cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canceling account for deceased family member

sm8000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, my elderly grandmother got a Public Mobile account a few months back. Sadly, she passed away a few days ago. While I have the login for her account, I do not have her iPhone to get the verification code - I'm in Calgary and the phone is in Charlottetown. Is there any way we can get her account closed ASAP? The funeral is in 2 weeks, I won't be in PEI until that weekend.

6 REPLIES 6

@sm8000 

Sorry to hear about your loss.

If you get into her account, you can turn off preauthorized payments by unsubscribing her subscription.

Dunkman_0-1696865239828.png

Once unsubscribed, the account will be suspended at next payment date.  Once suspended over 90 days, the account will be permanently closed. 

sm8000

Thanks, unfortunately signing into her email (icloud account) also triggers a 2FA code. Fortunately my uncle is there and will look for the phone.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@sm8000 

My condolences, if you have access to her email. You can click on Resend Code or Didn’t Receive Code and have the 2FA code sent to her registered email.

hi @sm8000 worst case, work with Credit card to reverse last transaction 

sm8000

Thanks! I have messaged them.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @sm8000 

sorry for the lost

you can message support 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

or once you cancel the credit card used for renewal, the account won't be renewed anymore 

Need Help? Let's chat.