Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROMO: $35 2GB Plan Limited Time Offer

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting May 12th, 2020 our current promotion of 500MB of bonus data on the $35 plan will be available in Self-Serve, meaning it is available for existing customers. This will be available for a limited time. 

What does this mean for you? 

For a limited time, existing customers can change their rate plan to the following:

• $35 per 30 days
  • 1GB + 500MB BONUS data at 3G speeds (per 30 days)
  • 500MB BONUS data when you sign up for auto-pay (per 30 days)
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text

Important things to know: 

• Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed
  • Previous promotions that have been applied to the account that have been indicated as ‘non-stackable’ will be removed when you switch to this plan. To see if a promotion you currently have applied to your account is ‘non-stackable’ please check the terms of that specific promotion. 
  • If you are already on the $35 plan and would like to receive the bonus data, you will have to switch your plan in Self-Serve

How to get this offer: 

1.Log in on Self Serve

2.Go to “Plan and Add-ons”

3.Select “Change Plan”

4.Select the ready-made plan “$35 for 1.5GB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Team

313 REPLIES 313

@helenhelen 

Public mobile usually will give at least 12 hours notice in the announcements section.

helenhelen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Will you tell us when this deal expires? 🙂

tanyar21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been trying to find out also if the 1GB recurring promo was stackable, but no answer as of yet,but what I did is I went ahead and did the process to change my plan to the SPECIAL OFFER, and at the end it shows you your new plan and the 1gb/month promo does not show up, so I did not go through with it, I did not have the other promos u had,but I just rewrote a moderator, waiting for answer, I'll get back if I get news.

@helenhelen wrote:

Does "limited time" mean that we can only sign up for a limited time (and will there be any advance warning of an expiry date for the offer?), or that the actual plan itself is only for a limited time (e.g. in 3 months, we have to go back to one of the other plans)? Thanks!

It means that offer is only available for a limited time. Once you sign up for it, you can keep getting that plan as long as you don't change to a different plan...then want it back...if it's not available.

@helenhelen 

This means that the offer is only for a limited time, the plan will be with you for as long as you keep it. 

helenhelen

Does "limited time" mean that we can only sign up for a limited time (and will there be any advance warning of an expiry date for the offer?), or that the actual plan itself is only for a limited time (e.g. in 3 months, we have to go back to one of the other plans)? Thanks!

Screenshot_20200516_140219_com.android.chrome.jpg

@buang99 go to change plan, click the special offer one and upgrade on next renewal if you would like this plan. 

@buang99 This plan is already available to anyone.

buang99

Wouldn't this be nice if they also made this available to anyone who wants to upgrade their plans? 🙂

I remember that. I think I saw someone report that after the first month it began to show as a single block of data that is 1Gb higher than that plan would normally be.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Anonymous 

Yes the “1 Gb Promo” was the August or September 2019 give away. So @meche has nothing to worry about, they will all stay put if you change plans.

AE_Collector

There was a promo back in early Dec that had 1GB renewing...not just an add-on. I'm not sure where it appeared in the self-serve or what it was called.

@Anonymous 

Yes the “1 Gb Promo” was the August or September 2019 give away. So @meche has nothing to worry about, they will all stay put if you change plans.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@meche wrote:

Hello!

First time posting to the Community - go easy on me, haha.

I currently have these promotions:

- $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on

- $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)
- 1GB Promo

Where do I determine whether these are stackable?

TLDR: I want to switch my plan to this $35 promo, and am wondering if my three above promotions will disappear.

Thanks, and stay safe everyone!

That 1GB Promo...was that from last summer? If so then all of those are classed as add-ons and will stay on your account until consumed. If that 1GB Promo is from a prior promo then you could risk losing that one. But the other two should stay. What plan are you on now?

@meche wrote:

Hello!

- 1GB Promo

TLDR: I want to switch my plan to this $35 promo, and am wondering if my three above promotions will disappear.

Those 3 promo items will stay on your account until you use them up...or abandon the account. They can't be transferred to someone else...you have to use them.

meche
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello!

- 1GB Promo

@darlicious

Heres the “R” that my iPad “ate...R, now it’s fReed from jail...

Thanks for the offer but if camping anywhere we will use the in-laws cabin at Tulameen that they more or less can’t use while they are “stuck” at Point Roberts WA. They can use our cabin at PR that we can’t go to as long as they don’t drink all my beer. I guess I should ask for a fuel surcharge (like Canada post still has on parcels...not sure how low fuel prices need to go before that should be a fuel KICKBACK) as they would travel 5 km each way to our cabin and we would travel 295 km each way to theirs.

