cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: Changes to Our In-Market Plans

Melinda_H
Customer Support Agent

Hey Community, 

Public Mobile is making a few refreshes to our rate plans. We will be discontinuing some plans in favour of re-introducing ones that we know our customers love.

Effective April 9th, 2021, we will be discontinuing the Province-wide rate plan suite. This comes as a result of listening to feedback from our customers on how we’re doing.  We want to keep making adjustments to plans that make sense, and re-evaluate the ones that aren’t working as well.  

At the same time, we are making some changes to our existing in-market plans:  re-introducing $15 Canada-wide calling plans, increasing the data offered on $35 and $50 plans and discontinuing the Province-wide as well as our $45 rate plan.

We are committed to continue testing new offers and make adjustments that will give our customers options with flexibility and good value in the future. 

See below for more details on our refreshed rate plan line-up:

Public Mobile Plan Suite 

Monthly Rate

Canada-wide Minutes

Data Included + Autopay Bonus

$15

100 Minutes

250MB

$25

Unlimited

1GB

$35

Unlimited

3GB

$40

Unlimited

5GB

$50

Unlimited CAN & US

10.5GB

How to change your plan: 

1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select your preferred plan. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile plans, click here.

- The Public Mobile Team

190 REPLIES 190

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk : um...blazing red, larger font, negative comment...???

@Anonymous 

I am not fighting. I only responded to a post and what I read in that post. Your the one that made a big deal about it. 

@LurganIeUk 

The easiest way go be kept up to date about many pricing changes and promotions is to have an account with CCS that's how I found out as I checked my email first.....CCS is very good about informing its customers about pm promotions and plans. But one must decide....pm does very little promotional email/text marketing and CCS does a lot!! Too much or too little....whaddya gonna do?

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Great!  I'm glad PM has reconsidered their decision to bring back province-wide calling plans. IMHO, Canada-wide calling should be the minimum standard for voice plans these days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk : I'm not sure why all the fightin' words. That was a copy/paste portion from my earlier post in this thread responding to the OP in response to you saying about clarifying the $10 plan idea that sa7375 picked up on that you took umbrage with.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Well done, PM! Appreciate you not only listening to customers, but also making meaningful changes that benefit them. Actions to go with your words. You guys rock and I'm proud to be a PM customer!

@will13am 

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. But this one is a feather in their cap if they notify Provincial Wide plan owners only of an improvement that they could take advantage of vs possibly continuing to buy the $5 add on. They could either text or email those customers. If I was to make a corporate decision....I would inform the customers. 

Yes I have read about all the "nayers" in regards to texts. But for self serve I do feel they are necessary. Those that don't like can always block, others read and delete, and others just delete.....is not a big deal. But if one of those "nayers" lost service.......

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@will13am 

I agree with your comment that the customer will have to change plans. I am suggesting that every customer on Provincial Wide at least be texted from PM of their options to move to Canada Wide calling free of charge by doing a plan change. Some will be ticked off as they will be with out Canada Wide calling until they change plan, likely at the end of cycle and would have unnecessarily purchased a Canada Wide $5 add-on. Some are on low budgets. 

It is the customer's responsibility to see what is currently offered and if something would be better for them.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@will13am 

I agree with your comment that the customer will have to change plans. I am suggesting that every customer on Provincial Wide at least be texted from PM of their options to move to Canada Wide calling free of charge by doing a plan change. Some will be ticked off as they will be with out Canada Wide calling until they change plan, likely at the end of cycle and would have unnecessarily purchased a Canada Wide $5 add-on. Some are on low budgets. 

Texting customers about new offers is quite contentious as you have seen.  There is a lot venom directed at Public Mobile in the past.  It is a bit of a no win situation for them.  

@Anonymous wrote:

@LurganIeUk : Maybe it was tl;dr...

--------------

How about the trusty old $10 plan? And a texting add-on? Or an account cost of $5 and add things as plan features or as add-ons to that without bundle discounts.

---------------

Seems pretty clear context to me.

I have no idea what you are talking about!!! Nor did your post say what "you" thought it was supposed to be interpreted as.

@will13am 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk : Maybe it was tl;dr...

--------------

How about the trusty old $10 plan? And a texting add-on? Or an account cost of $5 and add things as plan features or as add-ons to that without bundle discounts.

---------------

Seems pretty clear context to me.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Melinda_H  That's very good news. Thank you for listening to your community.

@AE_Collector 

The chart is saying with auto pay the TOTAL data will be.....

