cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Public Mobile response to COVID-19

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of May 1, 2020: This offer (US Roaming Credit Back) is now expired.

Update as of March 31, 2020: As of April 1st, online SIM purchases will no longer be discounted and will return to their regular price of $10. 

Update as of March 26, 2020: The $5 discount for online SIM purchases will only be available on purchases through publicmobile.ca. Please note that Amazon deliveries may be significantly delayed due to COVID-19. Make sure to check your estimated delivery date before ordering through Amazon.

Hey Community,

At Public Mobile, the health and safety of our customers, team members, and partners are paramount to us. That’s why, with COVID-19 concerns top of mind and rising uncertainty surrounding the extent of disruptions to day-to-day activities for our customers, we will be committing to make it stress-free to stay connected with friends & family. How are we doing that?

US Roaming credit-back

Public Mobile will be crediting back the full cost of US Roaming Add-Ons as account credits.

• Eligible customers: Customers who have purchased and used any US Roaming Add-On from March 13 to April 30th, 2020. Note that usage of a US Roaming Add-On is mandatory.
  • Account credit will be applied to accounts within 7 business days of usage, beginning March 23. No action is required. Customers will receive a SMS when credit is applied.

$5 off SIM card when you buy online

During this challenging period, we want to ensure that our customers are staying as safe as possible and purchasing SIM cards online, if you need to. 

• For a limited time starting from March 20th, get $5 off when purchasing a SIM card online from us via Amazon or Publicmobile.ca.
  • No promo code necessary.

Any changes or updates to these items will be shared on this page. We encourage you to view further details on what we’re doing to help keep you safe and connected by visiting this help article for more information.

We thank you for being a Public Mobile customer, and hope that this helps make things easier during this difficult time. 

Thanks,

-Public Mobile Community Team

296 REPLIES 296

hxj
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Dunkman 

Thank you very much🙏

@hxj 

@hxj wrote:

I bought US Roaming Adds-on at $15 on Apr 25, 2020, but why didn't received this credit-back?

If you bought it on April 25 and used it the US Roaming add on before May 1, you should receive the credit back.  

Than you might need to contact moderator to get this issue fixed.  

To contact moderator via 2 methods:

1. Ticketing system - faster response time

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

or

2 Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hxj

I bought US Roaming Adds-on at $15 on Apr 25, 2020, but why didn't received this credit-back?

zblackma

Thanks for pointing that out @computergeek541 what I meant to say was that all of the other announced forms of Public Mobile help, excluding the 1/2 price $15 one gig of data were now expired.

Bobo75
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I agree tottsly

Bobo75

Most mobile companies are 

@zblackma That isn't actually the case about all forms of help being expired. Those in financial difficulty should feel free to contact a moderator.

zblackma

Its May now, except for the $15 one gig data, all of the other help for current customers expired yesterday, including the US roaming. I cant wait to see what the next offer will be.

@swingdummy 

Currently new activations can get an extra 500mb of data with the $35 plan making it 2gb. If you have a quebec number there is a $5 discount. Their 2gb plan is $30. These are available on the plans page. Choose quebec as your region to see their pricing.

@swingdummy wrote:

Thanks for the update! I just purchased a sim and didn’t see any promo for $5 off. Am I missing something?

That promo ended on March 31.

swingdummy

Thanks for the update! I just purchased a sim and didn’t see any promo for $5 off. Am I missing something?

PsyJade

What a great offer. It's nice to see such great community support. 

BearFBI

@Shamus85 When replying to peoples posts you can write @ and then the persons name. We will know who you are replying too. If your on computer you can also click on the expand toolbar option and there is a quotation mark.

@Shamus85 wrote:

Smash that curve !!!😉

Like that.

Shamus85

Smash that curve !!!😉

Shamus85

It would be great to give like a free long distance amount of minutes to reach friends and family in Europe

Shamus85

Yes this is very true, now with distancing it feels like we are more alone than together.

Shamus85

Yeah you're right  😉

Shamus85

exaclty😁

Shamus85

Excellent work guys, good info

@Diamondley that is the current price of the SIM card. The refer a friend reward would refund the $10.  See link here Refer a friend https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

Welcome to PM.  Stay safe.

Diamondley

My SIM card I purchased was original price of $10...

@kb_mv 

Seems a lot of people on the $15 and $25 plans got this offer today. There is whole tread on the landing page.

I got a text from PM today asking if I wanted to opt into an additional 2GB per month for $10 plus tax per month. Seems like a good deal for those that use data though I don't think unused will roll over.

@nguifombeoh 

Tag people as I did here so we know who you are replying to and which were and were not "Nice Ideas". Just hit the "@" symbol and a list of recent people who replied in this topic pops up for you to choose from.

AE_Collectory

@BearFBI 

I agree with all that, I just don't think it is going to be as good as everyone thinks to throttle already throttled data. Yes better than nothing if tossed in on each plan at no cost to us but would it still be better than nothing if all plans were to increase by $5 to counteract the current rewards that are better than every other provider? I would rather have it as is now with reasonable add-on prices and a bit more flexibility such as a larger 5 Gb data add-on at a better price and a regular plan with included data in between 1 & 5 Gb to make picking a plan with the best fit for the user easier.

AE_Collector

BearFBI

@AE_Collector wrote:

So if PM added unlimited "Really Throttled Data" to their limited "Throttled Data" it might be 128 Kb? Lots of fun!

@AE_Collector Its good enough for very light things. Like WhatsApp or music streaming. Also 128Kb is better than nothing.

nguifombeoh

Thanks for your efforts public mobile.  Hope I am not asking for too much by saying that more affordable data is needed at this point. Your thoughts?

nguifombeoh

Nice suggestion. Please public mobile kindly consider

nguifombeoh

I appreciate this suggestion.  We need more data at this crucial moment.  Hopefully,  something would be done soon

nguifombeoh

Exactly 

Need Help? Let's chat.