@AE_Collector wrote:

I sort of like being forced to spend the extra $5 ($10->$15) to get the 1/4 Gb of data for the convenience of it plus the unlimited texting and Unlimited incoming / 100 minutes outgoing voice turns those items into items I don’t wake up worrying about running out of at night. Until summer cabin time which may easily not arrive this summer, I am very happy at $15 for each of our phones even though we are using little of the plans included items currently.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector  BC parks reservations open up Monday morning....it only costs me the $18 reservation fee for two week of camping at porteau cove, alice lake, golden ears, arbutus grove, callaghan lake, nairn falls?.......we could team up. You supply the vehicle i supply the camping spot.

@AE_Collector 

@darlicious 

Your account has been feed from jail!

Yeah i was feeding a hangry Firefox apparently while imprisoned or banished really....i guess I have to kick it off my tablet and once it simmers down now....ill let it back in again. I understand I act a little crazy when I get hangry too.. I won't let anyone in my kitchen til I'm done.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector 

I seem to recall it was put up as a move-to plan for those on the now-obsolete pay as you go and having to deposit $10 a month for the privilege. Now they're burning through the accumulated balance. I guess they could then top up again and burn through that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous  Yes but with those numbers youre asking for would make it a better plan than the $10 plan we currently have that pm doesn't seem to want to bring back.... at least not without any included data (the full 4G data thing). It would be more practical to wish for a $10 50/50/50 plan. Even though pm doesnt raise prices and occasionally sweetens the pot on a poorly priced plan or add on as they have recently your dream plan is just that....in your dreams.

But hey I do tell people to think positive and keep pushing/wishing for what you want....your wish could come true if you wish hard enough. I tell myself that every time I buy a lottery ticket!

Um...I'm not holding my breath. It's just a suggestion. I'm mostly content with the $10 plan and text workarounds. My life is changing again in the near future so things here might change too. We'll see.

Here's paraphrasing will13am again...take this place for what it is, not what you want it to be.

@Anonymous  Yes but with those numbers youre asking for would make it a better plan than the $10 plan we currently have that pm doesn't seem to want to bring back.... at least not without any included data (the full 4G data thing). It would be more practical to wish for a $10 50/50/50 plan. Even though pm doesnt raise prices and occasionally sweetens the pot on a poorly priced plan or add on as they have recently your dream plan is just that....in your dreams.

But hey I do tell people to think positive and keep pushing/wishing for what you want....your wish could come true if you wish hard enough. I tell myself that every time I buy a lottery ticket!

@Anonymous wrote:

@AE_Collector 

The mothers in my life both coincidentally have the same phone and plan. They are on that plan too. I can't justify them moving to here because they are truly just emergency/senior use. $3 is pretty good for that use. iirc they were "forced" on to that plan from the prior pay as you go when Telus obsoleted it. They also have accumulated a balance that is being burned through.

Telus $10 Pay & Talk customers were forced to a $10/month plan that included 500 minutes of in/out calling (local I believe, not provincial or national) but somewhere I read that there were certain customers offered $3/5 minute plans. It was mentioned on a non Telus site RFD or one of the others. At that time I called Telus to make the switch and enquired about the $3 option. Person had heard something about it but could find nothing in their computers. Offered to check with Her manager Which I was certain would go nowhere but eventually she came back saying a Good News, they are changing some coding that will allow her to move the two phones to the $3 plan. To this day I have no idea who the $3 plan was built to target, couldn’t have been just ”ultra low Voice Only users” as if our parents didn’t fit that description, no one could have!

I sort of like being forced to spend the extra $5 ($10->$15) to get the 1/4 Gb of data for the convenience of it plus the unlimited texting and Unlimited incoming / 100 minutes outgoing voice turns those items into items I don’t wake up worrying about running out of at night. Until summer cabin time which may easily not arrive this summer, I am very happy at $15 for each of our phones even though we are using little of the plans included items currently.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector 

The mothers in my life both coincidentally have the same phone and plan. They are on that plan too. I can't justify them moving to here because they are truly just emergency/senior use. $3 is pretty good for that use. iirc they were "forced" on to that plan from the prior pay as you go when Telus obsoleted it. They also have accumulated a balance that is being burned through.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous    And im back.....yes there might be wastage but the vast majority of us use texting so if you priced it at the lowest you can $0.01 per text or $5/500 texts the $5 charged for unlimited texts, unlimited incoming calling, 100 calling minutes and 250mb of data is a bargain even at a "pay per use" no wastage plan you envision. Unless its a low use emergency phone a normal user will still use close to $5 worth of services or would happily pay for what you get in that $5.

