cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: PROMO: $35 2GB Plan Limited Time Offer

@darlicious wrote:

@Brandinium  Too bad you dont have a quebec phone # you would save an extra $5. Curiously is Hull no longer Hull and now called Gatineau?

Are existing customers in Quebec gettting the $5 off?  I know that new customers signing up from Quebec get it, but I haven't seen what it says inside self serve for existing customers.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@computergeek541 my previous/current plan was 3G as well, and when you break it down it’s the same amount of data (6gb/90-days = 2gb/30-days) and now I can call nation-wide instead of only Ontario. I agree that I like having the time to think about it but this $35 plan seems to be the better deal. 

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Brandinium wrote:

@computergeek541 my previous/current plan was 3G as well, and when you break it down it’s the same amount of data (6gb/90-days = 2gb/30-days) and now I can call nation-wide instead of only Ontario. I agree that I like having the time to think about it but this $35 plan seems to be the better deal. 

I guess most of us guessed wrong about an LTE-speed plan.  You really didn't have anything to to lose then. There is an argument that a 90 day plan allows the customer more options when it comes to ussage patterns, such as being able to bank unused data towards the end of the 90 days and then have extra to use if it wasn't used earlier. That is true but it can always work the other way around where a customer uses much of the data early on in the 90 days.

Highlighted

I signed up for the offer but ever since I changed my plan to it, I can't text anyone or recieve texts. 

Anytime I try to, I get a text from public mobile saying Sorry, your current plan does not include text messaging. To update your plan to include texting and for info about your account visit selfserve.publicmobile.ca.

Is anyone having the same problem?

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The new 2GB $35 plan says that previous non-stackable promotions will be removed when switching to this new plan. Wondering if the following are non-stackable? 

Data & Add-Ons
$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on
$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)
1GB at 3G Speed
1GB Promo
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@cnmcclain 

@cnmcclain wrote:

The new 2GB $35 plan says that previous non-stackable promotions will be removed when switching to this new plan. Wondering if the following are non-stackable? 

Data & Add-Ons
$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on
$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)
1GB at 3G Speed
1GB Promo

Those add ons will be transferred to your new plan. Usually recommend changing plans at next renewal though.  PM does not prorate plans.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@SunnyK 

@SunnyK wrote:

I signed up for the offer but ever since I changed my plan to it, I can't text anyone or recieve texts. 

Anytime I try to, I get a text from public mobile saying Sorry, your current plan does not include text messaging. To update your plan to include texting and for info about your account visit selfserve.publicmobile.ca.

Is anyone having the same problem?

@SunnyK 

Does your self service account show the new plan?  

Maybe try rebooting your phone.  Network reset.  Toggle airplane mode on, then off. 

Highlighted

What is the Quebec deal?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Import_from_NS 

@Import_from_NS wrote:

What is the Quebec deal?

Same deal with extra $5 per month discount.  I think only for new customers though.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/plans

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Import_from_NS 

Yeah, @Dunkman is right. It is only for new customers / activations from Quebec