cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SALE! Get a bonus 2GB of data when you activate on a $35/mo plan or higher.

Sarah_D
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Update as of October 26, 2019: This plan is now expired.

Hey Community,

Effective October 18, 2019 until October 25, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering a bonus 2GB of data when you activate on a $35/mo plan or higher for 6 months using promo code BONUSDATA online! This offer is available to new customers only. 

How to Get this Offer:

• Bonus 2GB of data for 6 months: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on a $35/mo plan or higher using promo code BONUSDATA from October 18 until October 25 2019, you will get a bonus 2GB of data every month for 6 months.
    • Eligible customers will have the bonus 2GB of data added to their account within 7 business days. 
    • For help on how to enter a promo code at activation, check out our nifty help article.
  • This offer is not stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team  

44 REPLIES 44

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Sarah_D wrote:

Update as of October 26, 2019: This plan is now expired.

Hey Community,

Effective October 18, 2019 until October 25, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering a bonus 2GB of data when you activate on a $35/mo plan or higher for 6 months using promo code BONUSDATA online! This offer is available to new customers only. 

How to Get this Offer:

• Bonus 2GB of data for 6 months: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on a $35/mo plan or higher using promo code BONUSDATA from October 18 until October 25 2019, you will get a bonus 2GB of data every month for 6 months.
    • Eligible customers will have the bonus 2GB of data added to their account within 7 business days. 
    • For help on how to enter a promo code at activation, check out our nifty help article.
  • This offer is not stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team  

Does anyone know if you continue to recieve the data bonus if you upgrade your plan during the 6 month bonus period?

@nightbrad wrote:

Another fantastic deal from public mobile!

October 25, 2019 was the last day for this promotional offer.

nightbrad

Another fantastic deal from public mobile!

@Aaron1987 wrote:

Can I get my data. I signed up but didn't see promo

It takes up to 7 business days.

@jor123 wrote:

It'd be nice if this was extended to existing customers on plan changes as well...

The offer expired last night, in any event. 

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It'd be nice if this was extended to existing customers on plan changes as well...

Aaron1987
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I get my data. I signed up but didn't see promo

@Pawan wrote:

can i get my old number as well

If your phone number is at a different carrier, and both that carrier and Public Mobile/Telus offers phone numbers for the city of your phone number, you can transfer it to Public Mobile. The number must be still active at the other carrier.

Pawan

can i get my old number as well

Barfanese

I agree with the weird logic theory.  Don't people realize that if we wanted to, we could make a new profile and become new customers?  Or we could try lucky mobile?

@JC29 wrote:

@Korth wrote:

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@Korth wrote:

$38 for Unlimited Canada Talk, Unlimited Text, 7GB 3G Data is still a "hot" deal. 

Too bad it's temporary for 6 months. It would be better if it stayed.

And too bad the offer is only for new activations by new customers. I might be tempted to upgrade my Plan if it was an option for existing customers. 

Same here ... it's like being penalized for being an old customer.  I don't understand the logic.  Happier customers are loyal customers.

@mich2531 wrote:

Sadly, I don't even know if I'm replying to messages correctly lol so I don't know how to get a "second opinion". Everything I do on this site takes me forever lol

@mich2531  Follow @computergeek541 instructions. Regardless consider my earlier advice and consider changing on your next renewal to the $40 plan. The 3.5gb of extra data is well worth the extra $5. Don't worry you'll soon get the hang of things on the community. I haven't been on here very long myself and have grown by leaps and bounds. We're happy to help you along the way.

@mich2531 wrote:

Sadly, I don't even know if I'm replying to messages correctly lol so I don't know how to get a "second opinion". Everything I do on this site takes me forever lol

Asking the moderators again involves opening another ticket through  https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and typing in "contact us".

TmainPMcommunit

Change existing account to this promo not allowed Screenshot_2019-10-25-11-32-36-1.png

mich2531

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello there Michelle, 

Thanks for your message.

I checked your account and I  noticed that you have activated with 35$ plan. The promo code for more data needs to be used during the activation. Unfortunately we can't add it afterwards.

Please check more details here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/apply-a-promo-when-activating-your-plan.

Have an excellent day!

So why not give it if customer met all conditions except using the code? This will just make the customer leave after a month.

No kidding...its called a good will gesture. If you think of the amount of times just walmarthas screwed up a referral code for customers and it's added retroactively. @mich2531  There is one thing I have learned recently is ask for a second opinion. Even though you were the one who made the error there is supposed to be lot of give or take around here. The public mobile site errs all the time and we forgive them. Create a new ticket or private message a different moderator when you see them online. What's the worst that can happen they say no?

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

Last day! The activation has to be made online by 11:59PM EDT.

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello there Michelle, 

Thanks for your message.

I checked your account and I  noticed that you have activated with 35$ plan. The promo code for more data needs to be used during the activation. Unfortunately we can't add it afterwards.

Please check more details here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/apply-a-promo-when-activating-your-plan.

Have an excellent day!

So why not give it if customer met all conditions except using the code? This will just make the customer leave after a month.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello there Michelle, 

Thanks for your message.

Have an excellent day!

mich2531

Yeah, I completely forgot about the code when registering and they won't give me the bonus data after the fact. I'm also not impressed as other companies would overlook the mistake and add it on for you. Not a great first impression of public mobile 😒

Are you an existing PM customer ?  The offer is only available for new customers.

If you are a new customer then submit a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

Tarren

I tried signing up for a $35/month plan to get the bonus data, but it said I couldn't, so I thought I'd have to register for the $35 monthly plan first, and then I could add the promotion code, but it still won't let me. I only signed up for the $35/montly plan to get the promo, and now I'm not getting it. Not too happy because for this price, I could sign up with Koodo (through retentions since my parents both use Koodo). 

@mich2531  No problem were always happy to help here at the community. As a new customer it's a lot to learn when you first start out. Feel free to hang out...ask questions, mark solutions, bravo posts, search stuff in the search bar, read the help and knowledge articles, post your questions in your own thread to get dedicated answers and bravo other users posts. It will all help you learn about public mobile and how to manage your account and phone. Your participation gets noticed and you may even earn a community reward for your effort. Everyone's contribution adds value to the community. Welcome to public mobile.

@mich2531  Keep this in mind going forward. Once the 6 months of bonus data is up you should consider upping your plan to the $40 plan. You get 5gb of data rather than only 1.5gb with the $35 plan. (With autopay) You could ask the moderators to do this for you now (they may or may not) explaining you made a mistake choosing the $35....if that is the case you would want to add the extra $5 immeadiately for them to consider it.

mich2531

Thank you!

@mich2531  You would have to ask the moderators if they would be willing to add it retroactively. Click on (?) At the bottom right of your screen. Ask simple Simon to talk to a moderator. He will fill out a service ticket for you. The moderators will get back to you via private message. Explain your situation and they will hopefully add the promo code and give you the data bonus.

mich2531

I'm just newly signed up for the $35 plan but forgot to add the promo code when I registered. Is there any way I can still have it added???

JC29
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Korth wrote:

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@Korth wrote:

$38 for Unlimited Canada Talk, Unlimited Text, 7GB 3G Data is still a "hot" deal. 

And too bad the offer is only for new activations by new customers. I might be tempted to upgrade my Plan if it was an option for existing customers. 

Same here ... it's like being penalized for being an old customer.  I don't understand the logic.  Happier customers are loyal customers.

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@Korth wrote:

@Korth wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:

@Korth Promo code and referral code can be used together as they are 2 seperate boxes.

Excellent! Thanx @PM for making it easy to get a few referrals. Smiley Very Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.