cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: Changes to Our In-Market Plans

Melinda_H
Customer Support Agent

Hey Community, 

Public Mobile is making a few refreshes to our rate plans. We will be discontinuing some plans in favour of re-introducing ones that we know our customers love.

Effective April 9th, 2021, we will be discontinuing the Province-wide rate plan suite. This comes as a result of listening to feedback from our customers on how we’re doing.  We want to keep making adjustments to plans that make sense, and re-evaluate the ones that aren’t working as well.  

At the same time, we are making some changes to our existing in-market plans:  re-introducing $15 Canada-wide calling plans, increasing the data offered on $35 and $50 plans and discontinuing the Province-wide as well as our $45 rate plan.

We are committed to continue testing new offers and make adjustments that will give our customers options with flexibility and good value in the future. 

See below for more details on our refreshed rate plan line-up:

Public Mobile Plan Suite 

Monthly Rate

Canada-wide Minutes

Data Included + Autopay Bonus

$15

100 Minutes

250MB

$25

Unlimited

1GB

$35

Unlimited

3GB

$40

Unlimited

5GB

$50

Unlimited CAN & US

10.5GB

How to change your plan: 

1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select your preferred plan. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile plans, click here.

- The Public Mobile Team

190 REPLIES 190

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjbdelrosario : The $15 switched back to Canada-wide. The $35 added some data. The 5gb went down in price. The $50 added some data.

sjbdelrosario
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@dabr 

Make sense. Just double-checked the details. Appreciate your info.

@sjbdelrosario wrote:

I read that the plans have been updated as of April 9th increasing the data coverage. However, your website is not updated? As per your site, the $25/month has 500 MB of data inclusive. Please clarify. Thank you.

@sjbdelrosario   Only the $35 and $50 plans have more data available than the previous versions.  All other plans remain the same with the current update.

sjbdelrosario

I read that the plans have been updated as of April 9th increasing the data coverage. However, your website is not updated? As per your site, the $25/month has 500 MB of data inclusive. Please clarify. Thank you.

@carlaspapa wrote:

So if I'm on the old grandfathered $15 plan with Canada wide calling is it the same as the new one? Should I change? Or they just the same plan?

It is the same plan. No need to change.

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

So if I'm on the old grandfathered $15 plan with Canada wide calling is it the same as the new one? Should I change? Or they just the same plan?

@pmpublic 

Ok great you did things correctly. Cancelling the plan change will leave you with your current plan. If you want to play it really safe yes you could cancel and wait unil the end of April to reschedule it. But I don't see it affecting your recieving of the credit whatsoever as its the same priced plan. 

The advice of waiting til after you recieve the credit is more for those who activate on a higher priced plan like the $50 plan. They wait to recieve the $50 credit then schedule a plan change to the $25 or $15 plan and maximize their savings by having a larger credit.

The promotion clearly states you will be credited the same amount as the rate plan you activated on. There are no other conditions saying you cannot change your plan in order to recieve the credit.

pmpublic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the replies everyone. Tbh, I got a little excited about the plan change and completely forgot about the promo, and wanted to change plans in case PM decided to change their mind lol

@darlicious I future dated it for next billing cycle (May 2), and I do see "Cancel scheduled plan change". If I cancel the plan change though, would it go back to my original plan or leave me without a plan? Because that plan doesn't exist anymore.

@computergeek541 

"You won't lose the account credit if you future date the change." How far ahead? Because it is scheduled for May as I wrote earlier. You recommend I cancel it the change or wait and see what happens?

@AE_Collector 

"No one knows if you would wind up losing your second month" I guess we'll find out from my idiot move soon enough lol

@RosieR 

Appreciate the help 🙂

@MiltonMike wrote:

I just changed my province wide plan to the Canada wide plan. I don't make calls outside the province since family currently lives within Ontario but I am Keeping this plan forever!

I wouldn't say that you would probably keep your current plan forever.  The new plans are an improvement but are hardly earth shattering. The plans still fall behind the competition, at least in my opinion.

chainsawcowboy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm kind of wishing that I had activated later than sooner and I would have had 10.5 GB for my first month but it is good to see that public mobile has reverted back to only Canada wide calling. I will be making a change in my plan on my next renewal to take advantage of all the added data.

MiltonMike

I just changed my province wide plan to the Canada wide plan. I don't make calls outside the province since family currently lives within Ontario but I am Keeping this plan forever!

@Canlan54a wrote:

Be careful what you wish for ; )

Not sure to whom you are addressing this but I wish for texting add-ons...   ‼️

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

I'd feel frustrated needing to check my add-on any time I  needed a longer call for example. I'm more a pick up and go type myself

Well the good thing is that PM gives you warnings when you reach your last 10 minutes or last 10 texts, so you are not caught flat-footed. And it is easy to top up on the go via self-serve or 611.

Canlan54a
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@will13am 

As a 10 year Telus customer Telus did EXACTLY THAT to me which is ironically why I originally switched to PM.

