cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: This weekend only, get the $50 8GB plan for $40/mo for 6 months

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of June 24th, 2019: If you were charged $50/mo, when you activated on the $50/mo Ready made plan during the eligible promo dates, you will be automatically credited back the difference and moved to the correct promo plan for the next 5 payment cycles. Your payment cycle will not change. A text message notification will be sent to confirm your plan correction on June 25th.

Hey Community,

From June 22 to June 23, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, new customers who activate online or in-store at participating retailers on the $50 8GB plan pay only $40/mo for their first 6 months.

Plan details:

•      30-day plan
  •      8 GB Data at 3G speed
  •      +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  •      Unlimited Talk to Canada-wide and U.S.
  •      Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  •      Voicemail and Call Display

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home.
  3. Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating online until you get to step 3, “Plans and Add-Ons”.
  4. Be sure to select the plan “Limited time: $50 8GB plan for $40 for first 6 months”
  5. Continue through the rest of the steps.

Here’s what else you should know:

•      Only the Ready-made $50/mo plan is eligible for this offer.
  •      Eligible customers will pay $40/mo for months 1-6, then resume paying $50/mo from month 7 and onwards
  •   If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

105 REPLIES 105

@srlawren wrote:

@Alan_K cool!

Hey out of curiosity, I did the "Sign up for Deal Alerts" thing on the plans page and was curious what would happen the next time a promo plan was announced here.  So far, I'd say:  nothing.  Are you planning to send a notification email to people that subscribed?  In the future, can that be at the same time the announcement goes live?  (You know, like, coordinated!)

I'd forgotten that I had also signed up for the deal alerts too.  Received no alerts to date.  I wonder if anyone has received an alert for this latest promotion.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@SD08, @srlawren,  dont worry I'm sure the email will come on Monday. 🙂 this is PM after all:) 

SD08

@srlawren wrote:

@Alan_K cool!

Hey out of curiosity, I did the "Sign up for Deal Alerts" thing on the plans page and was curious what would happen the next time a promo plan was announced here.  So far, I'd say:  nothing.  Are you planning to send a notification email to people that subscribed?  In the future, can that be at the same time the announcement goes live?  (You know, like, coordinated!)

Same here.  Signed up for the alerts but received no notice of this deal.

@Alan_K  Is the "Sign-up for Deal Alerts" feature not live yet, or does PM pick and choose which deals are pushed out for alerts?

marspice
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Darn it!

Thank you 🙂

popping

@FraGSupport wrote:

How do I upgrade my plan

This promo is for new activation only.  No 6x $10 credit for plan change.

FraGSupport
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I upgrade my plan

@popping wrote:

No according to the condition of this promo.

If you currently have a cheap $10 plan, your can activate this plan this weekend. Disable auotpay and remove credit card info from your last week activation.  It will be cancelled after 90 days from your next renewal date.

So I think what you are getting at is that it isn’t really something related to the $10 plan that allows you to switch to this plan.  BUT if you have signed up to a plan that you are willing to walk away from the remainder of the 30 days that you have paid for, you could get another sim and sign up for this deal. I don’t think it is likely that someone who just signed up for a low monthly fee plan now wants the highest monthly fee plan offered just because it is $10 a month off for 6 months.  I don’t think you can port your number from PM to PM so you would lose your existing phone number if that was a concern. JMHO

Terry

mimmo

@FraGSupport  this is only for new activations

FraGSupport
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I up grade my plain

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Alan_K wrote:

From June 22 to June 23, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, new customers who activate online or in-store at participating retailers on the $50 8GB plan pay only $40/mo for their first 6 months.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.

Slight flaw for anyone ordering SIM card online (assuming they haven't got one previously and are sitting on the sidelines, waiting for a deal)... by the time the SIM card arrives, the promo will be over!

popping

@marspice wrote:

Hey there, I just activated last week. Does this mean I cannot switch to this plan?  Only for brand new activiations? TIA!

No according to the condition of this promo.

If you currently have a cheap $10 plan, your can activate this plan this weekend. Disable auotpay and remove credit card info from your last week activation.  It will be cancelled after 90 days from your next renewal date.

srlawren

@marspice wrote:

Hey there, I just activated last week. Does this mean I cannot switch to this plan?  Only for brand new activiations? TIA!

@marspice correct:  new activations only.  You missed it, unfortunately.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

marspice
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

popping

Thanks for the weekend promo. 

This plan will sell for itself.  Time to refer more friends to PM.

Too bad it is new activation only.  Otherwise, I will switch to this promo.

srlawren

@Alan_K cool!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.