cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: PROMO: $35 2GB Plan Limited Time Offer

I've had lucky before joining public, and the throttle Speed's were not worth it. I'd rather have seven dollars off my bill at the end of five years then have 128kps, I use anywhere between 4 and 6 GB of data so I chose the 8 gig plan.. 

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Colinh90 

Then you got the old fogeys like me  still on the old $10 plan with zero data. Lol 😂 

Highlighted

With all these data plans I've had over the Last five years, it's clear that I get around🤣

Originally I was with  freedom 2015,I stayed with them Until I started my new job in 2019 Because freedom wasn't reliable, then I switched to lucky mobile because it was reliable, they pushed me into one of those Lucky to virgin migration plans So I went for it, and I felt very duped for paying higher prices for LTE because they weren't any better than what I had with lucky, So I dumped virgin mobile and went with public a month ago.. I an't paying $65 for eight gigs of data with virgin, And I will not be switching to any public to Koodo migration plans... I've learned my lesson once and I'm not gonna fall for it a second time ..My bill with virgin mobile was so high because they kept bombarding me with random fees

Highlighted

@Colinh90 

I don’t blame ya! Freedom is spotty. 
Migration offers are all smoke and mirrors in my opinion. 

Highlighted

@TMS I agree, those migration plans are just garbage, they trap you and then they rape you with fees month after month making your bill hugely inflated.. My highest bill with virgin was $80 and i had no idea what any of the fees were for. I was like screw this I'm out of here, so I cancelled and moved here and honestly I couldn't be any happier, and with the two dollar discount for auto pay, and one dollar off every year for five years.. my 8gb plan will be $43 plus tax after five years.. Can't really beat that.. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Colinh90 wrote:

With all these data plans I've had over the Last five years, it's clear that I get around🤣

Originally I was with  freedom 2015,I stayed with them Until I started my new job in 2019 Because freedom wasn't reliable, then I switched to lucky mobile because it was reliable, they pushed me into one of those Lucky to virgin migration plans So I went for it, and I felt very duped for paying higher prices for LTE because they weren't any better than what I had with lucky, So I dumped virgin mobile and went with public a month ago.. I an't paying $65 for eight gigs of data with virgin, And I will not be switching to any public to Koodo migration plans... I've learned my lesson once and I'm not gonna fall for it a second time ..My bill with virgin mobile was so high because they kept bombarding me with random fees

Good for you doing the math and making choices based on math / needs. I think you'll find PM has the better balance for cost and plan options.

I'm surprised that people stay with their expensive plans when PM offers are just as good or better....for much less $$. In some cases it's Mom and Dad paying the phone bill so who cares !!

There are no random fees to deal with here....if you didn't pay for something ahead of time, you don't have it and you won't get dinged for it later.

Welcome to Public Mobile.

Highlighted

The sad part with public though is that the mobile kios peoples always talk new customers into going with the likes of virgin or Koodo.  The other day I convinced a random stranger to go to public because of the discounts of auto pay, and one dollar off your bill every year for up to 5 years.. originally the person was going to go with Public but the kiosk woman persuaded him into Virgin by saying that Public had no tech-support, but I persuaded him back to his original decision With the auto pay, and the dollar off every year for five years, and I mentioned the online forms he can go for help..

Highlighted

@TMS LOL The thing is, once you get dependent on data it's hard to go back,  I i rely on public transit, so I need to have Google maps and my bus schedule with me at all times, And I need to know if there's any delays with the buses or trains So I can take alternative routes if I need to... Plus it's always nice listening to YouTube videos on long bus rides or during my breaks at work because I have no Wi-Fi at work... 

Mayor / Maire

@Colinh90

if you watch YouTube don't forget to lower the quality level to either 360p or 480p for more data savings. on a small screen 480p looks as good as 1080p. check your data savings and maybe you'll be able to downgrade to the $40/5gb plan

seems like you're a pretty good sales person! next time offer your referral code to start saving more quickly! in a few months you can easily get that into the double digits

👍

Highlighted

@Colinh90 

That kiosk worker should be fired. Lol 😂 

Need Help? Let's chat.