cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor customer service with MOD - Where and who to escalate?

babyycake
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Community,

Does anyone know if there is any way for us to escalate issues?
I have had a POOR interaction with a mod here - Gregory. Literally wasted a few hours already.

It was my first time contacting Public Mobile directly to inquire about my account.

Gregory's resolution was to remove credits from my account due to an error in Public Mobile's system. Therefore, placing the fault on me as a customer which he believes is justified as he stated - "you thought that you were not receiving enough rewards, when in fact you were receiving too much".

I told him repeatedly to put himself in the customer's perspective, but nope - not getting anywhere at all.

I would appreciate some feedback from anyone with regards to escalating or if there are better mods @CS_Agent out here who can offer better assistance.

Thanks in advance.

15 REPLIES 15

Alain007
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

CRTC or even Telus ... hopefully they’ll spark their butts !!!!! 

@babyycake So what happened at the end, and its solution?

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

See how fast been resolved another happy dude , please bare in mind, this is prepaid online services,as you know already the phone company without the phone or Customers Services

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@babyycake,

So far, my experience with the Mods has been good. I hope everything works out for you. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Completley agree wth @ShawnC13

There is/was a bug that gave people extra referal rewards.  and there is also a bug that will remove rewards. 

If there is a happy error enjoy it and don't mention it,  if it is an unhappy one then ask for it to be fixed.  I have encountered both and done both.  I  also manually track my referal rewards in excel so if an issue arrises i can say this number is missing.  PM will not/can not  search for  missing credits unless you tell them the affected numbers.

Not sure your exact situation or what happened but PM has the right to remove unwarented credits. 

@babyycake, when you say referral credit removed. Were you receiving more credit then actually earned that they were just correcting it?  If that is the case they have a right to adjust to the correct amount and they aren't removing any just correcting it.  Now if they went back in time that would be something to be upset about.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

babyycake

@will13am

Yes, the ticket was issued to have referral credits removed from my account.

However, upon my most recent interaction with @MarieHelene_L, she was very understanding and made every effort to address the problem at hand.

@babyycake wrote:

@will13amYes - I'm quite surprised as well.

Before, I had interacted with someone called Mary through PM Facebook Messenger regarding account inquiries. Great customer service. Very empathetic and kind.

However, now that I cannot contact use that option, I was directed to Gregory. A whole new experience I must say. I have made referrals in the past, and now I no longer plan to refer anyone else to PM. 

@babyycake, we are all humans.  Over reacting is never the final solution to anything.  I am sure all things will work out in the end.  By chance is your issue related to losing referral credits?  They had to a do a counter reset for my account.  The mods will issue a ticket to the back office to take care of that. 

babyycake

@MarieHelene_L

Thank you for your response.

To give you a better idea of my interaction, I have private messaged you directly.
Unfortunately, the reason why I'm upset is because I will be penalized for an error in PM system. When I was trying to communicate this, Gregory simply did not understand me.

Overall, I think it would be beneficial when MODs think in the customer's perspective. I had reached out for clarification regarding my account, not for adjustments and credits to be removed from my account - Gregory informed that he created a ticket for this.

babyycake

@will13amYes - I'm quite surprised as well.

Before, I had interacted with someone called Mary through PM Facebook Messenger regarding account inquiries. Great customer service. Very empathetic and kind.

However, now that I cannot contact using that option, I was directed to Gregory. A whole new experience I must say. I have made referrals in the past, and now I no longer plan to refer anyone else to PM. 

@ute1978 wrote:

Why do I have the feeling that this is a case of what we Germans call "as you shout into the woods, so it echoes back out"?

@ute1978

You had me spill my coffee on the keyboard...

Was thinking exactly the same when I saw the original post, but ended up not typing it, partly because it's hard to tell in this community whether some stuff is just language barrier or plain old passive aggressiveness. The other part is that I still haven't found a proper Canadian equivalent for that saying...

wrote:

I can't say that I have received this type of treatment from any of the moderators that I have dealt with.  They are generally empathetic and give me the benefit of the doubt.  Perhaps the oracles can weigh in on escalating concerns. 

There have been some concerns regarding some mods since the email and social media support migration. They are not familiar with the community and not well trained. I guess this will resolve itself over-time. But, we all know Shazia, Mary or MarieH are all awesome at what they do. Issues like this can always be forwarded to them or brought their attention to. They are the ones to pass the message onto them and avoid such interactions in the future. 

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Why do I have the feeling that this is a case of what we Germans call "as you shout into the woods, so it echoes back out"?

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey @babyycake

I just verified with my colleague Gregory and I can confirm that he did not remove any credit from your account. We will never penalize you for something that isn't your fault! He simply opened a ticket to our tech team to have them look into it and make sure you receive the proper reward amount. 

Maybe you were receiving too much referral rewards, and if it's the case, our team will adjust it for future billing cycles. If you were not receiving enough rewards, our team will also adjust it to make sure you receive what you're supposed to! 

I'm sorry about the confusion dear, 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I can't say that I have received this type of treatment from any of the moderators that I have dealt with.  They are generally empathetic and give me the benefit of the doubt.  Perhaps the oracles can weigh in on escalating concerns. 

Need Help? Let's chat.