cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile SIMs available for sale on Amazon!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

As you know, we’ve been on a journey over the last few years, expanding the many places Canadians can find, buy and activate on Public Mobile. Today, we’re excited to announce that our SIM cards can now be purchased directly from Amazon.ca!  If you’re looking for added convenience or extra-speedy delivery, this route may be for you. Sweet!

Perks of buying from Amazon

• Simple and convenient buying platform 
  • Amazon-supported order tracking + payment/refund solutions
  • Enjoy free shipping as an Amazon Prime user OR with a minimum purchase amount

To purchase a SIM from Amazon, visit this link. Don’t forget to rate us and give us a review while you’re at it 🙂

You can still order a SIM from Publicmobile.ca HERE with free shipping if Amazon isn’t for you.

-Public Mobile Community Team

88 REPLIES 88

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Alan_K wrote:

@sa7375 wrote:

@Alan_K 

Great idea but with the added shipping the cost at Amazon ads to $15.85 (see snapshot pasted below). Ideally it should be competitive if one was to buy it from PM direct.

Interestingly, another seller at Amazon (Alvina) is pricing the SIM at $3.02 + shipping $6.98 = $10,00 total makes it logical (see 2nd snapshot). 

Suggestion. PM should price its SIM on the same lines as Alivna to make it competitive. 

SIM at Amazon.jpg

SIM at Amazon-2.jpg

Hi @sa7375 , the SIM is $10 and shipping is free if you have a purchase basket of $35, or if you're a Prime member. While we'd love to align all our options at Amazon to $10, Amazon provides some added benefits and scale compared to regular Canada Post service. Note that we still offer free shipping via Shopify Smiley Happy

We always recommend doing business with authorized dealers to ensure authenticity of your SIM card and other purchase safety benefits.

@Alan_K 

No debate if a user picks up the options (Prime or $35 shopping cart) you mention. I highlighted the discrepancy for one and just one reason alone that the optics of PM must look as good — or even better — than any of its competitors. Perhaps you'll appreciate that a person opting for PM services is likely to be a cost-conscious client and may not feel good about a $5 anomaly.

At the end of the day though you are a better judge to decide what policy to implement.

Ali_F
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

That is AMAZING! I bet the SIMs are fulfilled by Amazon, right?

porkchopbread
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

are you sure people outside the centre of the universe pat GST only? source? i live in BC and i paid $11.19 for a PM sim card. that is GST + PST

@sa7375 

The "Alvina" is a brand new seller account with no history and unknown inventory levels (could simply be reselling a single SIM they changed mind about using)

At $10 (incl shipping) Alvina is selling at a loss so unless Alvina is a cellular store with large inventory the comparison is irrelevant

@sa7375 wrote:

@Alan_K 

Great idea but with the added shipping the cost at Amazon ads to $15.85 (see snapshot pasted below). Ideally it should be competitive if one was to buy it from PM direct.

Interestingly, another seller at Amazon (Alvina) is pricing the SIM at $3.02 + shipping $6.98 = $10,00 total makes it logical (see 2nd snapshot). 

Suggestion. PM should price its SIM on the same lines as Alivna to make it competitive. 

SIM at Amazon-2.jpg

Very huge step as it increases availability for many people (even non-Canadians)

Cat Happy

SomeFriend
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The point of Amazon is for people who already have Amazon Prime and enjoy getting it two days or less free of charge!  If it’s just free shipping and a SIM that you want, just order from Public Mobile directly.

Also, people ordering from Amazon may pay extra taxes.  People of Ontario already pay the same amount and anyone who doesn’t have PST or HST won’t be affected but Amazon will charge you PST or HST, while Public Mobile will only charge GST anywhere outside of Ontario.

Shipping kills the deal. Should have been included.

Roger3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Congratulations Public Mobile. Huge convenience to newcomers. 

selva1

Well done Public Mobile and you have thought outside the box. You have done a fantastic job by venturing with Amazon.

@sunflowershine wrote:

It will be great if the SIM doesn't work. 

