Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROMO: $35 2GB Plan Limited Time Offer

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting May 12th, 2020 our current promotion of 500MB of bonus data on the $35 plan will be available in Self-Serve, meaning it is available for existing customers. This will be available for a limited time. 

What does this mean for you? 

For a limited time, existing customers can change their rate plan to the following:

• $35 per 30 days
  • 1GB + 500MB BONUS data at 3G speeds (per 30 days)
  • 500MB BONUS data when you sign up for auto-pay (per 30 days)
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text

Important things to know: 

• Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed
  • Previous promotions that have been applied to the account that have been indicated as ‘non-stackable’ will be removed when you switch to this plan. To see if a promotion you currently have applied to your account is ‘non-stackable’ please check the terms of that specific promotion. 
  • If you are already on the $35 plan and would like to receive the bonus data, you will have to switch your plan in Self-Serve

How to get this offer: 

1.Log in on Self Serve

2.Go to “Plan and Add-ons”

3.Select “Change Plan”

4.Select the ready-made plan “$35 for 1.5GB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Team

313 REPLIES 313

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@gpixel 

$35/3gb! let's go= $33/3gb(ap) destroys Lucky's offer”

Lucky’s got the $30 for 2 GB plan. 
PM needs to match that first. 

homer

Why the $30 2GB promo is unavailable to existing customers in QC? 

Colinh90
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think they are commissioned to sell the higher tier brands, When I switched to public they try to get me to go with Koodo or Virgin, And they pressured me real good but I kept declining and said no.

Colinh90

@gpixel When I'm out I keep my YouTube video set at 240p, It's just that I'm always out and about and I also rely on Google Maps heavily, are usually use between four and six GB of data a month But I wouldn't feel comfortable having 5, The 8gig plan is perfect. And I appreciate your advice and help.

TMS

@Colinh90 

That kiosk worker should be fired. Lol 😂 

@Colinh90

if you watch YouTube don't forget to lower the quality level to either 360p or 480p for more data savings. on a small screen 480p looks as good as 1080p. check your data savings and maybe you'll be able to downgrade to the $40/5gb plan

seems like you're a pretty good sales person! next time offer your referral code to start saving more quickly! in a few months you can easily get that into the double digits

👍

Colinh90

@TMS LOL The thing is, once you get dependent on data it's hard to go back,  I i rely on public transit, so I need to have Google maps and my bus schedule with me at all times, And I need to know if there's any delays with the buses or trains So I can take alternative routes if I need to... Plus it's always nice listening to YouTube videos on long bus rides or during my breaks at work because I have no Wi-Fi at work... 

Colinh90

The sad part with public though is that the mobile kios peoples always talk new customers into going with the likes of virgin or Koodo.  The other day I convinced a random stranger to go to public because of the discounts of auto pay, and one dollar off your bill every year for up to 5 years.. originally the person was going to go with Public but the kiosk woman persuaded him into Virgin by saying that Public had no tech-support, but I persuaded him back to his original decision With the auto pay, and the dollar off every year for five years, and I mentioned the online forms he can go for help..

@Colinh90 wrote:

With all these data plans I've had over the Last five years, it's clear that I get around🤣

Originally I was with  freedom 2015,I stayed with them Until I started my new job in 2019 Because freedom wasn't reliable, then I switched to lucky mobile because it was reliable, they pushed me into one of those Lucky to virgin migration plans So I went for it, and I felt very duped for paying higher prices for LTE because they weren't any better than what I had with lucky, So I dumped virgin mobile and went with public a month ago.. I an't paying $65 for eight gigs of data with virgin, And I will not be switching to any public to Koodo migration plans... I've learned my lesson once and I'm not gonna fall for it a second time ..My bill with virgin mobile was so high because they kept bombarding me with random fees

Good for you doing the math and making choices based on math / needs. I think you'll find PM has the better balance for cost and plan options.

I'm surprised that people stay with their expensive plans when PM offers are just as good or better....for much less $$. In some cases it's Mom and Dad paying the phone bill so who cares !!

There are no random fees to deal with here....if you didn't pay for something ahead of time, you don't have it and you won't get dinged for it later.

Welcome to Public Mobile.

Colinh90

@TMS I agree, those migration plans are just garbage, they trap you and then they rape you with fees month after month making your bill hugely inflated.. My highest bill with virgin was $80 and i had no idea what any of the fees were for. I was like screw this I'm out of here, so I cancelled and moved here and honestly I couldn't be any happier, and with the two dollar discount for auto pay, and one dollar off every year for five years.. my 8gb plan will be $43 plus tax after five years.. Can't really beat that.. 

TMS

@Colinh90 

I don’t blame ya! Freedom is spotty. 
Migration offers are all smoke and mirrors in my opinion. 

Colinh90

With all these data plans I've had over the Last five years, it's clear that I get around🤣

Originally I was with  freedom 2015,I stayed with them Until I started my new job in 2019 Because freedom wasn't reliable, then I switched to lucky mobile because it was reliable, they pushed me into one of those Lucky to virgin migration plans So I went for it, and I felt very duped for paying higher prices for LTE because they weren't any better than what I had with lucky, So I dumped virgin mobile and went with public a month ago.. I an't paying $65 for eight gigs of data with virgin, And I will not be switching to any public to Koodo migration plans... I've learned my lesson once and I'm not gonna fall for it a second time ..My bill with virgin mobile was so high because they kept bombarding me with random fees

TMS

@Colinh90 

Then you got the old fogeys like me  still on the old $10 plan with zero data. Lol 😂 

Colinh90

I've had lucky before joining public, and the throttle Speed's were not worth it. I'd rather have seven dollars off my bill at the end of five years then have 128kps, I use anywhere between 4 and 6 GB of data so I chose the 8 gig plan.. 

$35/3gb! let's go= $33/3gb(ap) destroys Lucky's offer

TMS

@computergeek541 

it is a horrible plan. A joke. 🙂

The $35 plan cannot make PM look good. 

@BVokey wrote:

Why would the Quebec plan be different?

This is likely the result of Videtron/Fizz operating in Quebec.  

Let's never mind about Fizz or even Lucky's current $30 promotion for all provinces. This $35 plan that includes 2GB is just a bad deal, even when comapred to Public Mobile's regular priced plans. 

Colinh90

128kbps It's actually really terrible, freedom mobile throttles  around 236kbps and you can still use it but with struggle, I've had Luckys throttled 128kbps And it's so useable you can't even load Google.com with it.. 

BVokey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why would the Quebec plan be different?

TMS

@gpixel Whaoooo! 🤠

let’s see how PM responds to Lucky’s plan first. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@TMS not too sure. maybe you should just take the leap and switch. if you don't have many rewards, I would do it

haha smart cookie, you are!

what would be better, pm matching the offer of $30/2gb or offering unlimited data on the 3g data speed plans including the $15 plan?

TMS

83A2736E-4166-4670-9980-44F9410677A2.jpeg

Looks like the $25 1GB plan also has the 128 Kbps (and $40 and $50 plans too). However, the $15 plan does not advertise this. Can anyone confirm or not whether the $15 plan has the unlimited data after using the 250MB?

TMS

@smp99 

The unlimited data after your 2GB is used up is flipping AMAZING!!!

Great Job Lucky Mobile!!!

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Lucky Mobile has reduced the price of this plan to $30 for all provinces now, not just Quebec.

PLUS - unlimited data at 128kbps after 2GB is used up.

"Limited Time" - so who knows how long 

TrishG2008
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Public (Telus), Lucky (Bell) use the same towers.

Colinh90

@TMS

How did you find Lucky Mobile’s service overall??

Well, the coverage, and the speed, the reception  etc.. everything is exactly the same since both run on the same towers, the prices are the same or very similar because unlike Lucky mobile, Public gives you two dollar discount for auto pay, and they give you the chance to deduct even more through friend referrals and being active on this form.. Another  difference between Lucky and Public is that Lucky has a  phone tech-support rather than online forms... Otherwise everything is exactly the same except for Lucky has phone support, while Public gives you two dollar discount for auto pay, + they deduct a dollar from your bill every year for up to five years.. Public mobile users do have to be a bit more tech savvy due to the lack of traditional support. Another major difference between public and lucky is that with lucky you can get a sim card much easier because they are sold at Canada's biggest dollar store (Dollarama) for 4 bucks vs a mobile Khios for 10 bucks.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

@rentme1987 

It depends on where you live but pm sim cards are widely available . There are 9 different locations within a 10 minute walk of my house in vancouver that you can purchase a sim card for public mobile. Small businesses aside in western canada they can also be purchased at london drugs, best buy,  celluriffic, koodo ( i dont recommend activating there), TMS,  Mobilicity and countless others. Check out the store locator map.

@rentme1987 When problem arise, people expect problem been solved in timely fashion, this sending message back and forth is inefficient. I mean would you constantly checking your message? People are busy, especially when kids are at home and still have to dealing with work tasks

i totally agree with your statement and this is also one of my complaints against pm. but what I've learned to do is avoid them at all costs. you don't really need them at all. you just need to learn how to avoid certain scenarios/causes, that involve your service to be deactivated

the most brought issue that comes up in the forums is auto-pay. don't rely on it, this commonly fails on all 3 carriers. 

each carrier has their respective area where they excel in

• Public - rewards, lowered bill
  • Lucky - best features, closest to a top tier provider
  • Chatr - best customer service

do you want to save money and get the best bang for your buck?

do you need features like esim, universal network call blocking, phone support etc.?

do you rely heavily on a customer support to guide you?

rentme1987

All three low tire brand, Lucky, Chatr and Public Mobile are pretty much toss up when it comes to purchase SIM card. 

Chatr is available at Wow Mobile, Some Rogers store, Costco (big one, if you shop at Costco), Walmart and Amazon. 

Lucky is available at Wow Mobile, Walmart, Costco, Dollarama ( you get 20 dollars Dollarama gift card when you top up second month) and Amazon. 

Public Mobile: Wow Mobile, Walmart, Mobile Shop (I guess?) and Amazon. 

I would say Lucky Mobile SIM is most accessible. There are lots of people who shop at both Costco and Dollarama. They can easily pick one up during their shopping trip. 

rentme1987

Yes. The moderator is helpful and friendly. So big shoutout to them. But the moderator model is inefficient and time consuming. 

When problem arise, people expect problem been solved in timely fashion, this sending message back and forth is inefficient. I mean would you constantly checking your message? People are busy, especially when kids are at home and still have to dealing with work tasks. 

Need Help? Let's chat.