cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Systems Update: Ability to change plan while in suspend

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Have you ever experienced frustration from not being able to change your plan in Self-Serve when your account was in suspend? Well, we’re excited to let you know that, as of today, you’ll be able to do this without having to contact our Moderator Team!

We also thought we’d share some helpful pointers:

1. Changing your plan is a 2-step process, so be sure to complete both steps. Step 1 initiates the change, and step 2 reactivates your account via making a payment (if necessary).
  2. Make sure to review your details carefully before changing your plan. Once you’ve selected “Yes, change my plan”, all features from your current plan will be lost and the plan change will be completed, even if you do not make a payment in the second step.
  3. Top up your account with sufficient funds to cover the remaining amount owing. Since we are a prepaid service, you need to have the funds available for the plan change to fully take effect. If you only have partial funds in your account, or if you do not complete payment after changing your plan, you may be left with no or partial service. We have introduced several warnings to ensure you don’t leave the page without topping up, but figured we should mention it here as well. Note: If you have sufficient funds to cover your new plan, you won’t be taken to the payment menu.

What happens if I don’t take into account the above pointers? What should I do?

In this scenario, your account could still move from suspend to active, re-starting your plan cycle and potentially only reactivating a portion or none of your services.

If you find yourself in this situation, simply make a one-time payment from the “Payment” tab in Self-Serve and opt to pay the “Amount Due”. This will cover the new plan cost less any partial payment that was taken. After successful payment, your services should be fully reactivated.

If your services aren’t restored, please reach out to our Moderator Team ASAP and they will help get things sorted out.

Never changed your plan before? Learn how to here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

97 REPLIES 97

Anonymous
Not applicable

but i did now try it in my computer is working 100%
please

you can try it for a different Browser
and clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

update your Browser,

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take it your power internet for about a minute and put it back, Restart your device is will help,

if you can't change your plan you have to Submit a ticket to a moderator.

chosen the plan you like it the can do it for you,

Only one way to you fix it explanation to moderator Team and the are nice service the will 100% help you

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator_Team by Click here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service

Good Luck

ericntd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sorry what the 2 steps are?

My "Change plan" screen gives me no option to proceed

I don't want to have to pay the full monthly fee of $35 just to be able to change plan cos that doesn't make sense!

Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 10.45.31 AM.png

scott_07

Okay. Thanks. By the way I rebooted my computer accessing the internet. I must go but will get to later today.

@scott_07  Otherwise contact the moderators to do it for you. Click on the (?) At the bottom right of your screen and submit a ticket via Simon explaining your issue. Type in human or rep then follow the prompts to submit a service ticket.

@scott_07  I meant reboot whatever your using to access the internet.

scott_07

I did all you said with the exception of rebooting my device (my phone). I lost my phone so cannot reboot. My submit button is greyed out still. I tried to pay the extra $5. This is frustrating as I want to reactivate my account so I can try phoning the number again.

@scott_07  Clear your browser and reboot your device. Use incognito/secret mode. Use chrome or Firefox. Try to add your extra $5. Pay for plan. Reactivate.

scott_07

I have lost my phone. I suspended my service. I cannot find my phone still (4 weeks now). I want to reactivate to see if I can call it again in case someone tried to turn it on.

It is not letting me reactive my phone. I have a $25 plan. I have $20 in my account. I tried adding $5. The submit button remained greyed out.

I tried changing to a $15 plan, it gave me the following message: An error occured and we were unable to change your plan.

I then erased my credit card and tried to re-enter credit card info and it won't let me. Same error message: An error occured and we were unable to change your plan.

I am at a loss. I don't have my phone to reboot it as suggested in one of the help topics.

Can you manually add the $5 or change my plan from your end so that I can reactivate my account.

MzBlackPearl
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My bad...no worries! I wasn't offended. Sorry if it came across that way. I just wanted to say that I tried a bunch of stuff in my ability before reaching out. But I appreciate your suggestion.

You didn't say in you post you had - sometimes it is the answer.  Sorry!

MzBlackPearl

I did a restart,a full power off, a battery pull and left it out, let it discharge battery fully and charged it back to full. Nada. Lol

@MzBlackPearl, try restarting your device, if you haven't already.

MzBlackPearl

I did this yesterday and it appeared to have gone through and given me a new cycle date, but my service didn't reactivate. I made the necessary top up and the balance in my account reflects that the change was made. Should hear back from a mod soon if not already.

Sheshant

i have changed the plan and added amount. but still my number is in suspended status.

how can i enable it

@izzybee

Can you manually load up the necessary founds into your balance?  If you have enough balance, your original plan should re-activate.  That is assuming that your credit card information is up to date with the PM system.  

izzybee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Please Help!

My plan was disconnected as my credit card information changed. I desperatley need to have my plan reactivated ASAP as I work on call and currently have no means for communication. I have updated my credit information and should be good to go. Can you help me? Please!?

I was on the 40$ 4.5GB plan. I have tried to get another plan or to reinstate my plan but it is not working. Help!

abstewart99

Thanks.

abstewart99

Sorry different account

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@abstewart99 wrote:

My alternate number on my account is suspeded. how do i reactivate an alternate number ?

@abstewart99 I don't really understand what you're asking.  Like @stonechucker said, the altenrate number is only collected (and almost never actually  used) when you port your number from a previous provider.  Once your port is done, the alternate number has absolutely nothing to do with Public Mobile.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@abstewart99, the alternate phone number is only for PM to contact you when an issue requires them to get ahold of you in the rare event they need to.  If it’s suspended, it’s no longer a valid alternate number.  Likely not held by PM either, unless you used another PM subscriber as your alternate number.

saltymacdogg

@abstewart99 hey I'm guessing it would be the same for that as your regular number. Yo would have to put enough money on your account to cover a plan and reactivate that number

abstewart99

My alternate number on my account is suspeded. how do i reactivate an alternate number ?

saltymacdogg

Thank you so much for the info 

saltymacdogg

But will I still be able to keep the plan I am switching to or will that be lost to me?. Because I switched to the 6 GB data plan for 45 but realsied I won have the money to cover it to the first but alost don't want to loose such a great deal as it any longer offeres.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@saltymacdogg wrote:

What happens if you've made the change to your plan to take effect the day your plan is supposed to renew but you won't have sufficient funds to cover the new plan until the next day?

Then you'll get suspended. So you come the next day and put in money and it should re-activate like normal from suspended with your new plan. (provided that actually works 🙂 )

But it's actually an interesting scenario for timing matters.

saltymacdogg

What happens if you've made the change to your plan to take effect the day your plan is supposed to renew but you won't have sufficient funds to cover the new plan until the next day?

Zhuoyu

Nice job.

gaby_64

Yes I had tried to change the plan more then once, I later added funds, then the plan applied itself without my consent in a broken fashion, which I then did as recommended in this thread, paid the amount due, which applied the plan again.

FIY, im still waiting on the mods to answer, I think I have no choice but to go ahead with a chargeback now

@gaby_64, this looks like you've made an immediate plan change on the same day as your AutoPay was taken from your credit card, and as a result, paid twice.  The previous payment due date was Oct 16, overnight it was charged $30, then between the time it was charged, and the actual renewal, you processed an immediate plan change to the 2GB data package.

lancehuang

great news!

Need Help? Let's chat.