cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share the love: get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

*This offer has been extended to March 31, 2019.

*This offer is online-only.

Hey Community,

From February 14th until March 31st, 2019, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca.
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own so you get credit for the referral.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

FAQs

Spoiler

Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs

1. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards?

Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $25 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $25 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here.

2.I am a Legacy customer. Am I eligible for these rewards?

Legacy customers are not eligible for rewards. However, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.

To learn more about Reward eligibility and Rewards,visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules . If you would like to take advantage of this promotional offer, our support team can help you switch your plan to one that is currently available.

3. As the referral receiver, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit, as well as this $25 Refer a Friend credit?

No, these credits are not stackable. Instead, you will receive a total of $25 via an account credit, rather than the ongoing $10 Refer-a-Friend Reward credit.

4. When does this promotion end?

This promotion will end March 31, 2019 11:59PM ET.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.
  • While Legacy customers are not eligible for Public Mobile Refer a Friend rewards, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
  • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
  • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
  • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• Must activate on a 30 or 90-day plan with Public Mobile.
  • You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile phone number) during your activation.
  • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

460 REPLIES 460

Yes you are right...in the announcement...credit will be appear in your available funds in the next 30 daysSmiley Happy

FBR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just an FYI for others:

I got my $25 referral credit 20 hours after activation.

Still waiting for the $10 off for 6 months. I presume I will only see it in my next 30-day billing cycle?

Pizzaeh

@ace_phone wrote:

I want to text my friends about this! Is there an easy way? Or should I just cut and paste this announcement?

Sure, you can text them the link to the promotion or Publicmobile.ca.  Make sure they get the Sim card and take it home to activate it, not in store. They must enter your public mobile phone number for the referral during online (at home) activation.

Good luck!

ace_phone

I want to text my friends about this! Is there an easy way? Or should I just cut and paste this announcement?

ramankant

Yessss

ramankant

Ehelli

Sbrown917

I activated yesterday and got my referral this am   my friend got his last night   my new bill is now only $3   woo hoo

SriS

I activated my public mobile account last Friday and received both $25 credit on my account and my Friend's account within few hours !
Also received the Autopay reward credit.
PublicMobile_Credit.png

wickedgx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I activated my sim card with a refferal around midnight and I already got my $25 into my account when I checked this morning. Was expecting 72 hours but was not even close!

Yes you can ask to the moderator...here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

And explain that you have forgotten..it happened before...Smiley Happy

Waiting time is few hours to 2 days...Smiley Frustrated

diana1205
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Last night my son activated his account but he forgot to enter my number as his referral, then he tried to fix it by sending request. I bought the sim card and his auto pay is using my credit card number as he is 15.

Is there anyway for me to get the reward? Thank you

@Sbrown917 what do you want to know with update? Which phone do you have? And it's better to post your question in a new topic here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/getting_started

TPBookkeeper

Love this!!!

Sbrown917

Just if anyone had experienced any issues with the update 

@Sbrown917 wrote:

I hate to use this post but I tried to search for another issue (pie) and the search field will not let me type... keyboard doesn't show.  I tried firefox and chrome and desktop browser.

Thanks

What are you looking for information about?

Sbrown917

I hate to use this post but I tried to search for another issue (pie) and the search field will not let me type... keyboard doesn't show.  I tried firefox and chrome and desktop browser.

Thanks

@hamiltonian1981 wrote:

Want to sign up my mother in law to get this bonus but nobody in our family is a member of Public Mobile. Can someone PM me with their number or whatever I need to say you referred me and we will both get the $25. Thanks .

@hamiltonian1981 

Welcome, and hope to see you and your in-law on board soon.  I'm sure that you'll really like the price plans.

hamiltonian1981

Want to sign up my mother in law to get this bonus but nobody in our family is a member of Public Mobile. Can someone PM me with their number or whatever I need to say you referred me and we will both get the $25. Thanks .

Pizzaeh

@Sbrown917 wrote:

I will take note when I receive mine as my friend referred me.  Is there a limit as to how many you can receive in a month, for example?

No limit to the number of referrals; you can refer as many people as you like while the referral credits are $25 each.  The credits will accumulate in your account and will be used to pay for your upcoming payments. 👍🏼

Sbrown917

I will take note when I receive mine as my friend referred me.  Is there a limit as to how many you can receive in a month, for example?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anmolkhurana311 wrote:

I am not receiving $25 as a reference bonus 

When did you activate your plan?

You will get your credit within 72hours after activation.  Usually next morning.

Did you activate online or instore?

$25 credit for online activation

$10 credit for instore activation.

Pizzaeh

@Anmolkhurana311 wrote:

When did you activate your line?

Did you activate online at home and enter the phone number of your Public Mobile friend?

You should see the referral within a day or two.

Anmolkhurana311

Metal1967

@boopvanner 

Make sure you activate online at home..not in store...

boopvanner

Yes you both should get the 25.00 bonus

Yes for sure @Sbrown917 .It's no restriction for the new or old customer!!! Welcome to public mobile for you both!Smiley Happy

Sbrown917

Hi  I just joined public mobile and I'm going to switch my husband as well   will both of us receive the $25 even though I'm new?

Thanks

SB

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SD08 wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

Thanks @SD08 ..my email said it was @Carlos_T ...

@Lieux 

Okay then.  I'm quite sure it was indeed an accident, so I've unmarked the post as solution.  Thanks for letting us know.

@poppinghad one of those the other day too. I see the green check and think what?! In the Announcement topic? An OP of the company gave a solution?

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lieux wrote:

@Lieux 

Okay then.  I'm quite sure it was indeed an accident, so I've unmarked the post as solution.  Thanks for letting us know.

Need Help? Let's chat.