cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback or Escalate CS Claim?

AK32
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is there a way to leave feedback on a customer service agent or escalate an issue to a higher up?

I have been given misinformation by a CS Agent, and when kindly explaining what he is suggesting does not make sense, he starts to give me attitude...

To be specific, i was requesting to see if i could change to the new plan at $21/month, my current plan is $24/month for the same features. He says "The existing clients can take the plan for new activations only under the rule the value of your current plan plan needs to be equal or more, with the one of the new plan and sadly you don't qualify for this change"

I replied "my current plan is $24, i would like to switch to the new $21 plan, so by your rules shouldnt i qualify?"

he then replies "In order to qualify, the value of your current plan needs to be equal or more with the value of the new plan you want to activate. Basically you need a plan of $24 (+taxes) or higher."

I replied, "i do have a $24 plan, meaning my current plan IS equal or more than the value of the new plan i want to activate"

CS Agent replies "Since when 21 is equal or more than 24 ?"

This is really poor service. He is either mistaken on what my plan is (after telling him several times), or he is mistake on his own "rule" that he gave me. Either way the attitude was not necessary for a mistake HE made.

15 REPLIES 15

RavingRaven

Hello,

I would like to apologize to anyone I may have offended with my earlier comments ( now removed) regarding using the term "ESL" (English as a Second Language). I honestly had no idea that this term is outdated and is derogatory in certain instances. Newer more acceptable terms such as "EAL" (English as an Additional Language), "ESOL" (English for Speakers of Other Languages), "ELL" (English Language Learners) or "CLD" (Culturally and Linguistically Diverse) are more acceptable terms.

Given the context of the conversation and these new terms I've learned today I should have used "CLD" as I only meant that the person is fluent in more than one language something I admire since apparently I am not even fluent in my own language let alone another language or more.

But I digress and I hope you accept my deepest apologies and I will try to not use "outdated" terms in future. I had no idea there was such a thing as an Urban Dictionary" but I should reference it more often to be more sensitive to others.

RavingRaven

@AK32 

Have you specifically said you are going to file a complaint with the CCTS?

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

Hey @AK32 

CS Agent replies "Since when 21 is equal or more than 24 ?"

I think if the agent placed a smiley face at the end, there may have been a bit of humor there. And in my experience with these agents, you have to realize that sometimes, when typing, context is misunderstood. I know myself if I saw that I'd be like.... DOH!!! And laughed.

Email is the WORST way of communication! What your sentence means to you might have different meaning to other party.

Even with phone calls you can determine content from sound of voice, pauses, or other clues.
Ideal is face-to-face where you can see all response and clues from other party. But some people like to hide behind emails and are not comfortable to talk in person.

AK32

Thanks, i will look into that if i dont receive a response. I suppose that is the only way to hold a CS agent accountable by the looks of it.

funpig1

@AK32 

If you feel you have been treated unreasonably by PM customer service, you may wish to consider filing a complaint with the CCTS. Good luck.

AK32

Thank you for the advice. I have asked him but it seems he is ignoring my messages after saying "I will not respond to any questions related to this topic."  Since he is basically refusing to escalate, i sent a brand new message thread to CS Agent hoping someone different will answer and direct me. 

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AK32 , I agree,  still push for an escalation. They cannot refuse.  Tell them you'll write to head office. If you look it up it I believe it's 25 Bay St.

Mind you, the escalated is not for the plan switch as they have a right to deny it.

It is for they way you feel treated and because they are not listening and giving you incorrect information,  you want to speak to someone higher up so that management can see the way the customers are being treated. Rudely and with incorrect,  inconsistent information. 

AK32

I do understand what you are saying, and i even agree with you that it makes sense.   My issue is with the CS agent repeatedly giving me incorrect information. and then giving attitude when i politely asked for clarification.  Then when i asked to speak to someone higher up he says ""I will not respond to any questions related to this topic."   

This is really poor customer service, imagine if there was a real issue at hand and this is the only individual able to "help" customers. I have lost a lot of faith in PM today.

I admit, it's hit and miss for most people. 

And @AK32 sorry, I misread what they wrote. But yes, they are more flexible moving you to an equal $24 plan or higher plan. Not lower. 

funpig1

@AK32 @Chalupa_Batman @TheSterlinger 

There is too much inconsistency dealing with PM. 

In January, PM switched me from $25 to a $29 New activation only plan. I was also told the same thing that as long as I upgraded to a more expensive plan, the PM agent would switch it for me. 

However, last month I tried to switch from a $15 plan the $21 new activation plan and was flatly denied. They told me that PM no longer allows existing customers to switch to any new activation plan at all.

AK32

I agree with what you are saying, he probably was incorrect with what he said. My issue is i tried to clarify several times and multiple times he stated "the value of your current plan needs to be equal or more with the value of the new plan you want to activate." 
And then got snarky when i told him my current plan ($24) IS equal or more than the new plan ($21).

I took your advice and asked to be directed to a manager, and his response:
"I will not respond to any questions related to this topic."

Unbelievable, one of the worst customer service experiences ive had. 

AK32

Unfortunately you are wrong about the humor, his next response to me asking to speak to a manager was "I will not respond to any questions related to this topic."

I understand what YOU are saying, but please read what i have copied and pasted from the message with the CS agent. he said "In order to qualify, the value of your current plan needs to be equal or more with the value of the new plan you want to activate." 
I believe he probably meant "the value of your current plan needs to be equal or LESS than the new plan" in other words, they only want to switch it if it increases the plan rate.  However, he repeated multiple times that my current plan needs to be equal or "more" than the new plan, which technically it is.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @AK32 

CS Agent replies "Since when 21 is equal or more than 24 ?"

I think if the agent placed a smiley face at the end, there may have been a bit of humor there. And in my experience with these agents, you have to realize that sometimes, when typing, context is misunderstood. I know myself if I saw that I'd be like.... DOH!!! And laughed.

But yes, This is correct. If you are currently on the $24 plan then the plan to transfer to is $24 or more. So the agent is correct. The other option you can do is to port out to another service and then port back in as a new customer. It's a little bit of work but it works.

Just know, I really don't think this agent was trying to be rude or snarky, I think they may have been trying to have some humor with you and it just got lost in context. Of course, this is just conjecture. 🙂 

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AK32  I would ask to be directed to manger. They cannot refuse. If they are the manger then ask to escalate further.

However,  you are aking for a downgrade. They don't normally downgrade only upgrade,  so they are unfortunately correct, probably just written incorrectly. 

Need Help? Let's chat.