@cannonman55 

If you do this.....schedule a plan "change on next renewal" not "now" as you will lose your current remaining plan cycle and their are no refunds or prorating of plan charges at pm.

@cannonman55 wrote:

If I'm already on a 50.00 Canada wide with 8.5 gig will it automatically change to 10.5 on my next billing cycle?

No, you will not automatically receive the higher data amount. The 8.5 and 10.5GB $50 plan are actually coded as seperate an unique plan codes. You'll have to request the change from within your self serve account.

cannonman55

If I'm already on a 50.00 Canada wide with 8.5 gig will it automatically change to 10.5 on my next billing cycle?

@Pawprints1986 

The $10 50/50 plan was originally going to be eliminated in the summer of 2019 it was extended for a "limited time" and announced to be eliminated October 4th 2019 and then that date was extended to October 7th 2019 when it indeed was eliminated (on the day of my renewal that I had scheduled my plan change to the $10 plan.)

@Canlan54a 

To tag someone tap the "@" key and a box will pop up with usernames in it tap on the one you want or continue to type the name until it does appear.

@Canlan54a wrote:

As a 10 year Telus customer Telus did EXACTLY THAT to me which is ironically why I originally switched to PM.

@Canlan54a 

Please note that this message forum does not show most who are replying to.   Without tagging or quoting the other person, it can be difficult to know what is being discussed.

Canlan54a

Canlan54a

Be careful what you wish for ; )

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous ah OK, these must have been around more than a year ago, I've been almost exactly a year. Actually, I'll see my first $1 loyalty on my next renew date 🙂

Totally depends on the person though I guess. For me, I'd rather know I have enough there when I need it. In still saving vs what koodo wanted to offer me, even after 8 years loyalty to them

I'd feel frustrated needing to check my add-on any time I  needed a longer call for example. I'm more a pick up and go type myself

Maybe @pmpublic just future dated the change in which case nothing has happened yet and it “could” be undone again easily. No one knows if you would wind up losing your second month but I would guess not since it will just be a $15 cash credit. If you changed plans immediately though you lost anywhere from 1 to 30 days of plan time from your previous plan as an immediate plan change tosses anything remaining and starts a new 30 day plan right then.

AE_Collector

fujiyama

Wow, great news! Nice to have Canada wide minutes back. The data boost on those higher priced plans are good too 👍

@RosieR wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@pmpublic wrote:

Ok so I signed up for the last "2nd month free" promo, got the $15 province-wide plan, and then this was announced. So without thinking, I switched over to the Canada-wide $15 plan. Did I just lose my 2nd free month because I'm not a different plan now?

The free 30 days of service comes in the form of a $15 account credit. I would wait until you rreceive the $15 in your account balance. After that, you can schedule a future-dated plan change. You won't lost the account credit if you future date the change.

@computergeek541  the OP said he already changed to the new plan.  Does this mean he loses the 2nd month free promo?  Is there anything the OP can do to reverse his action?  thanks

Ooops, I thought that pmpublic was thinking about making the change. I would have suggested waiting until the credit was received, but it doesn't come, I would ask the moderators to issue a mnaual $15 credit.  I have not seen anything in the promotion terms that say that a customer cannot change the plan, but only that the credit will be equal to the price of the plan originally subscribed to.

While this doesn't relate tot he promotion, an immedaite plan change would have had the customer need to pay $15 to peform the change. If it was a future-dated changed, this can be undone from the self serve account.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@pmpublic wrote:

Ok so I signed up for the last "2nd month free" promo, got the $15 province-wide plan, and then this was announced. So without thinking, I switched over to the Canada-wide $15 plan. Did I just lose my 2nd free month because I'm not a different plan now?

The free 30 days of service comes in the form of a $15 account credit. I would wait until you rreceive the $15 in your account balance. After that, you can schedule a future-dated plan change. You won't lost the account credit if you future date the change.

@computergeek541  the OP said he already changed to the new plan.  Does this mean he loses the 2nd month free promo?  Is there anything the OP can do to reverse his action?  thanks

RosieR

@pmpublic 

If you chose the change now option then you've just made a "honest mistake". Did you have enough funds in your account to do this? Check your payment history to see if you have accidently done this. If so immediately contact the moderators and explain what you just did....and ask them to switch you back to you originally chosen plan and credit back the $15 to your account. You can then schedule a change on next renewal to the canada-wide plan.

Edit:

Though preferable to schedule a plan change after you have recieved the credit if this is not possible as sometimes pm misses crediting an account within 30 days ( before your first renewal) and has to be added manually by a moderator afterwards. Then schedule the plan change on next renewal on your 29th day of service. The terms and conditions of the promotion do state that you will be credited the same amount as the rate plan you activated on....in your case $15.

sunflowershine

Nice move!

@pmpublic wrote:

The free 30 days of service comes in the form of a $15 account credit. I would wait until you rreceive the $15 in your account balance. After that, you can schedule a future-dated plan change. You won't lose the account credit if you future date the change.

pmpublic

Need Help? Let's chat.