@Melinda_H 

It's about time.....the province -wide plan idea was a slap in the face and was starting an exodus considering that the community was starting to peddle other providers plans because they offered better value especially when it came to larger data plans so the new $50/10.5gb plan is a huge improvement.

Its unfortunate that recently activated customers on the current promotion with the $35 and $50 plans are going to feel a little shorted on their first month's data plan and if they are unaware of this announcement to know to schedule a plan change will likely go a few months before they find out they can get more bang for their buck along with those with the province-wide $15 plan.

How does this affect anyone with a "promotion" who may lose it if they change rate plans? Are customers with the "quebec" plan faced with the dilemma of paying $5 more for 0.5gb or 2gb for the new plan or keeping their current promotion? Its too bad that they can't be changed without losing promotional bonuses.....

@Anonymous wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

SAYS YOU! 🙂 That would be your opinion. There are several people here that I know agree with the suggestion. It's really only useful for the old $10 plan. But the other part of my suggestion was for a more a la carte way of acquiring telecom service.

Well if your post was clear and said it would be helpful for the old $10 plan....I wouldn't have even commented. But for any one on a unlimited text plan it would be pointless. 

355BFBA7-1460-4DB6-AA76-FE272A3FEB40.jpegWell, as I suspected...the provincial calling didn’t last long. Good to see the $35 plan FINALLY has 3 GB of data, it took a long tome to get there. And finally ... a bit more data in the $50 plan, with double the 5GB of the $40 plan so that is a pretty decent improvement!

I’m thinking the wording of the chart isn't quite right in that it says the $15 plan has 250 MB of “Data Included + Autopay Bonus”. I think that the data shown for all plans is likely “Data Including the Autopay Data Bonus”.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk 

SAYS YOU! 🙂 That would be your opinion. There are several people here that I know agree with the suggestion. It's really only useful for the old $10 plan. But the other part of my suggestion was for a more a la carte way of acquiring telecom service.

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@smp99 wrote:

So if I do nothing will I be grandfathered into keeping my Prov-wide plan  🙂

This is a positive step

I assume the "positive step" is a bit of sarcasm??? (you want the Provincial Wide??)

The questions are for those that are on a NEW Provincial Wide calling plan:

1. Will their plan automatically change to Canada Wide? If yes, do you advise the customer?

2. Do you have to choose a new plan, same price, Canada Wide?

3. If you have to change your plan and don't frequent the Community how will those customers be advised?

It would be up to the customer to change whatever plan they are currently on.  That has always been the case.  No carrier would auto change a plan on a customer and risk backlash regardless of how apparently better the change would be for the customer.  That said, it is nice to see that in spite of the small amount of competition we have in Canada, the market still does work.  

@sa7375 wrote:

@Anonymous . Like you, I strongly support an add-on for texting. 

That suggestion is a step backwards. 

@smp99 wrote:

This is a positive step

I assume the "positive step" is a bit of sarcasm??? (you want the Provincial Wide??)

The questions are for those that are on a NEW Provincial Wide calling plan:

1. Will their plan automatically change to Canada Wide? If yes, do you advise the customer?

2. Do you have to choose a new plan, same price, Canada Wide?

3. If you have to change your plan and don't frequent the Community how will those customers be advised?

cmobile
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Finally it's a good news. 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for sharing the positive news!

Great to know when a company listens to their customers.
It puts Public Mobile one step above the others.

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous . Like you, I strongly support an add-on for texting. 

BearFBI

@benfatto wrote:

No price increase on the plans BUT then how will PM generate more income for Telus? Clearly that's the objective. 

Well I'm probably upgrading to the 35$ plan. It is right in line to the targeted offer months ago that I never got to take advantage of. Their making more money off of me.

more appealing plans = more money.

@benfatto wrote:

No price increase on the plans BUT then how will PM generate more income for Telus? Clearly that's the objective. 

Having price plans that people don't want doesn't generate more income either.

benfatto

@smp99 

Yes, you can keep your current plan. i am assuming that you have one of the older province-wide calling plans.  There would actually be no reason for anyone to keep any of these most recent provincial calling plans.

BearFBI

@Melinda_H Wow great news ! 

I'm glad to see public is back in the game at moving forward and not backwards !

I'm glad the province wide plans are gone. Phew ! I can switch plans now and not have to worry about keeping my "precious" grandfathered canada wide plan.

smp99

This is a positive step

Need Help? Let's chat.