Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Re: UPDATE: Changes to Our In-Market Plans

@smp99 wrote:

So if I do nothing will I be grandfathered into keeping my Prov-wide plan  🙂

This is a positive step

I assume the "positive step" is a bit of sarcasm??? (you want the Provincial Wide??)

The questions are for those that are on a NEW Provincial Wide calling plan:

1. Will their plan automatically change to Canada Wide? If yes, do you advise the customer?

2. Do you have to choose a new plan, same price, Canada Wide?

3. If you have to change your plan and don't frequent the Community how will those customers be advised?

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@sa7375 wrote:

@z10user4 . Like you, I strongly support an add-on for texting. 

That suggestion is a step backwards. 

will13am
Oracle

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@smp99 wrote:

So if I do nothing will I be grandfathered into keeping my Prov-wide plan  🙂

This is a positive step

I assume the "positive step" is a bit of sarcasm??? (you want the Provincial Wide??)

The questions are for those that are on a NEW Provincial Wide calling plan:

1. Will their plan automatically change to Canada Wide? If yes, do you advise the customer?

2. Do you have to choose a new plan, same price, Canada Wide?

3. If you have to change your plan and don't frequent the Community how will those customers be advised?

It would be up to the customer to change whatever plan they are currently on.  That has always been the case.  No carrier would auto change a plan on a customer and risk backlash regardless of how apparently better the change would be for the customer.  That said, it is nice to see that in spite of the small amount of competition we have in Canada, the market still does work.  

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk 

SAYS YOU! 🙂 That would be your opinion. There are several people here that I know agree with the suggestion. It's really only useful for the old $10 plan. But the other part of my suggestion was for a more a la carte way of acquiring telecom service.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

355BFBA7-1460-4DB6-AA76-FE272A3FEB40.jpegWell, as I suspected...the provincial calling didn’t last long. Good to see the $35 plan FINALLY has 3 GB of data, it took a long tome to get there. And finally ... a bit more data in the $50 plan, with double the 5GB of the $40 plan so that is a pretty decent improvement!

I’m thinking the wording of the chart isn't quite right in that it says the $15 plan has 250 MB of “Data Included + Autopay Bonus”. I think that the data shown for all plans is likely “Data Including the Autopay Data Bonus”.

AE_Collector

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

SAYS YOU! 🙂 That would be your opinion. There are several people here that I know agree with the suggestion. It's really only useful for the old $10 plan. But the other part of my suggestion was for a more a la carte way of acquiring telecom service.

Well if your post was clear and said it would be helpful for the old $10 plan....I wouldn't have even commented. But for any one on a unlimited text plan it would be pointless. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Melinda_H 

It's about time.....the province -wide plan idea was a slap in the face and was starting an exodus considering that the community was starting to peddle other providers plans because they offered better value especially when it came to larger data plans so the new $50/10.5gb plan is a huge improvement.

Its unfortunate that recently activated customers on the current promotion with the $35 and $50 plans are going to feel a little shorted on their first month's data plan and if they are unaware of this announcement to know to schedule a plan change will likely go a few months before they find out they can get more bang for their buck along with those with the province-wide $15 plan.

How does this affect anyone with a "promotion" who may lose it if they change rate plans? Are customers with the "quebec" plan faced with the dilemma of paying $5 more for 0.5gb or 2gb for the new plan or keeping their current promotion? Its too bad that they can't be changed without losing promotional bonuses.....

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@AE_Collector 

The chart is saying with auto pay the TOTAL data will be.....

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Melinda_H  That's very good news. Thank you for listening to your community.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk : Maybe it was tl;dr...

--------------

How about the trusty old $10 plan? And a texting add-on? Or an account cost of $5 and add things as plan features or as add-ons to that without bundle discounts.

---------------

Seems pretty clear context to me.

Need Help? Let's chat.