cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Systems Update: Ability to change plan while in suspend

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Have you ever experienced frustration from not being able to change your plan in Self-Serve when your account was in suspend? Well, we’re excited to let you know that, as of today, you’ll be able to do this without having to contact our Moderator Team!

We also thought we’d share some helpful pointers:

1. Changing your plan is a 2-step process, so be sure to complete both steps. Step 1 initiates the change, and step 2 reactivates your account via making a payment (if necessary).
  2. Make sure to review your details carefully before changing your plan. Once you’ve selected “Yes, change my plan”, all features from your current plan will be lost and the plan change will be completed, even if you do not make a payment in the second step.
  3. Top up your account with sufficient funds to cover the remaining amount owing. Since we are a prepaid service, you need to have the funds available for the plan change to fully take effect. If you only have partial funds in your account, or if you do not complete payment after changing your plan, you may be left with no or partial service. We have introduced several warnings to ensure you don’t leave the page without topping up, but figured we should mention it here as well. Note: If you have sufficient funds to cover your new plan, you won’t be taken to the payment menu.

What happens if I don’t take into account the above pointers? What should I do?

In this scenario, your account could still move from suspend to active, re-starting your plan cycle and potentially only reactivating a portion or none of your services.

If you find yourself in this situation, simply make a one-time payment from the “Payment” tab in Self-Serve and opt to pay the “Amount Due”. This will cover the new plan cost less any partial payment that was taken. After successful payment, your services should be fully reactivated.

If your services aren’t restored, please reach out to our Moderator Team ASAP and they will help get things sorted out.

Never changed your plan before? Learn how to here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

97 REPLIES 97

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alan_K can you make multiple plan changes before paying. Ie I make change 1 that cancels my current plan but then realize I actually made a mistake can I make a second plan change?

Then pay?

SD08

Excellent news!  Thanks very much for making this improvement, PM.  I'm sure the overworked moderators also appreciate this as well as the customers.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Great stuff!  Next step is to allow the customer to do early renewal of existing plans when they run out of data.  We are all big boys and girls, we can handle the extra responsibilities. 

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Awesome! This should help reduce the load on mods and hopefully reduce response times. Keep adding these features to self-serve! Smiley Happy  

mimmo

Great news, hopefully it works with out many issues.

And great to see improvements happening faster than they typically have in the past.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This IS great news!

So you're in suspension. Your renewal date is past (of course). Your phone isn't working. I wonder if the successful completion of this change gives you a new 30 day cycle.

Of course...I don't know if suspended renewal restarts the cycle or whether it goes back to the original cycle either :).

srlawren

@Alan_K this is amazing news!!  This comes up quite frequently--I'd guess at least once daily--in the community, people getting stuck and needing to wait for moderator assistance.  Thank you to you and the team for listening to the community's feedback and making this common-sense change.  Very much appreciated!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.