cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: PROMO: $35 2GB Plan Limited Time Offer

@Triguy wrote:

It is a great offer especially at the present time  for current customers needing more data.

On that matter, I disagree. I think it's a terrible offer.

I know that right now, there has a be balance of trying to get customers to upgrade their plans. Public Mobile likely doesn't want to make it look as if they're trying to captilze off of current affiairs. At the same time, the business can't stand still and do nothing.

Someone who's on a $40 plan isn't likely to go down to $35 and lose 3GB of data to save $5. At the same time, someone who is on a $25 plan isn't likely to pay $10 more to gain an additional 1GB, especially when so much more data can be had on the $40 plan. 

I see this plan as having two main downfalls:  It is overpriced and doesn't include enough data. That is solvable by either lowering the price or bumping the data amount up even more.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@computergeek541 

I was having the same thoughts as you but wasn't sure if it was just me. I actually went down to the $25 plan as I found 5 GB was much more than I would typically use. If there was a $30 plan for 2 GB I would more than likely move to it.

All that being said, I really like being with Public Mobile.  Just have to convince the Wife.😁

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Public Mobile did their homework, surely we always want a better price point and more data, but that's how they lure you in. 

Beggars can't be choosers. 

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Danchvn 

Yeah that’s why Quebec is very lucky for there limited time offer. It was $30 for 2GB of data (1.5GB + 500MB auto pay bonus) it’s on now and only for new customers from Quebec. But my goodness if they have that plan I feel a lot of people would upgrade there plan (as I probably will never downgrade my $40 plan I use too much data)

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@brettster99 The regional plan for Quebec is still on.

Highlighted

Thumbs down. Please give us the same deal as Quebec. There's no need to price gouge the rest of Canada, because Videotron is only in Quebec. 

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@computergeek541 if the rate is 1G for $25, 5G for $40 and $8.5G for $50. I understand there are other things involved here but lets just use this as a guage. 

25.oo plan is 1G = 25.00ea

35.oo plan is 1G = 17.50ea

40.oo plan is 1G = 8.00ea

50.oo plan is 1G = 5.88ea 

The saving grace is that its cheaper to move up to 2G then it is to buy an add on. 

I do think it should be between 1G and 5G if the amount is consistent. So 2.5 or 3G. 

And much of your deduction is bang on forsure. 

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@computergeek541 

Ah my mistake sorry

Highlighted

This plan looks like a great deal

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle