto-pay credit (twice) and $1 community credit. I don't see the $10 promo credit. Shouldn't it be shown here within the 30 days?

My credit card was charged $25 + tax on Dec 18.

Also, in the My Promotions section, it states that I currently have no promotions. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rossputin wrote:

I'm on this promotion.  Will I lose it if I switch phones?

Switch phone...no. Switch plan down...yes..according to the wording.

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm on this promotion.  Will I lose it if I switch phones?

@georgethara90 

We need to know what day you activated on and what plan.

This promo said it can take UP TO 30 days for the first $10 credit to land in your account and the promo only ran from November 15 to November 24 I believe so we are no where near 30 days yet.

Some did have the first $10 deducted on their initial payment but others didn't.

AE_Collector

georgethara90
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

But I didn't get this offer, the first time you were charged $40 from my account.i totally disappointed with your service. I ashamed to referred one of my friend to public

Some promo in the past I recall it did not end precisely at midnight eastern time. I am assuming you directly received a $10 discount from the price charged to your credit card for the first phone? Some did and others paid full price and will get 6 (rather than 5) $10 credits to their account in the future. Thus, your second phone may get the discounts still, at this point it is hard to say.

AE_Collector

@pauc  I have had the moderators honour a promotion that was missed due to an error message . It may help if you have a screenshot of your activation time....or they may be able to access it on their end. It certainly can't hurt to ask....it I a bit tough as a westcoasters and new to pm to realize everything works on est. Keep that in mind for your renewals as well....payment is due at 8:59pm pst.

@pauc wrote:

Hi Guys,

I didn't realise the deal expiry was in EST, I'm in Vancouver.

I just sat down to switch my wife and I's phone plans to Public Mobile. With the first one, the discount was activated, but with the second plan the deal wasn't available anymore.

Is there any kind Public Mobile staff who might rectify my mistake of being 2 minutes over?

Thank you,

Paul

Sorry to hear that you missed out on the promo.  Everything is based on the Eastern Time Zone.  You may get some goodwill shown by pm but this promo was already extended once from Friday to today.  Technically there is nothing they need to do but they may.  

You will need the assistance of the Moderators and to do that you will need to create a Trouble Ticket.  Click this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question into SIMon.  Follow the prompts to get to the Contact Us button and then a Submit Ticket button will appear.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@pauc 

@pauc wrote:

Hi Guys,

I just sat down to switch my wife and I's phone plans to Public Mobile. With the first one, the discount was activated, but with the second plan the deal wasn't available anymore.

Is there any kind Public Mobile staff who might rectify my mistake of being 2 minutes over?

Thank you,

Paul

You can contact moderator to see whether they can help in this situation. YMMV.

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

pauc

Hi Guys,

Thank you,

Paul

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gerry_P wrote:

We have to keep in mind that for many of the posters in here, English is not their first language

Of course. And so we ask questions to clarify. And as often happens, the original questioner disappears without answering any.

Gerry_P

We have to keep in mind that for many of the posters in here, English is not their first language

At least the three if us enter on the same wavelength! All trying to understand what @georgethara90  doesnt or didn't get! Only definite thing is, he can't get it now!

I posted something awhile ago stating that generally the shorter the question the more likely that many will have to post longer replies trying to get more info.

AE_Collector

You can't get it or you don't understand it? The offer ended exactly right now.

AE_Collector

@georgethara90 wrote:

I don't get this offer

You don't understand how it works or you signed up but never got it? If you haven't activated yet, the promotion's over.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@georgethara90 wrote:

I don't get this offer

Understand? Or didn't get? The credit doesn't show up immediately.

georgethara90

I don't get this offer

georgethara90

@Tiana_V wrote:

This offer has been extended to Sunday November 24th, 2019 11:59PM EST. 

Hey Community,

Effective immediately to November 21, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, new customers who activate online or in-store at participating retailers on a $35/mo plan or higher will receive $10 off for the first 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a participating retailer.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home.
  3. Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating online until you get to step 3, “Plans and Add-Ons”.
  4. Be sure to select a plan $35/mo or more.
  5. Continue through the rest of the steps.

Here’s what else you should know:

• Only plans $35/mo or greater are eligible for this offer.
  • Eligible customers will receive $10 credit for months 1-6, then resume paying full price from month 7 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- Public Mobile Community Team

cory_c

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

I must be signed up for that as I get an email from PM each time they have a promotion though not "in advance of the promotion running" as @cory_c @is asking for, just at the beginning of the promotion. There was no additional email advising that this offer was extended until midnight (eastern time zone) tonight however so there are a few hours left to grab it.

AE_Collector

I'm not sure how those e-mail notifications work, but I am suspecting that they are based on a new annoucement being made and it being classified as a promotional offer by Public Mobile. Since the old thread was updated rather than a new annoucement thread made, the notification system probably saw no reason to send another messgage.  I'm speculating of course.

I signed up for that thing when it first showed up and I've received diddly.

I have since signed up so, lets see how that works. However, I went into my personal settings and cannot find where receiving PM Promotional Offers is an option. This is something that PM Admin may want to look into further.

Here is the contents of the email that I received on November 15 announcing the promotion that was subsequently extended to today.

AE_Collector

AE7C6DA4-5588-4108-B468-25AC0AA0F5D1.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

I must be signed up for that as I get an email from PM each time they have a promotion though not "in advance of the promotion running" as @cory_c @is asking for, just at the beginning of the promotion. There was no additional email advising that this offer was extended until midnight (eastern time zone) tonight however so there are a few hours left to grab it.

AE_Collector

I'm not sure how those e-mail notifications work, but I am suspecting that they are based on a new annoucement being made and it being classified as a promotional offer by Public Mobile. Since the old thread was updated rather than a new annoucement thread made, the notification system probably saw no reason to send another messgage.  I'm speculating of course.

I signed up for that thing when it first showed up and I've received diddly.

@AE_Collector wrote:

AE_Collector

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.