This is where having Amazon fill the order will have come in handy.  The customer can go through Amazon's automated return process or call into Amazon customer service to get a replacement.

bridonca

Not that I am against Amazon, but eBay seems to be the go to place to order SIM cards.  Free shipping with no restrictions.  An independent seller is offering SIM cards for $8.  https://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Public-Mobile-Regular-Micro-Nano-3in1-Prepaid-Sim-Card-4G-LTE-Canada-Tra...

@Alan_K wrote:

@sa7375 wrote:

@Alan_K 

Great idea but with the added shipping the cost at Amazon ads to $15.85 

SIM at Amazon.jpg

SIM at Amazon-2.jpg

Hi @sa7375 , the SIM is $10 and shipping is free if you have a purchase basket of $35, or if you're a Prime member. While we'd love to align all our options at Amazon to $10, Amazon provides some added benefits and scale compared to regular Canada Post service. Note that we still offer free shipping via Shopify Smiley Happy

We always recommend doing business with authorized dealers to ensure authenticity of your SIM card and other purchase safety benefits.

Are there any plans to sell on Amazon but skip the Amazon fulfilment?   Fulfilled by Amazon works great for Prime members who will get next day delivery, but for those who purchase $35 worth of product from Amazon, free standard shipping can be outright slow.

Amazon tends to use the equivalent of Canada Post Expedited (vs. Xpresspost that Public Mobile uses) for free standard shipping orders, and will sometimes sit on an order a week or two before sending it out.

Since these orders are being fulfilled by Amazon, returns will be possible.  If Amazon were to ask the customer to physically return the sim card,  are there steps in place to ensure such a sim card doesn't get resold to the next person?  I know that Amazon would not sell a sim card again if it appeared to be used, but there are times when a sim card could appear to be unused and never taken out of the package, but actually be activated.

I've noticed another product listing for Public Mobile sim cards that says "Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca".  I do wonder if there is a possiblity of of these getting bundled in with cell phone devices sold directly by Amazon that have been confirmed to work with Public Mobile. 

ooakosiryan

Congrats!! This is great news! I have Amazon Prime, so I would get it really fast, and it woudln't cost me any extra Smiley Very Happy

For friends and family I refer in the future, I may offer to order for them and have Amazon deliver it to them for their convenience. Thanks!

Good move to increase options. 

dna2016

WOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, this is a huge step.  Amazing job PM on continually finding ways to simplify the customer experience.  This is hopefully the beginning of the end of Walmart complaints, lol.

sunflowershine

It will be great if the SIM doesn't work. 

Bell3

Great News! Partnership bring good synergy.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Most people don't buy a single item when they order from Amazon. Doesn't take long to get to free shipping. Not sure if it's in the plan, but it would be a great opportunity for advertising on checkout. Imagine having a 75 dollar cell plan and you see for $10, you can unlock the door to a much cheaper solution. Easy impulse purchase. I'm finding out that very few people know their options in the marketplace, but mostof them feel their current price is too high.

Alan_K

@sa7375 wrote:

@Alan_K 

SIM at Amazon.jpg

SIM at Amazon-2.jpg

JackQuint

@sa7375 wrote:

@Alan_K 

SIM at Amazon.jpg

SIM at Amazon-2.jpg

Really only makes sense if you're a Prime member ... then no shipping (and possibly same day delivery depending where you live).

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This will be fantastic for universalizing the brand.  I assume that shipping will be international and not just to Canada.  Not every Canadian has Amazon prime membership and so this option would mean nothing to them as it would cost more and not yield much better shipping times.  The next step would be to augment the payment options, perhaps more ways official to buy vouchers online and using international payment cards.

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Alan_K 

SIM at Amazon.jpg

SIM at Amazon-2.jpg

smp99

And Prime Day is only 2 weeks away. 

Actually this is very good. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Great for people with Amazon Prime with 2 days shipping and live far away from PM retail partners stores.

mh1983

Very nice! Hooking into this online retail giant opens up a few doors, I think. Keep it up!

PMFanatic

Awesome! I'm a fanatic of Amazon too. Combining two great online services ==> genius!!! Smiley Happy

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Wow this is a pretty big step!!  Prime as well why order online lol.  Actually unless retail is giving free sims I wouldn't even go to them now that Amazon has them

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

That is great news !  It gives customers more buying options and more convenience. 

Need Help? Let's chat.