cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re “subscription” & new Rewards Points

55googler
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
1.  Got a bit of a scare this morning signing into my account (based on seeing higher billed amount on cc) & realize this is month #2 of the new program.  The scare was (is?) that at the top of my home page it states “Your services are on hold” and Subscription Expiration Date shows today, but billing shows up today on our credit card.  Not sure if that “warning” is a usual every month as I haven’t checked it for ages (on the most basic plan $15/mo & was previously paying net $10 with -$2 auto billing + -$3 loyalty discounted).  The phone still works to send & receive texts, so is the “warning” just a usual until the account actually records the automatic billing (which should be by end of today, based on my current billing cycle)?
2.  I have now read the various FAQs re the new Public Points program…5%, so I am now getting equivalent of .75 off vs actual $5 off PER MONTH (& I did get PM’s one-time $5 bonus!), & cannot claim that until reaching $15!  Certainly no gain for a customer!  Anything I am missing?  I haven’t been successful with new referrals, & probably even harder now.
Thx for any comments.
10 REPLIES 10

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

those are just marketing terms 🙂

but yes, if you get better plan, yeah, take it

but PM still have a 5% rewards points, not many in mobile carrier has that

Mckrob

I was told that the new program is better . I dont see that at all . Same where my $7.00 i was getting off now no where close .. time to shop around a new carrier i see.  

Dave_PM

I also see this message on mobile phone. But when I login from the web, there is no issue in the account or subscription or payment method.

I am going to ignore the mobile phone message

55googler

No referrals as I say (yet), & no Community either except for me to ask something (seldom), so yes, $41 extra per year.  Still a cheap plan for me.  BION, our 2nd phone is through 7-Eleven - $25 + tax PER YEAR...basic but all that we need for a 2nd phone & that IS cheap!

When we go to Europe we usually get a SIM card for that country so we can make a call if necessary.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Everything you said is correct.

NOW yearly cost for lowest plan ($15) is $161+tax. If you have referrals and are active in Community it could be less.
Some customers have a lot of referrals so their cost is actually free for basic service.

slusagm

yup, correct , as said above, Everyone just collecting 5% points , and friend referrals in points, and 10 points once every year

so, the one who referred you still earning points

@55googler  Correct you will get 10 points on your anniversary and 1 point every 30 days for each friend referral 

55googler

Thank you both for quick replies!

Woohoo then!  I did miss seeing the 10 points annually for loyalty!

What I also have read several times over to make sure I am getting the point (pun intended) is the 1 point every 30 days for referrals, which I guess is not too shabby to earn $12 annually for that (so our friends who referred us are still earning!).

slusagm

1. if your service is up, you can ignore the warning.  You can also call *611 and confirm when then next payment date

2. yes, everyone now on Public Points.  The good days of lots of rewards are gone.  You didn't miss anything but nothing you can do either.  Everyone just collecting 5% points , and friend referrals in points, and 10 points once every year

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@55googler  Yep that’s pretty much it 

Need Help? Let's chat.