Under your vision....100 texts would be $1, 100 in/out calls=$1, 100mb data=$1.50 total=$3.50

Pm's $15 plan..........unlimited texts/incoming calls, 100 outgoing min, 250mb data total=$5

Unless it was as stated an emergency use only phone or you were completely vigilant with its usage the most one would save assuming everyone knows not to text you might be $3 but for most that would be a giant headache to save the price of a timmy's coffee. I think the only waste in your plan would be your money and your peace of mind and I think that's worth more than $3!

Still not seeing it or your numbers. I have admitted on several occasions that I'm a low-use customer. Not emergency/senior.

I would suggest numbers along the lines of $5 a term for the privilege of being a customer, $5 for 500 texts, keep the $5 500 minutes, keep the $15 1gb (if not even less). All add-ons that behave as current add-ons.

Right now, the $10 plan that you and I have is pretty good. Except for the texting. (although there are workarounds)

@darlicious 

Your account has been freed from jail!

@Anonymous 

I bet something like the $10 is back eventually. Everything Cellular slowly gets lower in price. Depends too much on the competition. When Telus changed their Pay & Talk plans significantly two years ago I was able to get both sets of our parents onto $3 / 5 minutes a month plans where overage I believe is 50c/minute. None of them have exceeded the limit in two years! And, I haven’t put $ onto their accounts in close to 4 years as even when it was still $10/month they were allowing people to suspend top ups to burn off accumulated funds built up in accounts. They each had over $200 built up. I think they will hit $0 very early next year so have to decide between $10/3 months, $25/8 months or $100/ 3 years! I exaggerate a little, there is 75c 911 off each month as well as the $3. 

AE_Collector

@Anonymous    And im back.....yes there might be wastage but the vast majority of us use texting so if you priced it at the lowest you can $0.01 per text or $5/500 texts the $5 charged for unlimited texts, unlimited incoming calling, 100 calling minutes and 250mb of data is a bargain even at a "pay per use" no wastage plan you envision. Unless its a low use emergency phone a normal user will still use close to $5 worth of services or would happily pay for what you get in that $5.

Under your vision....100 texts would be $1, 100 in/out calls=$1, 100mb data=$1.50 total=$3.50

Pm's $15 plan..........unlimited texts/incoming calls, 100 outgoing min, 250mb data total=$5

Unless it was as stated an emergency use only phone or you were completely vigilant with its usage the most one would save assuming everyone knows not to text you might be $3 but for most that would be a giant headache to save the price of a timmy's coffee. I think the only waste in your plan would be your money and your peace of mind and I think that's worth more than $3!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@maximum_gato . @darlicious 

Nope...that's still an obligation to pay $15. My suggestion is about keeping the obligation to a minimum. And you "waste" paying for unlimited incoming and texting when you only use so much. And you might "waste" some paid outgoing minutes and paid data.

There's no waste in add-ons. It's close to pay as you go but not quite.

@Anonymous wrote:

@vn33 wrote:

Last month my wife got a targeted-offer (via a text message) to switch from her current $25/1Gb plan to $35 for 3Gb. Of course we jumped on it. Her plan just switched to the new plan yesterday so now she has 3Gb/unlimited CA voice/ Int'l text for $35.

IMHO, this is a good price point and usability for a phone plan. Wish every Carrier would have this as an option.

Depends on your needs and preferences of consuming cell service. I wish there was a basic, minimum charge for the privilege of having an account. And then consumable add-ons for talk, text, data. Add-ons stay on until consumed. No wasting of paid-for features.

@Anonymous  We essentially have that now with the $15 plan. It's $10 plan fee + $5 for texting, incoming calling, 100 minutes outgoing and a very basic 250mb data plan. You then have the choice of 3 calling minutes add ons @ $5/500min Canada wide, $8/200min US&Canada, $15/400min US&Canada+18 international countries and the $10/200mb and $15/1gb data add ons. That essentially covers what youre asking for the only thing it doesnt allow you to have would be a calling only plan with the $10 plan fee + $5/500 min calling add on.

@vn33 wrote:

Last month my wife got a targeted-offer (via a text message) to switch from her current $25/1Gb plan to $35 for 3Gb. Of course we jumped on it. Her plan just switched to the new plan yesterday so now she has 3Gb/unlimited CA voice/ Int'l text for $35.

IMHO, this is a good price point and usability for a phone plan. Wish every Carrier would have this as an option.

@vn33  That was a smart move by your wife to snag that offer as thats what the $35 plan should have is 3gb. It should be as follows $25/1gb, $30/2gb, $35/3gb $40/5gb $50/8.5gb.

Need Help? Let's chat.