cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: This weekend only, get the $50 8GB plan for $40/mo for 6 months

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of June 24th, 2019: If you were charged $50/mo, when you activated on the $50/mo Ready made plan during the eligible promo dates, you will be automatically credited back the difference and moved to the correct promo plan for the next 5 payment cycles. Your payment cycle will not change. A text message notification will be sent to confirm your plan correction on June 25th.

Hey Community,

From June 22 to June 23, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, new customers who activate online or in-store at participating retailers on the $50 8GB plan pay only $40/mo for their first 6 months.

Plan details:

•      30-day plan
  •      8 GB Data at 3G speed
  •      +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  •      Unlimited Talk to Canada-wide and U.S.
  •      Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  •      Voicemail and Call Display

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home.
  3. Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating online until you get to step 3, “Plans and Add-Ons”.
  4. Be sure to select the plan “Limited time: $50 8GB plan for $40 for first 6 months”
  5. Continue through the rest of the steps.

Here’s what else you should know:

•      Only the Ready-made $50/mo plan is eligible for this offer.
  •      Eligible customers will pay $40/mo for months 1-6, then resume paying $50/mo from month 7 and onwards
  •   If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

105 REPLIES 105

You can also contact a moderator by clicking on the following link to send a private message.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@qudsia wrote:

Thanks, how do i write to moderator?, i'm a bit new to all this...

IF you have a problem and the community can’t help you click on the little envelopp right up on this page and write moderator_team in SEND TO 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@qudsia wrote:

I would give it a week. It doesn't say to ask for it afterwards.

qudsia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@qudsia wrote:

I just move to public for this deal, and there was no special 50$ plan for 40$ in the list of plans, so I did choose 50$ one. They charged 57.49, and now I just hope that it'll be credited back within 7 days, the offer amount.

That has always what the advertising on the main publicnobile.ca page has has been saying to do.  It's also the way that temporary discounts has been handled before as well.  Discounts don't usually apply to first plan payment.

@qudsia wrote:

I just move to public for this deal, and there was no special 50$ plan for 40$ in the list of plans, so I did choose 50$ one. They charged 57.49, and now I just hope that it'll be credited back within 7 days, the offer amount.

An annoucement for a promotion is an announcement. In case that the credit don't show in your account you would write a private message to the moderator to fix that.

qudsia

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 

Yeah the wording's all over the place on this one 🙂

That wording of "or the rate plan is changed" could mean that the company changes it on their own. Nope. Sorry. You're no longer getting the $10. 🙂

And then "the account must have sufficient funds to cover the total cost". So uh autopay not gonna do it? You always have to have a running balance in Available Funds?

And then the OP says if *you* change it. That's fine. Sigh.

I think that other line about the eligible $50 plan is fine on its own. But then yeah it doesn't really mention that it's a credit in the account that will make it net $40.

Oh well.

The PM shrug: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 

Yeah the wording's all over the place on this one 🙂

That wording of "or the rate plan is changed" could mean that the company changes it on their own. Nope. Sorry. You're no longer getting the $10. 🙂

And then "the account must have sufficient funds to cover the total cost". So uh autopay not gonna do it? You always have to have a running balance in Available Funds?

And then the OP says if *you* change it. That's fine. Sigh.

I think that other line about the eligible $50 plan is fine on its own. But then yeah it doesn't really mention that it's a credit in the account that will make it net $40.

Oh well.

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@letItBe wrote:

Hi,

I bought a sim card from a retailer and am in the process of activating the Weekend Offer ($40 for 6 months for 8GB plan), but i cannot see "“Limited time: $50 8GB plan for $40 for first 6 months” option in Plans & Add-ons section as mentioned in your announcement post. I selected the $50 plan and it's charging the cc with $50+taxes. Is the offer valid?

Thanks.

There isn't supposed to be a separate option. Ther is no new plan. You"re supposed to.activate on the regular $50 plan.  The discount comes automatically.

@computergeek541 

Then there's a problem with the OP announcement from Alan_K.

Step 4 How to get this offer...select the limited time plan.

By the sounds of it, maybe it doesn't in fact exist, so then the announcement is wrong. More confusion.

I do see what you"re mentioning.  Below that, it says to select the $50 Ready-made plan.  There is also a disprenpency between the annoucement and the plan details pages.  Everything that I've seen up until now has said first $10 cedit will be deposited in account within 7 business days.  This thread says that the first month is $40, which would also be contrary to the way that past promotions have worked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@letItBe wrote:

Hi,

I bought a sim card from a retailer and am in the process of activating the Weekend Offer ($40 for 6 months for 8GB plan), but i cannot see "“Limited time: $50 8GB plan for $40 for first 6 months” option in Plans & Add-ons section as mentioned in your announcement post. I selected the $50 plan and it's charging the cc with $50+taxes. Is the offer valid?

Thanks.

There isn't supposed to be a separate option. Ther is no new plan. You"re supposed to.activate on the regular $50 plan.  The discount comes automatically.

@computergeek541 

Then there's a problem with the OP announcement from Alan_K.

Step 4 How to get this offer...select the limited time plan.

By the sounds of it, maybe it doesn't in fact exist, so then the announcement is wrong. More confusion.

@LisaNewcar 

The first 30 days of service will cost regular price.  A $10 account credit will appear in your account within 7 business days.

@letItBe wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.

@Dash8fixer 

You will so long as you selected the right plan:)

Dash8fixer

I just signed up today. So I hope I get that deal on this weekend

@Anonymous wrote:

@letItBe wrote:

Thanks. 

Activated the $50 plan, hopefully the discounts etc are get applied to the a/c eventually. 

But was it the "Limited time" plan? It should have been one of the choices. There is the regular $50 plan that was not the promo. It's a promo based on that plan but it was to be its own selection.

If you needed to select the "limited time plan" as @Anonymous  suggests and you didn't, it might be worthwhile for you send a private message to Moderator_Team here  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

just in case you selected the wrong plan and see if they'll change it to the special offer.

I don't know if they will but it's worth a try.  Good luck!

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kav2001c wrote:

@SD08  + @srlawren + @Alan_K 

Wouldn't the "sign up for new deals" only send you deals you were *eligible* for? Like promo plan changes?

This was a new act plan

@SD08 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Alan_K cool!

Hey out of curiosity, I did the "Sign up for Deal Alerts" thing on the plans page and was curious what would happen the next time a promo plan was announced here.  So far, I'd say:  nothing.  Are you planning to send a notification email to people that subscribed?  In the future, can that be at the same time the announcement goes live?  (You know, like, coordinated!)

Same here.  Signed up for the alerts but received no notice of this deal.

@Alan_K  Is the "Sign-up for Deal Alerts" feature not live yet, or does PM pick and choose which deals are pushed out for alerts?

@kav2001c  I don't see why that should be the case. Aside from the extra work required in that case by PM to check each subscriber's eligibility, a member could simply be checking for deals on behalf of friends and family members who may not have signed up yet, not just for their own account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kav2001c 

That sounds way too sophistimacated for this place. But who knows.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@letItBe wrote:

Thanks. 

Activated the $50 plan, hopefully the discounts etc are get applied to the a/c eventually. 

But was it the "Limited time" plan? It should have been one of the choices. There is the regular $50 plan that was not the promo. It's a promo based on that plan but it was to be its own selection.

@letItBe wrote:

Thanks. 

The announcement says it could take upto 7 days for the discount to show in your account.

letItBe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks. 

@SD08  + @srlawren + @Alan_K 

Wouldn't the "sign up for new deals" only send you deals you were *eligible* for? Like promo plan changes?

This was a new act plan

@SD08 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Alan_K cool!

Hey out of curiosity, I did the "Sign up for Deal Alerts" thing on the plans page and was curious what would happen the next time a promo plan was announced here.  So far, I'd say:  nothing.  Are you planning to send a notification email to people that subscribed?  In the future, can that be at the same time the announcement goes live?  (You know, like, coordinated!)

Same here.  Signed up for the alerts but received no notice of this deal.

@Alan_K  Is the "Sign-up for Deal Alerts" feature not live yet, or does PM pick and choose which deals are pushed out for alerts?

During the account activation did you an option for the plan ?

1. Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating online until you get to step 3, “Plans and Add-Ons”.
  2. Be sure to select the plan “Limited time: $50 8GB plan for $40 for first 6 months”

@LisaNewcar Hi did you sign up for the 40 dollar plan?

LisaNewcar

My husband and I both signed up new accounts yesturday and did not see this promtion when choosing plans.

selva1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Please note it may take up to 7 business days for the discount to be applied. 

rdangelo

The promotion indicated a six month discount, but I didn't appear to get the discount.  Can you help?

selva1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is a good deal for newcomers. Save $60  plus tax in 6 months.

@letItBe wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.

@letItBe 

Just pick the $50 plan.  You will get $10 credit within 7 business days.

Here are the terms:

$10 credit will be applied to eligible Ready-made rate plan of $50/month for 6 months. Discount will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Please note it may take up to 7 business days for the discount to be applied. This offer is subject to change without notice.

The friend referral of $10 usually will be in account within 72 hours.

letItBe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Thanks.

Need Help? Let's chat.