cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: Changes to Our In-Market Plans

Melinda_H
Customer Support Agent

Hey Community, 

Public Mobile is making a few refreshes to our rate plans. We will be discontinuing some plans in favour of re-introducing ones that we know our customers love.

Effective April 9th, 2021, we will be discontinuing the Province-wide rate plan suite. This comes as a result of listening to feedback from our customers on how we’re doing.  We want to keep making adjustments to plans that make sense, and re-evaluate the ones that aren’t working as well.  

At the same time, we are making some changes to our existing in-market plans:  re-introducing $15 Canada-wide calling plans, increasing the data offered on $35 and $50 plans and discontinuing the Province-wide as well as our $45 rate plan.

We are committed to continue testing new offers and make adjustments that will give our customers options with flexibility and good value in the future. 

See below for more details on our refreshed rate plan line-up:

Public Mobile Plan Suite 

Monthly Rate

Canada-wide Minutes

Data Included + Autopay Bonus

$15

100 Minutes

250MB

$25

Unlimited

1GB

$35

Unlimited

3GB

$40

Unlimited

5GB

$50

Unlimited CAN & US

10.5GB

How to change your plan: 

1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select your preferred plan. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile plans, click here.

- The Public Mobile Team

190 REPLIES 190

@Haiggy wrote:

Awesome! I just wish we could get a bit more heads-up for any changes like this, rather than 'effective immediately', which is what this really is an announcement for.

These plans were actually available at about 2am (eastern time) but were not yet being advertised.  Not announcing these plans ahead of time likely has to do Public Mobile not wanting another carrier to match the plans but also do it first. That would make it appear that Public is only copying.

Haiggy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Awesome! I just wish we could get a bit more heads-up for any changes like this, rather than 'effective immediately', which is what this really is an announcement for.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Melinda_H, thanks for the update.  This is great news for the customers and really customers of all providers to see that others didn't follow.  As stated this seems in line with Freedom but the dependability of the network is better.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Jedi180
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good news. 🙂

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

That is good news for existing customers.  PM is listening and responding to the competition.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Melinda_H 

This is wonderful news, and will not only retain customers who like the option of switching plans from time to time, but also new customers considering coming to public mobile.

Great decision!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting that your competitors didn't bite as deep. Now no one can say that Public Mobile doesn't try to lead. Although I think we can all have our suspicions of how things unfold in corporate boardrooms.

I also think there were too many problems with the roll-out.

How about the trusty old $10 plan? And a texting add-on? Or an account cost of $5 and add things as plan features or as add-ons to that without bundle discounts.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

That was a good move. Everyone was waiting for when it was going to happen!

I would.have liked to see better as these plans seem to line up with some of Freedom Mobile's plan offerings but at slower data speeds. At lesst this is a improvement, and best of all, the Canada-wide plan price increase decision has been reversed.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Great news.  Better plans for the higher cost plans also (ie. $35 and $50 plans).  More customers will be happier.  

Need Help? Let's chat.